Bad Vmax vendor experiences...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy...He jacks up the prices in store and in person.Either way its one of the last bike "salvage" yards in Southern California (one of not, the only).There are few these days so they tend to have what you need because they have small competition.So doesnt it seem odd that they have a never ending list of crap they DO have but magically NEVER HAVE ANY V-MAX PARTS?

Yeah, it appears that Jon's infamous customer service is gonna sink anyone from buying his 2nd gen stuff, Chris already has a good portion of the gen1 community covered, lol!

I have to agree with most of you on Jon's business practices. I look at what he has said to others and their bad dealings with him. I have always felt that Jon acts like a child. If someone else has the same product for less money. He gets all testy , and starts acting like a spoiled brat because he doesn't get it his way. I have also always thought that Fat Max was a very piss poor business with customer relations. Only wanting to help people that would leave their wallets open to them. I always felt like that I didn't have enough money for them. they were not very helpful with any Q's I had. Instead of trying to be helpful and maybe getting a sale. Sean Morley has been Awesome to deal with. giving very good support , long after the sale. Infact I will be calling him again soon on a jet kit.... John furbur has be another good guy to deal with.... Nothing against you John but you need to slow down a bit . Find out what you can do for the customer. I have always liked you and will continue to buy things from you....

Scooter

Hey everyone. I know if you guys are like me in these tough economic times we try to buy used part on Ebay to get our mods done if we can't find someone in the forum with what we need. I've done quite a bit to my bike in the 8 month I've had her. A lot of it on a budget, so there was a bit a Ebay shopping. I had to return 3 sets of R1 rotors do to different types of damage. But each of those sellers stood behind there stuff and accepted the stuff back no questions asked with full refunds.

This past weekend the 03 R1 regulator that I purchase on Ebay thru a salvage dealer out if Miami, DUKE7757, crapped out my me and fried my battery. I contacted them more as an FYI and below is a copy of the communication. Needless to say, I'd stay away from them if possible.

Dear duke7757,

Good afternoon. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I purchase an 03 R1 regulator from you guys back in October. I finally got a chance to get all my parts together and put them on my bike on January 23rd. It lasted less than 2 month on the bike and fried my $130 Odyssey battery. This doesn't make me very happy. I understand that it was a used piece but I think that there is an expectation that it will last longer than 2 months and not do over $100 worth of damage in that time.

Regards
Michael Carvalho

Dear carvalho0055,

Im sorry im not responsible for something that you put on your bike . A regulator is not going to fry a battery and if you had electrical problems that has nothing to do with me
- duke7757

Dear duke7757,

You aren't responsible for what I put on my bike? So I buy a regulator from you and I'm suppose put in a shoe box??? If you don't think a bad regulator will fry a battery try putting one on your own personal bike and ride around for a while and then let me know what you think. The regulator was tested at Greater Yamaha in West Palm Beach, FL and it was shot. Feel free to give them a call. If your regulator is shot, then your battery isn't get a charge back to it and will fry. There are no other electrical issues with the bike, ran perfectly fine for the year prior to putting on the regulator. The entire electrical system was test at the shop. I'm not looking for anything from you guys, but it's good to see how you stand behind your stuff. Lesson learned, thanks for the assistance.
- carvalho0055

Hey everyone. I know if you guys are like me in these tough economic times we try to buy used part on Ebay to get our mods done if we can't find someone in the forum with what we need. I've done quite a bit to my bike in the 8 month I've had her. A lot of it on a budget, so there was a bit a Ebay shopping. I had to return 3 sets of R1 rotors do to different types of damage. But each of those sellers stood behind there stuff and accepted the stuff back no questions asked with full refunds.

This past weekend the 03 R1 regulator that I purchase on Ebay thru a salvage dealer out if Miami, DUKE7757, crapped out my me and fried my battery. I contacted them more as an FYI and below is a copy of the communication. Needless to say, I'd stay away from them if possible.

Dear duke7757,

Good afternoon. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I purchase an 03 R1 regulator from you guys back in October. I finally got a chance to get all my parts together and put them on my bike on January 23rd. It lasted less than 2 month on the bike and fried my $130 Odyssey battery. This doesn't make me very happy. I understand that it was a used piece but I think that there is an expectation that it will last longer than 2 months and not do over $100 worth of damage in that time.

Regards
Michael Carvalho

Dear carvalho0055,

Im sorry im not responsible for something that you put on your bike . A regulator is not going to fry a battery and if you had electrical problems that has nothing to do with me
- duke7757

Dear duke7757,

You aren't responsible for what I put on my bike? So I buy a regulator from you and I'm suppose put in a shoe box??? If you don't think a bad regulator will fry a battery try putting one on your own personal bike and ride around for a while and then let me know what you think. The regulator was tested at Greater Yamaha in West Palm Beach, FL and it was shot. Feel free to give them a call. If your regulator is shot, then your battery isn't get a charge back to it and will fry. There are no other electrical issues with the bike, ran perfectly fine for the year prior to putting on the regulator. The entire electrical system was test at the shop. I'm not looking for anything from you guys, but it's good to see how you stand behind your stuff. Lesson learned, thanks for the assistance.
- carvalho0055

Dude, you bought a USED electrical part that lasted 2 months. This vendor owes you NOTHING! Used parts are just that, especially electrical ones, how do you know something ELSE didn't cause the rectifier to go bad? You can't blame this vendor for telling you to pi$$ off, I would have told you the same thing. Now, if it failed the FIRST TIME YOU STARTED the bike, that's a totally different story. I think you need a reality check!!!!!!

I think you may need to ask more questions. He only had that thing on the bike a few weeks!

Sean

I think you may need to ask more questions. He only had that thing on the bike a few weeks!

Sean
He said he had in on the bike for less than 2 months??? Regardless, it's a USED ELECTRICAL part! If it was a NEW rectifier, then MAYBE he has a case, but come on guys, be serious. Nobody in their right mind would expect a refund in this case, the vendor did absolutely nothing wrong in this scenario!!!!!

I helped him install it not that long ago. It may be used but there should be at least a 90 day warranty of some sort. I think he's pointing out that they didn't even offer any comment on it.

Sean

I have to agree with most of you on Jon's business practices. I look at what he has said to others and their bad dealings with him. I have always felt that Jon acts like a child. If someone else has the same product for less money. He gets all testy , and starts acting like a spoiled brat because he doesn't get it his way.

Scooter

:stir pot:

I really didn't want to hear this about Jon. He wants to sell me his personal tricked out tangerine ghost flamed V max with Vgas and his new ram air for 8K and Im all ears.

But I guess its hard to ignore his history. Jons not even listed as a vendor here.:confused2:

On the other hand. If I rode it I might buy it but after hearing this no money up front.

Sean.. why don't you have a sweet deal like this for me?:biglaugh:

We can build you anything you want! Even got a chaindrive 1500 long rod engine sitting in a crate here! Looks like I may be selling the engine out of my 99 already (two face version we just completed) but could install about anything into it. It's a decent 99 bike that I bought years ago (want to say 2002-2003??). Even have a good 2002 engine recently taken in on trade we could install or even a few other engines we could do some trans work on and have you an overdrive equipped bike.

It's always cheaper to buy one put together though as you usually can't sell one for what you have put into it. BUT, if we build a bike for you you get exactly what you want and not what someone else wanted that you just settled for.

Sean

Just talked to Jon. Answered his phone like everyone said he wouldn't. Real nice guy who talked about his kids and brother and...

Im talking about a completely polished and pimped 85 vmax with less than 10K with the very first functional ram air. Turn Key for $8

I must be really gullible.

:stir pot:

I really didn't want to hear this about Jon. He wants to sell me his personal tricked out tangerine ghost flamed V max with Vgas and his new ram air for 8K and Im all ears.

But I guess its hard to ignore his history. Jons not even listed as a vendor here.:confused2:

On the other hand. If I rode it I might buy it but after hearing this no money up front.

Sean.. why don't you have a sweet deal like this for me?:biglaugh:

I just wish someone had told me...

It's bad enough that the VMOA lets him advertise in their mag. I won't even read it now. Letting someone with known bad selling practices advertise is stupid. IMO the VMOA should be looking out for us. I'm sure more happy UFO customers exist but that's only because they didn't have any issues with parts. He's impossible to deal with and DOES NOT know what GOOD customer service is. Unless you're one of the guys that spends umpteen thousands with him... Then you're his buddy.

Guarantee you buy that bike and something big goes wrong, he'll stick you with it.

Chris

Holy shit that was fast. Iv found allot of vmax's using searchtempest.com but most arnt custom. takes forever.

Any more?:clapping:

One thing stuck in my mind when talking to Jon. Said max engines get tired over 25K.:confused2:

Holy shit that was fast. Iv found allot of vmax's using searchtempest.com but most arnt custom. takes forever.

Any more?:clapping:

One thing stuck in my mind when talking to Jon. Said max engines get tired over 25K.:confused2:

Yeah because he wants to fix and sell engines... LIAR!!!

I've seen them with over 30 on the dyno running 120+hp no problem.

Hell, Marks has 60000 or so on it and runs in the 120's.

Someone on here has over 100,000 on his.

Chris

Back