Eureka Springs Rally may30th-april 1st

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. I didn't know we were doing aerobics while on the bikes. This is a little intimidating.

Griffyn, I don't have you confirmed for the Friday ride yet. Are you coming over for it as well? I'll add you to the list as well, if you are.

Here is the route altho really would like someone else to lead.
I am open for any thoughts, changes or ideas to this route.
I shortnend the route south of the cliff house after lunch abit as i am unsure of the gas station situation. seems it is always an issue every year.
With this route we get gas in jasper before 123. lunch and then back to jasper for refuel. then back past cliffhouse and continue on where the next gas stop should be in huntsville.
Am mentioning the glory hole but don't think that we will have time.
again thoughts and ideas?

Also friday morning there will be a a few of us that will run out to the war eagle mill for some breakfast. Friday evening when we get back from jim and Shala's place maybe a bike tour thru the town, around the dam and across the swinging bridge etc, with a stop at the Crescent hotel for a drink.
Definatly pizzas friday or saturday. Saturday evening we are hoping to do the zip lines again. That is a blast.

Michael

Eureka backwards ride
9am
74 RIGHT to 302 RIGHT. (Look for Rock church sign) 1.3 miles
302 to 221 LEFT 6.7 miles (8 miles total)
221 to 62 RIGHT @ BERRYVILLE 10 miles (18 totals)
¼ mile to 21 RIGHT
21 South to 719 LEFT 11 miles (30 totals)
719 to 103 (scrap truck yard) RIGHT 2 miles (32 totals)
103 to 412 LEFT 3 miles (35 totals)
412/103 to 103 RIGHT @ OSAGE 3 miles (38 totals)
103 to 43 RIGHT 10 miles (49 totals)
43 to 74 LEFT @ PONCA 5 miles (55 totals)
74 to 7 @ JASPER 14 miles (70 total) GAS
11:00am

7 to 74 RIGHT
74 to 123 RIGHT (10 miles)
123 to 7 RIGHT 18 miles (29 totals)
7 to CLIFF HOUSE for LUNCH 18 miles (48 total) 12:00pm
7 to Jasper for GAS 8 miles about 1:30pm
7 South to 16 RIGHT (15 miles)
16/21 PAST GLORY HOLE 16 miles (31 totals)
16/21 @ FALLSVILLE RIGHT still 16/21 5 miles (36 total)
16 to 23 RIGHT 26 miles (62 totals)
23 North to HUNTSVILLE & GAS 20 miles (83 Total)
23 North to Edelweiss (30 miles)
4pm
230 miles TOTAL

Here is the route altho really would like someone else to lead.

Route seems ok, give or take having the Gen II's breathing fumes on that 83 mile stretch.

Maybe Ted would like to lead again? :biglaugh:

I'll be there Thursday evening. I'd like to ride out with ya'll to War Eagle Mill for breakfast if that's OK.

I'll be there Thursday evening. I'd like to ride out with ya'll to War Eagle Mill for breakfast if that's OK.

I'll phone the good folks down at the mill and see if'n they'll allow you to come with us....:biglaugh::rofl_200:

Of course, it'll be fine - providing anyone wants to go again this year, and most generally, there are some. Usually I have some quicky breakfast thingy microwaved before I even hit the parkinglot, but I went last year too. I think it's 27 miles each way....takes us about 14 minutes or so.:punk:...uh, I mean about 30 minutes. :whistlin:

If you are not here, you are missing a good time.
,1401481287621.jpg

1401481306283.jpg

1401481333349.jpg

1401481355901.jpg

We've got 26 bikes, and 29 people on this year's Friday ride.

Jim...the ride and the food are incredible.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Those were the few I managed to get with this tablet during the lunch chaos. I took some with my little digital, but don' t have the computing power to process and post them from home. I'll have to see what I can come up with after I return to work later this week.

Hopefully, others in attendance will share there photos as they get a chance too.

I have some well. I'll post those along with ones from my folks tomorrow

I was pretty bummed that I couldn't go I found out at the last min I had to work on Sat. I didn't have my bike yet I was going to drive down to meet you guys, being only a 7 hr drive wouldn't have been bad.

G

[FONT=&quot]Wow, what a weekend, what a great group of riders!!! We got back about 4:30 on Saturday, hwy 7 was wet south of Russellville to Hot Springs, no rain though. Not to worry, we stopped at Gulpha Gorge for but break and to remove rain gear under sunshine just to get drenched ¼ mile from the house. Really, the only time we rode in the rain. We only had two incidents on the return trip, I noticed Sam’s muffler doing its own little dance in Russellville, apparently that k1200s shakes it bolts loose like a Harley. Rob helped with situation by calming Sam’s frustrations, “ Sam, when the muffler falls off it’s going to get really loud, and sound just like a real motorcycle”. We were rolling on that one. Quick stop to Lowes and all is good. Did I mention the rain just before we got home? Pulling into the garage fully loaded, Edie on the back, wet tires, hard troweled concrete, my Victory decides to light up the back tire and power slide into the garage between the Gl1000, the boat, and the Gravely z rider. No problem on a 250 pound dirt bike, but 1200 pounds of humans and machine gets real heavy leaned over. Somehow I managed to keep it upright and all is good. Thanks to all for a great time, hope to see you at our place in September.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Barry and Edie Barker www.rememberwhencabins.com[/FONT]

I had an amazing time! I'd like to say thanks to everyone who was there for the fun and kindness. Big thanks to Jim and Shala for opening up their beautiful home to all of us. Also a big thanks to Mark and Michael for the ride guidance.

Thanks to Barry for helping me with that switch. Thanks to Sean and Michael for getting me a spare one.

It was great putting faces to the "handles" here on the forums.

I didn't take too many pics, but the ones I did, I've uploaded here:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=1198

I learned alot weekend. About the bikes, about the people, about how I need to pack for the next one!

Sincerely,
Antonio

Wow, I can't believe I ignored Jim's advice so long by not coming to this rally sooner! The compassion, friendliness and diversity of all the riders has re-invigorate....perhaps rekindled is a better word....my vmax hobby. It was sad that I had the bike out twice this year before Eureka. Thanks to Mike & Gigi for all their hard work. I think I've known them by email for close to 15 years and finally met them. Another shout goes to Jim "Jeffrey" and Shala for the wonderful ride leadership and for opening up their home to the group. The food was excellent and Jim's doghouse...er man cave kicked ass. Like Kronx said it was great putting faces to the names. It was great meeting Joe, Tom, Steve, Antonio, Rick, Ken, Darren, Barry, Bones, Mike/Gigi, Troy, The Joplin Bros (sorry, can't remember names), Mr '93, Doc and Rev Limiter Burn out Man and to all the others I've missed. Trauma, great to see and catch up with you. Sean, likewise as always. See y'all next year if not before.

Oh, since Jim told me an embarrassing story about him here's mine. When leaving to go up Saturday my rain pants split down the middle. Black pants...split down the middle with a cool breeze and green boxers on display ain't cool lol.

Ride safe all!

Always a great time guys/gals! This was the first year for me to get to the Friday lunch ride and it was well worth the leaving at 4:30 AM in the morning to get there in time!

Staci (my oldest daughter that went with me) and I only had one close call with a heavy dragging kickstand in one section. Found out the last usable section of road is that one that has the grass hanging over it! Kept it upright and got right back into position and back into business of having fun.

Thanks all!

Latest posts

Back