Handlebars...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a nice set of handle bars that retain the upright seated position but provide better low speed handling?

I have heard a slightly higher / wider set will improve the feel.

I know it's not "suspension" but it is directly related to the handling of the bike.
________
weed news

Last edited:
I have installed a set of pro-taper on mine,they are wider as well as pretty upright,maxcruiser also installed a set on his and he seems to like them as well.Hope this helps.:punk:

Cheap fix?

Adjust the stock bars up or down and re-set the brake and clutch levers to your liking. I have mine set as low as possible w/out touching the "tank". But my other bike is a sport bike ( an old, slow, but very black, ZX11:hippy biker: ).

I've got one style that is wider. Look at the handlebar thread in the muscle forum.
Sean

Have a set of Pro-taper motocross bars without the middle bar/pad - 32" across, about the same rise, but alot less pull back - they are exactly what I was looking for, complete opposite of the stock ones.

Mike

I run a Flanders 31" drag bar which give you a slight bias forward which keeps the front wheel weighted slightly and corrects the angle of my wrists for more comfort. Mine is powder coated black. I bought it from Gary McCoy for like 80 bucks. Not cheap but they are a beefy bar for sure.

Chris

i have a set of flanders i'd be willing to part with pretty cheap so if ur interested let me know, they're for sale in the buy/sell board if u wanted to see pics

I have the Renthal Off Road/MX bars with cross brace. Everything feels much more under control, and because they are straighter and slightly lower, they feel wider too. they sort of hold your elbows out a bit more than the stock bars.

I think it's RMS SportMax, that has a bar that is the same as stock but 2 inches wider. I had that on for about a year till I got used to handling the Max. Then I went with the SuperBike bar from Morley and LOVE It!

Back