Front Brakes are grinding after new pad install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
I just installed new pads in front and completly bled and cleaned the calipers and rest of the system. It was freaking cruddy in there!

Anyways I installed the new pads and they seem to be scraping a little bit...It seems like the piston may be sticking and not going back far enough to let the pad not hit the rotor.

I cleaned the hell out of them and they definetly in better shape then when they were not clean...

Any ideas?

I just installed new pads in front and completly bled and cleaned the calipers and rest of the system. It was freaking cruddy in there!

Anyways I installed the new pads and they seem to be scraping a little bit...It seems like the piston may be sticking and not going back far enough to let the pad not hit the rotor.

I cleaned the hell out of them and they definetly in better shape then when they were not clean...

Any ideas?

Are they grinding or are they in contact with the rotor? The pads will be in light contact with the rotor so there is no delay in braking. Grinding isn't normal though.

Are you sure you don't have a pad installed backwards? Lube where the pads meet the pistons and lube the pad pins too.

Are they grinding or are they in contact with the rotor? The pads will be in light contact with the rotor so there is no delay in braking. Grinding isn't normal though.

Just light contact with the rotor. Will this go away with a little riding?

yes! You need to give them a little time to sit themselves in - typically the run-in period on new pads is about 100 miles, during which you 'should take it easy' on the brakes.

Just light contact with the rotor. Will this go away with a little riding?

Is it a squeal from vibration or a true grind felt at lower speeds?

My rears always grind since I started running HH sintered pads in back........

Organics don't do this, but they make a lot of dust and wear out faster...

My fronts have never made that noise and I have always run the HH sintered in front.

After assuring you have no metal to metal contact do what Mark says and it may help.......

Are you sure you don't have a pad installed backwards? Lube where the pads meet the pistons and lube the pad pins too.

One of the pads was indeed backwards. Thats what I get for rushing through it I suppose!:bang head:

No worries, did that just a few weeks ago when converting to different calipers. :)

Back