Easterners...here's the next one

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell you the truth, I'm not 100% on what a round rocker is, but if it's what I think a toggle would seem easier to use.
True, a toggle may be better insome locations, but you have some more options with a rocker that might make a cleaner looking install. With a rocker you can have a illuminated position to show if it is on, which can save your battery. In this case you have a 3 position round shaped rocker switch (hi-lo-off). My brothers switch is not lighted and he leaves it on sometimes.
Just for you Danny!

True, a toggle may be better insome locations, but you have some more options with a rocker that might make a cleaner looking install. With a rocker you can have a illuminated position to show if it is on, which can save your battery. In this case you have a 3 position round shaped rocker switch (hi-lo-off). My brothers switch is not lighted and he leaves it on sometimes.
Just for you Danny!

I would think this accessory would be wired in a non-constant circuit such as the ignition (thru a relay) so it only draws while the bike is running?? No need to have it on otherwise. Unless at break stops you charge other riders to come over and warm their cold hands on your grips. Could be profitable!! hmmmm.......:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Just for you Danny!

Well, crapooo! Looks like the 3 position rocker is worth more than the whole outfit!! :bang head:

Truthfully.....I figured Garrett did all the research so just bought what he did! :biglaugh: J/K man!!!

Seems like a couple little LED's could be wired to come on with the toggle for lo & hi.....maybe? :confused2:

...and hey Danny.......Since this thread is living on (atleast until the flakes and salt start flying any day now).......I suggest future threads for our little band of pirates be called the Nor'easter's......that way we won't infringe on our riding brother's in the mid-atlantic and southern regions.......

Isn't that around Mach 5 tho? :punk:
ya and whats wrong with that:rofl_200: no i cant remember but its either 400 or 500kts, so not mach 5 but nice try.

...and hey Danny.......Since this thread is living on (atleast until the flakes and salt start flying any day now).......I suggest future threads for our little band of pirates be called the Nor'easter's......that way we won't infringe on our riding brother's in the mid-atlantic and southern regions.......
and what happens with the Quebecois that likes to tag along:ummm:

I would think this accessory would be wired in a non-constant circuit such as the ignition (thru a relay) so it only draws while the bike is running?? No need to have it on otherwise. Unless at break stops you charge other riders to come over and warm their cold hands on your grips. Could be profitable!! hmmmm.......:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

we'll see what the instructions say. but i think it should be wired into the key or something. the trick is tho, it draws 3 amps so i'm not sure if a lot of circuits on the bike can handle 3 more amperage draw without going right to battery? maybe a relay goes to the key switch.

i also paid thru paypal and it idn't go thru right! they charged me but never got the order. glad i called tonight as i still hadn't received a confirmation of shipment. got a tracking number this evening he said should be here friday or saturday!

Well, crapooo! Looks like the 3 position rocker is worth more than the whole outfit!! :bang head:

Truthfully.....I figured Garrett did all the research so just bought what he did! :biglaugh: J/K man!!!

Seems like a couple little LED's could be wired to come on with the toggle for lo & hi.....maybe? :confused2:

hahahahhaha. i took vmaxcruzer's opinion and just went with it. all the kits look identical for that price range. some fancy stuff but they ur knocking on $80's door.

then the FBI gets involved and no ones safe!

we'll see what the instructions say. but i think it should be wired into the key or something. the trick is tho, it draws 3 amps so i'm not sure if a lot of circuits on the bike can handle 3 more amperage draw without going right to battery? maybe a relay goes to the key switch.

i also paid thru paypal and it idn't go thru right! they charged me but never got the order. glad i called tonight as i still hadn't received a confirmation of shipment. got a tracking number this evening he said should be here friday or saturday!

hahahahhaha. i took vmaxcruzer's opinion and just went with it. all the kits look identical for that price range. some fancy stuff but they ur knocking on $80's door.

then the FBI gets involved and no ones safe!

Its funny cause it true!!!:rofl_200:no ones safe muhahahaha

I like it Mike Nor'easters it is!! :thumbs up:

Keybecians most definitely qualify as part of the Nor'easters crew, IMO!!!

We could always check with the FBI...right? They'd set us straight!! :punk:

it draws 3 amps so i'm not sure if a lot of circuits on the bike can handle 3 more amperage draw without going right to battery? maybe a relay goes to the key switch.

Well that's what the relay does. Coil side senses the "current on" signal and the contact side comes from the battery source and feeds thru to the load. The coil doesn't draw nothing from the "piggy-backed" circuit.

I'm not an electrician or nothing but I did stay at a Motel6 last night.......Damn light was on ALL night!!

I like it Mike Nor'easters it is!! :thumbs up:

Keybecians most definitely qualify as part of the Nor'easters crew, IMO!!!

We could always check with the FBI...right? They'd set us straight!! :punk:
i would have to say that "in the interest of national security!!!!!!!" they are gonna join in like it or not :biglaugh:

I was thinking the moniker "Nor'easter's" as in the storms as well as the location......and last I looked you guys north of the border get your asses pummeled by them storms too.......so we're all in "The Riding Region".....

One idea I had for a ride next year is to meet (us down here & you Canadian Bros) at Bromley Ski Resort in VT. for some alpine riding. It's about 2 hours to my north. Might be approx halfway for a meeting point.......we had one down here many years back. Gone now but what a blast.......just a thought......and that "Sun Mountain Flyer" ride looks pretty fun also!!!

http://summer.bromley.com/attractions/

http://summer.bromley.com/directions/

I was thinking the moniker "Nor'easter's" as in the storms as well as the location......and last I looked you guys north of the border get your asses pummeled by them storms too.......so we're all in "The Riding Region".....

One idea I had for a ride next year is to meet (us down here & you Canadian Bros) at Bromley Ski Resort in VT. for some alpine riding. It's about 2 hours to my north. Might be approx halfway for a meeting point.......we had one down here many years back. Gone now but what a blast.......just a thought......and that "Sun Mountain Flyer" ride looks pretty fun also!!!

http://summer.bromley.com/attractions/

http://summer.bromley.com/directions/

Yeahaa!! That looks like a good one Mike....I'm in!! Altho I gotta tell ya....the bumper boats look more my speed!! You know how those fast noisey things scare me!! :th_scared:

Yeahaa!! That looks like a good one Mike....I'm in!! Altho I gotta tell ya....the bumper boats look more my speed!! You know how those fast noisey things scare me!! :th_scared:
is that why you dis-robed sallymax and put the granny undies on her :rofl_200:

my grips are:

Processed through Sort Facility, November 18, 2009, 7:36 pm, OAKLAND, CA 94615

Me and a few buddies rode out to Bromley this summer and rode the "sun mountain flyer" zip line. To me it wasn't particularly thrilling/exciting and I think it was $20/person. The guy working it was chatting with us and explaining how the "sled" that holds the swing seat/harness works, there's like a centrifugal clutch in it that starts to drag(brake) once you reach about 30mph. The braking wheel is on the back, so if you lean forward you can go a little bit faster. The actual ride lasts about 30 seconds. If you want to race(there's two lines), make sure you take the left one...every single time that person won by quite a bit. A couple of the other guys thought it was a blast though, and my perspective might be skewed a bit. For one, I ride a Vmax, and two, I'm a nut for roller coasters. Went to Cedar Point twice this summer, and once to Six flags NJ. So I need to be haulin' ass to get a good thrill. And vboost is a lot cheaper than a $10mil roller coaster.

Actually if you go to Bromley I'd recommend the death sleds. They're little tiny carts you sit on with one handle in the middle and ride down a really, really long track down the mountain. If you've got a pair that clank you can make it down the entire track without using the brake(except for at the very end to get off). You push the handle down to lift the cart onto it's front wheels, letting go of it splits the front weight 50/50 between the brake puck and the wheels, and pulling back lifts the cart onto the brake. The fun thing is that the track isn't idiot proof, like there aren't lips at the top of the banked turns to keep you from flying off the track. I don't know how fast you go, but I'd imagine at least 30-40 in spots. On a piece of plastic with four toolbox casters under you, that's pretty fast. Have to bring a handheld GPS next time and see. Only thing that sucks is more often than not you'll be going so fast, you'll catch up to some mom+kid riding the brake the entire way down going like 2mph. Try to BS around at the top and hold up the line a bit to make sure the previous person is almost done before you go to avoid "traffic". Also, I think you can buy a pass for unlimited rides for like $15 or something.

Actually if you go to Bromley I'd recommend the death sleds. They're little tiny carts you sit on with one handle in the middle and ride down a really, really long track down the mountain.

The fun thing is that the track isn't idiot proof, like there aren't lips at the top of the banked turns to keep you from flying off the track. I don't know how fast you go, but I'd imagine at least 30-40 in spots. On a piece of plastic with four toolbox casters under you, that's pretty fast. Have to bring a handheld GPS next time and see. Only thing that sucks is more often than not you'll be going so fast, you'll catch up to some mom+kid riding the brake the entire way down going like 2mph. Try to BS around at the top and hold up the line a bit to make sure the previous person is almost done before you go to avoid "traffic". Also, I think you can buy a pass for unlimited rides for like $15 or something.

Yeah that's the Alpine Slide. We had one here years back at Mt Tom. I went down it this one time and was flying along when I came up behind my brother going slower. I rear-ended him SO HARD that I croqueted him onto my sled and finished the ride to the end that way!!....LMAO....still today thinking about it........should have seen the puzzled looks on people's faces as we pulled in at the end with one empty sled and one with two people on it.....:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

The grip heaters Garrett? I don't even bother tracking USPS stuff, they are very lax in updating their tracking info.

UPS...different deal entirely!

very true. i was curious when yours left CA and what day we'd receive them tho.

Back