Engine Guards

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael, I would really like to get my hands on one of their rear fenders if you ever run across one keep me in mind.
Here is a picture:
YAMAHA-V-MAX1200-CARBON-FIBRE-REAR-MUD-GUARD_204.jpg

I saw it a few times but I haven't checked if they were still selling it. Nothing on the links I sent?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I've looked and have been looking the last couple of years which nothing was found.
I have figured out now that if I like something it's better to buy it because it more than likely will go out of production sooner than later. I wanted Carrozzeria wheels back before they first went out of production and when Sean so graciously decided to help out us out by buying 50 sets I snapped one up.
By the way if I haven't told you lately Sean, I want to give you a big THANK-YOU!:punk:

I have a pair and reckon that they are top notch quality so would unreservedly recommend them.

The only aspect I didn't like was the plastic end plugs which I suspect would do nothing in the event of a crash.
I made some crash bobbins to replace those which came with the bars and had them powder coated black (the bars, not the bobbins!).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
I think the guards, and either type, look bad ass in black semi gloss. I have an old set I think I'll shoot . Maybe do the part my foot rest on in heavey wrinkle? Sell my shiney Oem's.

I had bought some off Amazon last year, they came from a small country over in Asia. They work well for like about $100. Just waiting for my buddy to build the clamps( he has C-N-E machine) so I can put highway pegs on it now..

They don't sell anymore a 4-1-2 but only 4-2-1 or 4-2-2. You could get a 4-2-1 like mine and mount a dual muffler on it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Holy crap!! Id zip tie pringles cans to mine before I spent that much for them. Lol

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I want those pringle cans sooo bad

Hardy_Daytona_by_BatiFenrir.jpg

Apologies for taking the thread off topic. I might have to start a new thread..

I will contribute back to it by getting a pick of my guards. I got them with the bike and they have Vs on the end caps. Any idea what they are?

These are my guards. They are nice but I would like to somehow attach some highway pegs to them. Anybody ever do that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, you can do it cheap or expensive. Either with a simple pad that clamps on or with pegs that clamp on and can even fold.

Attachments

• Clamp On Foot Pegs.gif
    Clamp On Foot Pegs.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Kuryakyn LongHorns.jpg
    Kuryakyn LongHorns.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 26
I think you can get the clamps sized large enough to clamp directly on the frame if I remember right.

Latest posts

Back