Beer is getting warm!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawman504

Reaction score
This is indeed a VMAX question because when im working on my bike, i like to have a cold beer or twelve. Hence the reason i have a big ass commercial refridgerator in my garage. Problem is, is the damn thing quit cooling to the proper specifications that i prefer in order to keep me refreshed with my COLD alcoholic beverages. I thought at first it was the thermostat because it has been remaining at a constant 50 degrees inside but i have ruled that out. I just got up from hands and knees because i decided to look underneath of this thing only to find a bunch of crap that i know nothing about. However, i am smart enough to realize that all of the copper lines under there probably shouldnt have a quarter of an inch of ice built up on them. Does anybody have any damn idea why its like this or what may be going on? The compressor seems to be working as far as i can tell because i its making noise, and i would figure that if the lines are frozen, its gotta be getting cold as hell from somewhere. Any ideas from anybody who just may be a refridgeration kinda feller?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Sounds like its frozen up like an air conditioner. Usually when that happens you have to turn it off, and let it thaw out. Now, after that you have to find the reason why it froze up. Is it low on freon...etc?

However, i am smart enough to realize that all of the copper lines under there probably shouldnt have a quarter of an inch of ice built up on them. Does anybody have any damn idea why its like this or what may be going on?

Easy, lift your refridgerator up a few more inches and roll your beers underneath it - ice cold beers are back :rofl_200:

Big fridge. Small amount of contents. Can be a formula for the defrost system to not be able to keep up....leading to freezeover. Thaw it. Reduce the inside temp. Put more beer in it to keep cool. Outside humidity can also play a roll. We have issues similar to this on the new fridge in our basement since we don't keep a lot of stuff in it.

is it a refridgerator/freezer. is the freezer all ice in the box. you can always try to defrost it.

Fill up some empty milk cartons with water to fill up some of the empty space. Damn shame to see good beer getting warm!:biglaugh:

Bahahaha! Havent been getting my notifications, just saw these. Right after I posted this, I decidedmto do a thaw out like Traumahawk stated. It worked! Now to see if it stays working.

Im gonna try the water jug idea as this is a pretty big fridge but it does have alot of beer already. Thanks Redbone and jfeagins. Humidity may be a factor or just the cold ass weather (garage not well insulated).

John, putting the beer under the fridge may damn well be my next move - hahaha

And Jamie, that sure is nice of you haha, no Coronies, Miller Lite, Bud Lite, Michelob Ultra, and a few of my old ladies girly girl drinks. Better idea, take a ride down and help me drink them to clear out the kitchen fridge! Amber went nuts when I started throwing good stuff away to make room for the beer before it got warm. She just didnt understand. Lol!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Well, the defrosting idea worked for two days. Cleaning the K&N air filter and went to grab a Miller Lite and they were all 51 degrees. That sucked big time. Still open to ideas or suggestions.

Maybe the thermostat is bad, or failing?
I had to replace our kitchen fridge tstat a few years ago. An easy job, inexpensive to buy.
Shop online - much cheaper than ordering from original fridge vendor, or buying at repair shop.
Got mine at AppliancePartsPros.com

Cheers!

Thanks Miles. I'll shop around.

Traumahawk, how can i tell if its full of freon or not?

Thanks Miles. I'll shop around.

Traumahawk, how can i tell if its full of freon or not?

You will have to put on some A/C gauges, and see how many pounds of freon is in the system.

My question would be is the motor/compressor running/cycling all the time?.....if so it could be it's just low on refrigerant "freon"......If not it may just be somthing as simple as a thermostat, you would need a set of manifold guages to read both the high and low sides of the pressure system to see if it's operating correctly, if you think your fridge is worth it I would suggest having someone come out and give it a look................Tom.

Just bring that beer with you to thunder and we all will show you how to fix your beer problem. Shit thats right you have a fridge problem. Well bring them beer's with you to thunder anyhow.

Back