Ball busting wheelie

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes....hard landings are tough on fork seals and head bearings.

Rolling burnouts are simple...bring it up into v-boost range, first or second, then suddenly just smash it. Lights right up every time. Sometimes in second, if the tire is nice and warm, it'll hook up and lift the front end a couple inches, but that's all I've ever gotten from it, or care to get. I'll save the wheelie antics for my minibike.
You light guys can do this, I have too much traction so I have to cheat!:biglaugh:
I don't do wheelies on purpose and Redbone has stock shocks and forks dropped 2" so she's not inclined to lift the front end without a concerted effort.

I quit doing the long wheelies after burning up a few engines. So, now it's limited to 1st through 3rd gear. The heavier you are the easier to wheelie it. Passengers really make it easy.

Hardest bike to wheelie I rode was stretched 3" and lowered 2.5".

Even the 2012 Goldwing was easier to wheelie though I had to get a passenger on it. It would spin the tire otherwise.

Sean

My favorite still is Kloker getting whacked in the jewels when pulling the flywheel off:rofl_200:

That is why they make Pingle traction bars you fools! Testicals and wheelies are a bad mix. Your asking for Faux balls to go with your dented faux airbox cover if you keep this up!
I doubt I have seen a more ignorant video than the Goldwing wheelie king. If I ever get that stupid just shoot me!

HEY Chuck,
I plan on heading that way for sure this summer, but I wana try the rolling burn outs around hear first simplyu because I know the roads and God forbid something happen to my babey, it's a ashort tow home. I have heard the bike has plenty of power, just lean forward and WHAK IT, but mine just squats and goes. I haven't tried thr clutch thing yet, guess I'm affraid the front will stand up and she will come smashing down. maybe I should practice on gravel first, to get the feel for it,

I have heard the bike has plenty of power, just lean forward and WHAK IT, but mine just squats and goes.
Yea I've got the same problem. I either rip the front end off the ground or just " squat and go".. can't seem to ever light up the rear wheel while moving... Maybe its because I'm so light :confused:

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I stood my 85 straight up in traffic showing off for a carload of gawkers back in 85. I panicked and came down so hard, the wife nearly went over my shoulders and caught herself with a hand in the middle of the faux tank cover. Fortunately, my manly parts were OK. Kind of embarassing though, to have the (ex) spousal unit banging on my back with her fists afterwards.

Thanks Mike, your post made me smile knowing I am not the only one who has thought there may be a dent in the faux from my testes.

Back when I rode the CR5 a lot, I was decent at riding wheelies. I'd start in 2nd and ride it out through 5th gear. It would always come down nice and smooth.

I tried it on the max but I have to start in 1st. Get the tach up to 6K or so, back off the throttle just a bit and whack it WFO instantly and it usually stands right up. I've never been able to carry it well into 2nd gear though. Most of the time it drops during the 1-2 shift. I'm afraid to loft it up there too much and flip over. I've done that a few times on the CR5 as part of the learning curve. Not so sure I want to learn like that on the street.

I get the front up no problem doing a 1st to 2nd shifts...but its no SV650...so a couple of inches is fine to know that it CAN do it...

I made the mistake of trying it off a stoplight to impress a buddy riding next to me.... Revved it to 3000 rpm dump the clutch she came up halfway and launched nicely... Nex light i tried it again... This time 5000 rpm.... Well... Front came up... Windshield smacked me in the helmet.. Feet slipped off pegs and were dragging behind me with my rear fender mere inches from the pavement. Let go gas came down hard... Scared the shit.outta me lol... All was ok except for my pride haha...

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

no ball busting wheelies:rofl_200: for me yet dont plan on it either...............NOW 2nd GEAR ROLLING BURN OUTS.:biglaugh:...........BEEKEEPER...........SCHOOL STARTS REAL SOON :clapping: I dont have much tire left but you no me......:confused2:......they make more every day......:biglaugh:.................

Sonoran6 Take first gear to 6000rpm and open the throttle wide open and it will walk it up. Dont do this unless you have done alot of wheelie in the past and you are good at feeling the power to wheel lift ratio. The bike is heavy and it will hurt you. I was trying 2nd gear wheelie's and it dont come up to good. It will if you use the clutch but i like to use the power of the engine alone when i pull wheelie's.

I only have done wheelies on dirtbikes. vmax is a heavy beast and have not tried to do one intentionally... yet... i have only had it a month and a half. thank you for the power up advice.

:eek: I did it again. The backrest needs to come off before i do anymore wheelie's.
I did get one long one but the wheel was onley about 3 feet of the ground. Im to the point that i know what the bike is going to do when i hit it in first so my hole shot should get better. I tried unpluging the v-boost and the bike runs like poop so i pluged it back in. I also put the dyna 3000 at curv 1 (stock seting) and it dont come up as good so im going with #4 and 9500 rpm rev limit. and i will set my shift light at 6200 to launch and 9000 to shift.

Back