First time deep into the throttle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwystar1

Reaction score
WOW what a fun time I just had. I bought my max about a month ago and today I had my first real chance to run her a bit. I did some alley sliding and some roll on romps up to about 120 on I-75. Am I pleased with the results. I also had the pleasure of pissing off a vrod that caught me at the perfect rpm in 2 gear and I toasted him. I have always been a fan of the max but now I am hooked. It was worth the wait to get her all dialed in. Excuse me while I pick the bugs out of my smile................

Have a nice day
Hwystar1

Attachments

• storm stuff 095.jpg
    storm stuff 095.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 69
AWESOME!!

Except I read the last word in the title as throat. :rofl_200:

WOW what a fun time I just had. I bought my max about a month ago and today I had my first real chance to run her a bit. I did some alley sliding and some roll on romps up to about 120 on I-75. Am I pleased with the results. I also had the pleasure of pissing off a vrod that caught me at the perfect rpm in 2 gear and I toasted him. I have always been a fan of the max but now I am hooked. It was worth the wait to get her all dialed in. Excuse me while I pick the bugs out of my smile................

Have a nice day
Hwystar1
Are U picken on those poor V Rods all ready!! LOL:rofl_200:

V-rods don't stand a chance. Even with my venture drive they're falling into the mirrors right from the get go.

Between me having a stock motor and venture drive(taller gears, so it's slower for better MPG), and my buddy's M109 having the power commander and stock limiters defeated, he gets me right off the line since I can't hook up like his 260 rear tire can. Thru second gear I reel him back in, and by 70-80 I walk past him and I take it on top end also.

The boost never gets old. Gives the motor a lot of personality and just makes it fun to drive.

i " DUDE " I'M IN JUPITER AND MY BUDDY " FINETUNE " IS IN STEWART , WE WILL HAVE TO MEET UP SOON ! .. THERES ALSO A GUY " FIRE-MEDIC " JUST SOUTH OF YOU !

Glad your having fun with it. I get out that way once in a while. I been thinking abouty doing another tech day here in Oldasmar its a bit awy from yall but I would consider it again if people are up for it.

thanks all. i am just a cruiser at heart, sort of, i also have a vtx 1800. I think the vrod was in 3rd when we hit it and I left him in the dust. like he was standing still .........................

have a nice day
Hwystar1

Attachments

• storm stuff 077.jpg
    storm stuff 077.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
thanks all. i am just a cruiser at heart, sort of, i also have a vtx 1800. I think the vrod was in 3rd when we hit it and I left him in the dust. like he was standing still .........................

have a nice day
Hwystar1

It sounds like you're learning fast, how much fun a Vmax is. A second gear roll on? We're in our zone there Bro. Not a cruiser like it. imho
Steve

The vmax ends up just labeled as "cruiser" since it's not a sportbike, and to most people if it isn't an I4 covered in plastic, it's a "cruiser". Kind of like saying if it's not a sports car, then it's a truck.

To me it's kind of a hybrid...why I got it. Sportbike power and speed, with cruiser manners i.e it's easy to "live with" and ride everyday. Now they're called nakeds.

"Muscle Bike" does it for me. And once it's modded, "Hot Rod Bike" :punk:

The vmax ends up just labeled as "cruiser" since it's not a sportbike, and to most people if it isn't an I4 covered in plastic, it's a "cruiser". Kind of like saying if it's not a sports car, then it's a truck.

To me it's kind of a hybrid...why I got it. Sportbike power and speed, with cruiser manners i.e it's easy to "live with" and ride everyday. Now they're called nakeds.
Gordon, the owner of Razee's in RI, calls a Vmax a sport/cruiser. Good a definition as any.The best part of owning one is you can make it anything you want.

+1 muscle bike. please correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought that the pundit's at the time thought coined the term due to the Gen1's introduction. :confused2:

Glad your having fun with it. I get out that way once in a while. I been thinking abouty doing another tech day here in Oldasmar its a bit awy from yall but I would consider it again if people are up for it.

do it cap! with enough advanced notice, i can plan it in. i so don't want to miss the next one

Can't wait to crack the throttle on mine for the first time. It's winter up here in Canada. I've got months to go before that happens.

Love hearing these impressions. Keeps me excited for spring.

Loving this site

Someday I need to get my act together and roll down to Florida for a week or so to hang out with Grumpy, Kyle, and the rest of you hooligans!! Would probably lose my license, but we would have fun while it lasted:rofl_200: Toxic is just about in show shape so will have to post up some pics once I am all done and ready for the Super show!!!!

+1 muscle bike. please correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought that the pundit's at the time thought coined the term due to the Gen1's introduction. :confused2:

do it cap!with enough advanced notice, i can plan it in. i so don't want to miss the next one
I will keep it mind after Christmas when things settle down a bit.

Latest posts

Back