Finally - color on my skins

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfeagins

Reaction score
I've never been fond of a black m/c, and so, paint was high on my list of 'to do's' when I got this 09. I had trouble coming to a price agreement with any shop near Neosho, MO. Didn't want, or have, $800-1000 bucks to spend on three pieces of skin just because I don't like black. But while touring the Derby KS Guru's shop, and reminding myself what awesome paint job Sean Morley had done this past year on his bike, and finding out what his painter wanted for a nice job, I asked him to hook me up. The rest is history now. I chose a 1970's GM medium blue because that color ALWAYS catches my eye when I see it on the street on an older car or pickup.

Thank you Sean Morley. :worthy:

paint 1 (1)B.jpg
paint 1 (2)B.jpg
paint 1 (3)B.jpg
paint 1 (4)B.jpg

It's amasing how a color can change the look of a bike

Your max is looking great - I like that blue.

Mike

I love blue bikes. Mine will eventually be getting the paint job as well. That looks really really nice!

Turned out nice for the first gen 2 paint job we have done. Now ready for something with even more "Zing"! I was actually surprised at how well this one glimmers too!

Not sure what I want to do with the wheels yet. It looks good enough for now, but who knows what may happen in the future. I think chrome would be a bit much, but perhaps some silver/alum color on them similar to what DLCrays (Darren did to his) may be in order.

Now.......if only I can get the PCV figured out, to get me by until such time as I can get the ECU flashed.

Looks great with the blue, now your making me miss my el camino SS
I had.

For me, it was "Ole Blue", a 1974 GMC 1/2 ton long, wide bed truck with a 454 and auto trans. 13.92 quarter mile @ 106mph was the best I could do with that sweet old truck. I miss it occasionally too.

For me, it was "Ole Blue", a 1974 GMC 1/2 ton long, wide bed truck with a 454 and auto trans. 13.92 quarter mile @ 106mph was the best I could do with that sweet old truck. I miss it occasionally too.
I bet you don't miss putting gas in that 454 though! Blue looks good on the bike.:punk:

Better than black, that's for sure! Another Muscle Paint success story! Wonder what the 60's Mopar Muscle car colors would look like on a Gen 2. Plum Crazy anybody?

I bet you don't miss putting gas in that 454 though! Blue looks good on the bike.:punk:
It had twin 20 gal tanks too. Sure was fun when I first built it - to pull my boat to/from the lake. Never got stuck behind Grandma in her pinto in the curves again after converting it to the 454, that's for sure. I'd zip around Grandma dragging the boat and equipment just the same as we pass HD's with our Vmaxes now-a-days. The 454 actually got 1+ mpg better average pulling than the 350ci it replaced.

Looks great Jim. How about gold ducati-like rims?
I'll have to study on that one Mark. I think I prefer silver.

Better than black, that's for sure! Another Muscle Paint success story! Wonder what the 60's Mopar Muscle car colors would look like on a Gen 2. Plum Crazy anybody?

From a diehard GM fan, seeing these two words in the same sentence brings to mind the word "oxymoron" for some reason. Mopar made muscle cars? lol. :biglaugh:

Morley rocks for sure - but then, everyone already knows that.

J, I have an appreciation for all muscle, no matter who conceived it. I'm a 427 side oiler man myself but love a Yenko Camaro, 427 FI Vette, 440 six pack in a Superbird, 426 Hemi, a SuperCobraJet, or Boss motor, heck I ain't married to any one manufacturer.
I would hope everyone would appreciate any manufacturer's effort to give us real motors! Heck, even AMC tried!
Hey, can I pseudo hijack or just ad to your post?
Here are pics of my Muscle Paint so evidently the elves in the Morley paint shop have been busy. Color is Citrus Explosion from Carizzma Color line I think. Don't know any info on base colors or anything else so one would have to ask Sean. I didn't get a bottle of touch up paint with it but it probably cannot be touched up anyhow. Now I have to ask Custom Max to move over. Please ignore the palm tree shadows .
ujezabe4.jpg
uhedyba4.jpg
ugusetem.jpg
6a3esaza.jpg
sa2atuna.jpg

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

Last edited:
Mopar did me DIRT. So I have a bone to pick with them, and swore I'd never miss an opportunity to diss them as long as I lived. B'turds sold me a four cylinder lemon and literally bragged on how they gave me the shaft. Dealer didn't care. Corporate didn't care. They didn't care period. I wouldn't own another one if you gave it to me. How's that saying go........"I'd rather push a broken down Chevy, than be caught driving a Mopar...". nuff said.

That's some BRIGHT metalic paint. You're going to attract lots of attention with those on your Max.

Just recently heard of a local that bought a nearly new Ram from dealer only to find out it was a returned Lemon vehicle. State law says dealer did not have to disclose corporate practice. He has no recourse, dealer will not take it back, he cannot insure it for its value. How's that for Mopar quality and fair play!?
As far as the paint goes, attracting the attention is OK as long as I keep the shiny parts up.

Just recently heard of a local that bought a nearly new Ram from dealer only to find out it was a returned Lemon vehicle. State law says dealer did not have to disclose corporate practice. He has no recourse, dealer will not take it back, he cannot insure it for its value. How's that for Mopar quality and fair play!?
As far as the paint goes, attracting the attention is OK as long as I keep the shiny parts up.

...and as long as it isn't constantly attracting the PoPo.

IMO, Mopars are the easiest vehicles on the road to 'insure for their value'....cause that'd be ZERO. :rofl_200: [snicker, snicker, snarl, snarl]

Wow jfeagins!!!! I kept reading your title, knowing I was gonna have to read this thread. You've done what Yamaha has totally failed us on sept the 2010 Red,,,,
Color that lites the Gen II up.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Back