Concealed Carry Weapons, Firearm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having the safety on the trigger has never caused an unprompted boom for me, "Proper gun control I guess" LOL "And one thing for sure when you pull the trigger a Glock will fire", which is exactly what I'm looking for in a carry weapon. But I do see your point Rusty.

Glock?

Plastic guns with out a visible hammer?

No thanks....

Not to mention every single time you hear about some cop shooting himself in the ass while taking a shit it's a Glock, the things are about 80 "cocked/triggered" just waiting on a little help to go off...it's inherent in the design....

Wow, I must be lucky than, approaching 8000 rounds through my 17, and having owned it for 21 years I just must be damn lucky it never went off unintentionally. Every time you hear about a cop shooting him self it because 100% of the time he's an idiot.

Can you see the hammer on a Remington 700 rifle or any other modern rifle or shotgun? Can you see it on a Smith Airweight?
Thats not a real convincing argument.
If you don't' like them thats cool, but don't bash them because you don't know how they operate. Glocks have 3 safeties, how many does a revolver have? Glocks go off when the trigger is pulled, thats pretty much it. Stupidity of human beings should not be used to dis a design of something that works as it is supposed to.

And by the way . . . anyone that "shows off" his guns is a :jerk it:

I agree with that 100% but there's a major difference between "showing off" and saying to a friend...."Hey, check out the Kimber I just got."

I also agree with the "show your enemies...." statement. If you ever have to "go to the wall" with some asshole you can bet your ass your weapon is going to be confiscated in the investigation!

I would much rather lose a charter arms off-duty .38 to a kimber....any day. You might actually get the charter arms back.....the kimber? I wouldn't bet on it!

Two times you'll be damn glad you have a Glock.

1. When you are scared-fucking-shitless, grabbing for your weapon (perhaps not thinking about a thumb safety) and praying to God it goes bang when you pull the trigger.

2. When you're on your VMax and it starts to rain.

Any opinions? :ummm:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Subject: 44 MAGNUM ACCIDENT-this is a S&W 44- a fine piece. Chinese screw us again[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] with crap ammunition ![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].44 Magnum accident

First it was baby formula, then pet food, but now you should watch out when buying anything from China, including bright, shiny ammunition.

A guy came into the police department the other day to ask a favor.

He had a S&W 629 (.44 Mag) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range. He said there was a loud bang

when he tested his new ammo, (Chinese made), and the gun smacked him in the forehead, leaving a nice gash.

When the tweety birds cleared from around his head, the pictures show what he saw.
Bet he never uses Chinese made ammo again!
Looks like when the round in the chamber went off, it also set off at least two other rounds in adjacent cylinders.
I would have hated to been the one that pulled the trigger on that one!
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I was going through this thread when I saw this. It's not the ammo's location of creation that was the issue.
I've seen this before on Bugs Bunny, when I was a kid. This is what happens when you stick your finger in the barrel :biglaugh:

Its been on several shooting sites with various stories attached. IMO it's definately a case of more grains than brains syndrome.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 11
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 10
It certainly is a quick way of getting a cross section of a S&W Model 29 cylinder.

Possibly he misunderstood when they said the gun was a convertable?:rofl_200:

I was going through this thread when I saw this. It's not the ammo's location of creation that was the issue.
I've seen this before on Bugs Bunny, when I was a kid. This is what happens when you stick your finger in the barrel :biglaugh:

Its been on several shooting sites with various stories attached. IMO it's definately a case of more grains than brains syndrome.

That's a good one!!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

That video made me twitch just watching it.

For the love of God. If you are going to do this to your gun at the bare minimum:

1: Use gloves and scalding hot water: The hot water will heat the metal parts and help with evaporation of water upon removal.

2: After drying and blowing out with compressed air, douse all of the workings with WD40 or another water displacing agent to remove water in the pores of the metal and all of the nooks and crannies.

Either way, I don't think any of my guns will ever see a bath in water for normal cleaning. If the gun is covered in mud or something similar then maybe, but certainly not for normal range time.

Having the safety on the trigger has never caused an unprompted boom for me, "Proper gun control I guess" LOL "And one thing for sure when you pull the trigger a Glock will fire", which is exactly what I'm looking for in a carry weapon. But I do see your point Rusty.

I truly believe they Glocks must be a good weapon, the gun world doesn't get it's legends from advertisements but from performance and word of mouth. I've just never warmed to them I guess and still prefer a "traditional" firearm..matter of taste really......1911, and Browning styles etc still call to me more, My personal faves for semi's that I own are a delta elite, a browning style CZ and my fav. semi- is a baby eagle in .40, tho it's too damn heavy to be a good carry gun. I still prefer a good revolver tho, especially a good single action revolver. I own 12 handguns, only 4 of which are semi's. I've got a nice 4" barrell Ruger Vacquero I'll put up against any thing at 15 yards or less, including rate of fire...I've always kinda looked at semi's as the "spray and pray" method of self defense...... My carry gun is a ruger .357 5 shot sp-101 with the sort barrel. i'll be the first to tell you that ruger revolvers have shitty trigger action and pull tho, they have too many lawyers on staff, you have to fix the triggers if you wanna target shoot with them, which I did to my vacquero, but for "stick it in their chest and pull the trigger they are great"

I firmly believe in "If you don't start any, there won't be any!" so if possible evil-doers stay out of my home we'll all get to see the sun come up in the morning! If not then the first thing they will encounter is a dbl. brl. 12 ga, sawed off just above the knuckles....after that it's gonna get ugly!

There are no 'fair fights' inside these doors!! :punk:
I feel the same way Danny. However, Rockatansky hangs with a rough crowd, and often is found with a 40 watt Plasma Rifle slung over his shoulder.
If I drop by his place on poker night I prefer to step it up a notch with my M41A pulse rifle running the 10x24mm CETLAP round (Caseless, explosive tipped, light armor piecing). You never know when a Zombie outbreak is gonna happen, and hell, the south side is only a stone's throw from his crib. None of this hardware is concealable, likely illegal in most jurisdictions, and just plain throws off my balance on the MAX or the FZR.
For the average day to day confrontation I prefer the strongest Bear Spray I can lay my hands on. And just a tip for the rest of you, with hunting season coming to a close this stuff is on sale all over. I cleaned out Cabela's so I am set for the spring motorcycle, and bicycle, season.
It won't kill'em, but it WILL break'em down long enough to empty a Para .45 into 'em if they are still in the fight.:th_biggun:

Rockatansky thinks I am over the top when I carry both.:confused2:

Last edited:
I feel the same way Danny. However, Rockatansky hangs with a rough crowd, and often is found with a 40 watt Plasma Rifle slung over his shoulder.
If I drop by his place on poker night I prefer to step it up a notch with my M41A pulse rifle running the 10x24mm CETLAP round (Caseless, explosive tipped, light armor piecing). You never know when a Zombie outbreak is gonna happen, and hell, the south side is only a stone's throw from his crib. None of this hardware is concealable, likely illegal in most jurisdictions, and just plain throws off my balance on the MAX or the FZR.
For the average day to day confrontation I prefer the strongest Bear Spray I can lay my hands on. And just a tip for the rest of you, with hunting season coming to a close this stuff is on sale all over. I cleaned out Cabela's so I am set for the spring motorcycle, and bicycle, season.
It won't kill'em, but it WILL break'em down long enough to empty a Para .45 into 'em if they are still in the fight.:th_biggun:

Rockatansky thinks I am over the top when I carry both.:confused2:

That's a great idea 85, it will certainly dissable the average meth head and, you never really know when some wayward bruin will go off the rail and try to steal a motorcycle!

Actually, I've heard this is a fairly common Chi'Town occurrance, in the off season!

Yes, I understand Rockatansky is right on the fringe but, what do you expect from a man who laughs in the face of a freezing Mississippi River!! :th_laugh2:

He has no fear, I tell ya!!

That's a great idea 85, it will certainly dissable the average meth head and, you never really know when some wayward bruin will go off the rail and try to steal a motorcycle!

Actually, I've heard this is a fairly common Chi'Town occurrance, in the off season!

Yes, I understand Rockatansky is right on the fringe but, what do you expect from a man who laughs in the face of a freezing Mississippi River!! :th_laugh2:

He has no fear, I tell ya!!
Funny, he wasn't laughing later as we pondered the situation over some Bourbon. If things had gone wrong, I'd have been forced to bear spray him. Again...

I carry a Beretta .45 mini cougar with hollow points as a primary and either a brownings/jennings .380 or a S&W .38 snub nose as a backup. i carry these with me about everywhere i go. i have a regular belt holster for the .45 and a shoulder holster for the .380, the .38 can fit in a pocket, belt or boot. its better to be safe than sorry...

New toy for me today

1911.jpg

Back