Dyno'd the bike today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gen 2s will still have to come down a bit in price.....until then I will continue to tinker with a Gen 1.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

I'm starting to see Gen2 maxes out there for well under the 10k mark, some already with exhaust and tuning but I'm not sure I can get over the aesthetics. I find myself occasionally searching Rocket IIIs on CL but I cant see giving up the Vmax to own one.

I'm not sure at what point you might consider jumping on a Gen2 but I saw one a couple months back for $8500 somewhere here in the Dakotas IIRC. If you have a price point in mind I'll be happy to send you a link if I see anything.

I'm starting to see Gen2 maxes out there for well under the 10k mark, some already with exhaust and tuning but I'm not sure I can get over the aesthetics. I find myself occasionally searching Rocket IIIs on CL but I cant see giving up the Vmax to own one.

I'm not sure at what point you might consider jumping on a Gen2 but I saw one a couple months back for $8500 somewhere here in the Dakotas IIRC. If you have a price point in mind I'll be happy to send you a link if I see anything.
Randi Cook has a 2010 for 8 grand I read somewhere on facebook not if thats everyones price or not I believe stock also .

Randi Cook has a 2010 for 8 grand I read somewhere on facebook not sure if thats everyones price or not . I believe
it's stock also .

Have not got the email from the dyno shop, but at least I know where my 90 is at now with the setup I have on it so far.
Sean's muscle jet kit. V-boost connected
UFO 4-1
64,400 miles on engine
Elevation around 250 feet
Sheets 87 octane, with 10% ethanol ( booo)

Torque-86.52
HP-123.43

I would love to see 127-130, but this bike is old and very reliable for me. So I am happy. :punk:

Attachments

• IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 22
Have not got the email from the dyno shop, but at least I know where my 90 is at now with the setup I have on it so far.
Sean's muscle jet kit. V-boost connected
UFO 4-1
64,400 miles on engine
Elevation around 250 feet
Sheets 87 octane, with 10% ethanol ( booo)

Torque-86.52
HP-123.43

I would love to see 127-130, but this bike is old and very reliable for me. So I am happy. :punk:

Congrats, 123 is NOTHING to sneeze at.

Told the guy I want to dyno the 95, but next time they will be there is when I will be at Disney. So I might want to swing by their shop. Also wondering if 147's will make the other bike too lean also.... might swap in the 150's... guess we shall see. Good base for both bikes is what I want anyhow.... thank you Eric your your tuning advice also...

Please refresh my memory about your tune and power adders. From my research, that's about twice what a stock Gen II produces. 347 metric HP =342 USA HP. Pretty-sure a stock Gen II is a 172 RWHP ride.

OK I used my cellphone magnifier to see it says "VMax turbo" on the sheet, but doubling the HP without extensive internal mods such as lower compression pistons, enhanced oiling and cooling capacities, and additional fueling, I don't think is possible. Did I miss an interesting build post on this?

Well the Bike will REALLY let you know if its too lean, it will start bucking, etc. It lets you know what it likes, and doesnt like, before parts are hurt.

Glad that I could help.

Well got the 86 PCW 1260 dynod today, which was the main thing that I wanted. From what i was told, the bike had never been dynod.....so like most people was curious as to what it would do.

Would you believe 132 hp 82 tq? I think thats pretty good. Ive talked to John Ganney before, and he said that it would make between 130 and 135.....so he is right on the money.

dead stock internally, 73k + miles, Mark's 4-2, Morleys jet kit & airbox.

Attachments

• n_a.jpg
    n_a.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 83
I'm going to guess he has an older version of our kit and likely using the stock needles with large mains (162.5-165). The dyno in Topeka is going to be somewhere in the 1300' range though the numbers are corrected to sea level (as are all dyno sheets unless you have them print out the raw uncorrected data).

What's your sea level? What jet size, what needles, which needle groove, etc? I have basically the the same setup. Looks like you have yours pretty dialed in!

probably dynojet needles that were in it from the Stage 1 kit. you gotta do the airbox mod.... and yes, the v-boost is still intact & functioning normally.

dead stock internally, 73k + miles, Mark's 4-2, Morleys jet kit & airbox.

If you looked at the video, I'm still kinda rich, so looking to get a few more HP out of it.

One of the things that Sean always says, the more mileage on a Vmax, the make better hp. The 1260 only has 18K on it.

Gen 1 2003, flatside carbs, cams and Holeshot exhaust

Attachments

• 3F212837-8923-4383-8F23-0516AA71DF1A.jpg
    3F212837-8923-4383-8F23-0516AA71DF1A.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Back