Ebay wheel bearings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonerdave

Reaction score
LINK

Any thoughts? Bad idea? Looks like they are about a third of the cost of new OEM (the kit includes seals). I'm always on the look out for a good deal, but I also don't want to cheap out on my Max!

I bought new from the dealer or online I think....didn't wanna skimp when it came to my baby (plus the skin on my ass!)

LINK

Any thoughts? Bad idea? Looks like they are about a third of the cost of new OEM (the kit includes seals). I'm always on the look out for a good deal, but I also don't want to cheap out on my Max!

I had bought some on ebay about 2-3 yrs ago. They didn't come with any seals though. I can say I haven't run them because my bike is still going back together. But when installing them they fit the same as a stock one. They felt very smooth when you turned them in your hands. They truly seamed very fine.
Scooter

Hey Dave, I don't know if this would help you or anyone else but in doing some parts price comparisons of different OEM parts I found this company called Zanotti motor co. that had the cheapest parts.
I compared Cheapcycleparts.com, motosportswarehouse.com, boats.net, Ronayers.com with zanottimotors.com.
boats.net and Ronayers.com were the same price, a good bit lower than the other two but when I compared them to zanottimotors.com they were $25.00 more for 3 parts!
The 3 parts were:
FJR brake master cylinder (5DM-W2587-01-00), Vmax clutch cover (3JP-15427-00-00), Vmax stator cover (3JP-15418-00-00)
Ronayers.com/ boats.net pricing = $255.89
zanottimotors.com pricing = $229.60
Check them out as they may have cheaper OEM bearings. https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/pLookUp.php
Hope it helps somebody out. :punk:

LINK

Ill say it depends who made those bearings.

I know some very good and good bearings manufacters like KOYO, TIMKEN, SKF, FAG etc.
But I know also some "shit, not worhty" bearings that will explode within 1k miles.
Lot of chinesse shit today...

When I want a bearing im going to Bearings Shop.
I can buy evry manufacter I want in many price ranges.
At least I know what Im buying.

It looks like the zanotti motors price is $22.42 for bearings (2 ea) and $4.80 for seal(1 ea) and $5.95 for seal on speedometer side(1 ea).
$33.17 for the set.

Hey maybe zanotti should go in the links section - those are easily the best prices I've seen online for OEM parts. Thanks Redbone!

Check out a set from a company called "All Balls Racing". Same bearings as OEM for 1/3 the cost and they come with all the seals etc. OEM are just reboxed Timkins so you are getting ripped off buying them, add Yamaha to the box and triple the cost! Normally OEM parts are best, but when they just use readily available parts just reboxed and the price jacked up it is time to look elsewhere!

Hmm - the pic on the Ebay listing is identical to the one on the All Balls site (and $6 cheaper). Doesn't look like they make bearing sets for the rear wheel - any idea why not?

i got some for my spare wheels as Sean had said thats what he would do comparing the price to OEM.

i got the set you have up there which was 2x front bearings and 2x seals plus a set like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...rcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a4e459a28

2 x front bearings and 1x rear bearing for cheaper than the 2 x front bearings and seals plus that rear bearing from the OEM. then gave the spare fronts to someone real cheap.

still gotta buy the shitty needle bearing one OEM.

LINK

Just take your bearings down to a bearing house in town. You'll pay probably half that and make sure you get sealed bearings.

Chris

Hey Dave, I don't know if this would help you or anyone else but in doing some parts price comparisons of different OEM parts I found this company called Zanotti motor co. that had the cheapest parts.
I compared Cheapcycleparts.com, motosportswarehouse.com, boats.net, Ronayers.com with zanottimotors.com.
boats.net and Ronayers.com were the same price, a good bit lower than the other two but when I compared them to zanottimotors.com they were $25.00 more for 3 parts!
The 3 parts were:
FJR brake master cylinder (5DM-W2587-01-00), Vmax clutch cover (3JP-15427-00-00), Vmax stator cover (3JP-15418-00-00)
Ronayers.com/ boats.net pricing = $255.89
zanottimotors.com pricing = $229.60
Check them out as they may have cheaper OEM bearings. https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/pLookUp.php
Hope it helps somebody out. :punk:

Zanotti's is minutes away from me. I've been there countless times with my boss and his harleys. Thats what the shop seems to focus on. Never would have given a thought to pricing stuff for my bike up there. Thanks for the idea.

Look in your local yellow pages for a bearing distributor warehouse. There is one in Troy that I never knew existed until a friend told me. They stock pretty much any type of bearing for anything that needs one. I want to say it was bearings for my quad, but they were way cheaper than an OEM replacement and so far working fine.

All Balls makes a good bearing. Used those on snowmobiles with good luck, and again, way cheaper than OEMs.

Latest posts

Back