Battery tender?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys use? I have no space for anything and other than mounting it underneath on the swingarm brace I have no clue where to hide one on the bike but I'm afraid of the exhaust heat getting to it... I should have some new pics of the airshifter install soon, I'm really happy with the way it came out and it shifts like a dream but trying to add anything to these bikes is like squeezing 2lbs if shit into a 1lb bag! LOL

Ahhh ok, I bought one that mounts to the bike but I can take it back and just get a regular one, I was thinking of mounting a cigarette lighter outlet on there anyway, then I could just backfeed it through that couldn't I? Be nice to have one in case I need to charge my phone while I'm out too.

Ahhh ok, I bought one that mounts to the bike but I can take it back and just get a regular one, I was thinking of mounting a cigarette lighter outlet on there anyway, then I could just backfeed it through that couldn't I? Be nice to have one in case I need to charge my phone while I'm out too.
Yep thats the ticket I have one on mine just for that.

The "onboard" chargers are typically designed for trucks or boats. There's really no need for it on a bike.

I have the Junior model, which is just a box that sticks into the wall outlet. Put the pigtail on the battery, I have mine snaked down so I can pull it out in front of the left side cover, then put the terminal cap on and just shove it back in there. Red light means charging, green blink means almost done, solid green means it's done and on float mode.

I know Deltran makes a cig lighter "adapter" that plugs into the bike end of the pigtail, so you can get an instant 12v outlet when needed for a GPS or phone charger or something. I suspect you could make one fairly easily as well but I think they were only like $10.

I'm just going to take back the one I bought and get a small motorcycle trickle charger and wire up a cigerette outlet on it that way when the bike sits for awhile I can just plug it in and be good. I just have the big battery mod done to mine with an Advance Auto maintanace free battery so I'm sure this setup will be fine. Thanks for the advice guys! :clapping:

I have a Eastern Beaver setup on Redbone that has the SAE connector that I can plug in a cigarette lighter socket into. I have the cigarette socket attached to the rear part of the air box above the coolant overflow bottle (it's a tight fit) that I plug my GPS/ Phone into.
The SAE connector will also plug into a Battery Tender Junior that I intended to get but since I bought a Odyssey PC680 I haven't needed a charger going on 3 seasons now.

Deltran Battery Tender Jr. Best money I've spent... I have the stock battery in my 2003 SV1000S.

Chris

Back