• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cops 4 sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey blax, can you make cops for a Suzuki bandit s1200?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 gsf1200 s, it's 5kohm. 70 mm plug boot caps and yes they are it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to get the tread updated, and kicked up.

About a month ago installed the COPS. Still cant believe
how mutch better my Vmax is running. Driven about a 1000km / 750 to 800 mls, and without any problem, stutter or anything else

Just to get the tread updated, and kicked up.

About a month ago installed the COPS. Still cant believe
how mutch better my Vmax is running. Driven about a 1000km / 750 to 800 mls, and without any problem, stutter or anything else

Thank you, I'm glad I could help.

I'm looking for a Gen 2 seat, at first I said complete seat but as I think about it the front seat and backrest seat would do. basically the first & second parts of a gen 2 seat. Someday I will want to have my seat modified but don't want to use my new seat.

I'm looking for a Gen 2 seat, at first I said complete seat but as I think about it the front seat and backrest seat would do. basically the first & second parts of a gen 2 seat. Someday I will want to have my seat modified but don't want to use my new seat.

I'm not being a dick, but I think you posted on the wrong thread, and thats whats throwing people off. This is a thread about COPS aka Coil Over Plugs.

Here is a quote from exactrep explaining cracked coils---------------------
Note 3: Here's a free piece of info!: For those of you that have fitted fan switches or lower water temperature sensors because of 'hot mis-fire problems', then you best check your coils for cracking! (because that is the real reason your problem occured initially! or likewise plug caps arcing out).

COPs installed! Finally made some time to get the COPs put on this weekend. I have had them for a few weeks now. Thanks BlaxMax for a quality product, and for the links to the pictures by naughtyG. Made the install fairly easy, 1 1/2 hrs total including refreshment breaks.
I think this fixed a couple of issues I was having but really didn't know it. Bike always seemed to run "OK" with the occasional misfire after getting hot, like you just mentioned. Never thought about the plug wires themselves.

Previous owner had installed these neat looking plug wires that flashed cool lights as they fired. As you can see from the thumbnails, seems that I had one plug wire that was not really firing correctly. Looking at the spark plugs,#1 cylinder wire (on top or left) wasn't burning all the fuel. Do you think a little corrosion was present? COPs eliminated this issue by putting the coil right on the plug, less chance of problems I hear. Maybe when I wash it next time I will be able to get it started again.

No backfires or hot stalling so far. Only had it out for about 1 hr test ride, but it seemed pretty smooth.

The two coils I removed (#1, #3) looked fine, no cracks, not sure about the other two coils. I just left them on the bike. They will probably remain on the bike. Didn't really want to get that deep into the wiring harness to remove the small amount of weight.

Couple of questions:
1. Since my plug wires were not OEM I didn't have any boots to remove from original wires to add to the COPs. Is this for added protection from moisture and vibration?

2. Do I need some extra rubber grommets for support of these?

They seem to standing quite well in the spark valleys without any other support, but thought I would ask.

Anyways thanks again for such a good MOD!

Attachments

• 20160724_135005.jpg
    20160724_135005.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20160724_135159.jpg
    20160724_135159.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20160724_133825.jpg
    20160724_133825.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20160724_133751.jpg
    20160724_133751.jpg