Axle nut size??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcoop99

Reaction score
Don't ask how, but the castle nut on the rear axle is less than usable after a recent incident........ Just need to know the size of that thing so I can order a new one!! Bike bandit simply lists it as a castle nut for $20. Don't think I need to spend 20 bucks on a nut... Or do I??

I'm sure Sean Morley has one prob even CaptianKyle, try one of them I'm sure they'll fix u up.

Call those guys, but when you do, ask for the size and thread pitch and put it on here. That way we can all benefit from your....lesson....

(I forgot to ask those questions last time I lost one and got a replacement from Sean, BTW)

The part description on the Amazon link and Parts Pak link added this:
Product Description

Yamaha Part #90185-18167-00
Nut, Self-Locking
Replaced By New # 90185-18009-00
Package Quantity = 1

Kyle that would be great. Please let me know what I owe you! It's 60 in Nebraska for the first time in a long time. Time to ride! :)

So there's 2 types of nuts, mind is just a big nut....

Not sure if you see can see it this picture.....

Attachments

• 2015 1 10 pics 107.jpg
    2015 1 10 pics 107.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 23
So there's 2 types of nuts, mind is just a big nut....

Not sure if you see can see it this picture.....

The first few years had a longer rear axle with a castle nut and a cotter pin. After that, they switched to the nylon lock-nut.

Ok I feel bad I thought I had one but I don't . I just went & dug thru everything in storage I could get to with no luck. Maybe I gave them all to Patmax or just chunked them when I left Florida. I gave away & threw away a lot of stuff when I moved.

Some of the links listed above are for "self locking" nuts. Are those the nylon ones or the castle nuts? Does anyone know the thread pitch, etc?

Both are same thread sizing. Email Jedi and ask him since he makes the custom axle covers we sell and he provides new locking nuts for them.

I was able to manage with some creative Dremel skills. Got it to work perfectly.

Back