Ebay Brake and Clutch masters....junk or good???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekberg

Reaction score

Attachments

• $(KGrHqRHJBQE8e25Stv0BPJ(r4fjug~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqRHJBQE8e25Stv0BPJ(r4fjug~~60_12.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 35
I wouldn't bet my life on them... They don't even list the piston size and say it fits a CB400 and a CB1300 that just doens't make sense to me. Get a good used set from another known brand such as Brembo or Nissins and you are set. If you like the bling just strip and polish them...

I picked up a used brake Nissin and clutch only paid like 70 bucks

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I would go thru their feedback and see if anyone bought that specific item. If so, see what the buyer says. :confused2:

I would go thru their feedback and see if anyone bought that specific item. If so, see what the buyer says. :confused2:

I did that. Looks like they have sold 3 and they all had good feedback (atleast initial feedback). I emailed the company and asked if they would work on a VMAX and if they came with the switches, response was yes.

Thx,
D

many feedback on ebay is made by the time you pick the package open it . not if they work after 2 months. if you are going to change your M/C i would go with radiales with bigger piston setup. i did replace both M/C with this ones . mines are 19 x 20 i just send this link to see the difference. Braking is a very known company for wave discs but their M/C are CHARM. they are more expensive from the one you posted. but dude they are from a company thats only aim is very good products for braking. there is also the same for the clutch. http://www.ebay.it/itm/POMPA-FRENO-...=Ricambi_e_Accessori_Moto&hash=item20b03fedfa

They don't even list the piston size and say it fits a CB400 and a CB1300 that just doens't make sense to me. Get a good used set from another known brand such as Brembo or Nissins ...

+1

I emailed the company and asked if they would work on a VMAX and if they came with the switches, response was yes.

Any M/C will work with any calliper....the big question is 'How well?'
The very least I would want to establish is the piston diameter.

Like most things in life you get what you pay for.
It is cheap for a reason which you may not find out about until you are doing that emergency stop to avoid a truck.
I would be inclined to buy a product that I know its providence and that I can rely on.

Don't try to cut costs where safety is concerned.

Sermon over...

i wouldn't bet my life on them... They don't even list the piston size and say it fits a cb400 and a cb1300 that just doens't make sense to me. Get a good used set from another known brand such as brembo or nissins and you are set. If you like the bling just strip and polish them...

+2
It reminds me of them piggy back rear shocks. They fit a scooter and a Vmax? so that would make it either too stiff for the scooter and we all know they're too lightweight for the Vmax, so which is it?
Just because it may fit, doesn't make it a bargain or even a good idea.

+2
It reminds me of them piggy back rear shocks. They fit a scooter and a Vmax? so that would make it either too stiff for the scooter and we all know they're too lightweight for the Vmax, so which is it?
Just because it may fit, doesn't make it a bargain or even a good idea.

There Just eye candy, I wouldn't trust them. JMO:hmmm:

Agree with all comments...THX!!!

By the way what is a good piston diameter for the brakes and clutch?

Thanks,
D

I found a genuine Nissin remote reservior brake master for the same price as those knock-offs on ebay.

Agree with all comments...THX!!!

By the way what is a good piston diameter for the brakes and clutch?

Thanks,
D

Stock is 5/8" (both clutch at brake)which is really close to 16mm.

A smaller piston will make the lever easier to pull but require more travel. Lots of guys go with 14mm pistons for the clutch and brakes (if stock calipers or R1 calipers) I hear the 6 piston calipers work better with a stock sized master.

Radial masters are a little different. They are listed in sizes such as 19x16, 19x18, 19x20......Or 16x18, 16x20, etc. The first number is relative to the piston size. The second number is relative to the pivot length. A longer pivot length makes the lever easier to pull.

I'm not sure how to compare a radial master to conventional. One would think if you need a 14-16mm conventional master, it would be the same in radial. However, I am running a ZX14 radial clutch master with a 19mm piston (not sure what pivot length is?) and it works great with the DD clutch and is just as easy (if not easier) to pull than a 14mm conventional. I never did find a good explanation for this.

I second that... ^...
One thing is kinda awkward to me though. I had stock brake master with my ISR 6 pots and i changed it to ZX14 brake master and that would supposed make the lever stiffer and with less travel but the opposite happens, so it feels more spongy and takes longer lever travel to brake. And its not a bleeding issue...

Back