Hello from Edinburgh, Scotland UK

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funmonkee

Reaction score
Registered last September; Thought it about time I said Hi...

I currently ride a 99 Carbon max. I got a silk black body kit on it just now, Deget rear wheel, R1 front calipers and frame brace...and a few other mods...

It used to look like this....but I've changed it again...

IMG_0347.jpg

Will get an up to date picture soon. The 99 is my second max... my first was a lovely silver 97,,,, but I blew the engine on that :(

...I also ride a 99 Hayabusa, a 93 YZF750R and and MZ Baghira.

Welcome to the forum!
Nice looking ride you have there. Definitely a lot of mods goin on with it.

Sounds like you have a nice collection of toys too.

Welcome! Great lookin' bike m8 - I could never afford one in the Great British Ripoff but got myself a good one now over here :biglaugh::eusa_dance:

Back in ol'Blighty in Feb - not lookin' forward to the shite weather tho..

I bet u're freezin' yer butt in Scotland too tho :rofl_200: and I love the weather here in Florida but I tell ya - ALL the roads are straight! No bends no round abouts nowt zilch nada - just straight lines going N/S and E/W, with 90 degrees turns at junctions. Good for a Vmax I guess LOL

hey paul!

i have to say Paul, aka funmonkee, has been a pleasure to talk to. we've shot the shit for a bit after i ordered knee guards from him after seeing jim's. Jim ordered the same ones from paul and agreed with me in nothing but a top notch seller. I know paul has them listed in the buy/sell area if anyone is interested. I'll let Jim comment further as well!

welcome and stick around paul!

Welcome to the site Paul! I see you have made some friends here already, good deal!
I may have to sign up to vmaxchat, and if I can pry myself away from World of Warcraft sometime soon, I'll do just that.:punk:

Last edited:
Thanks dudes. This is a great site; lots going on.

I love the standard look of the Vmax,,, but always trying new things. The mods that have stuck so far have been the performance mods...

Progressive springs in the standard forks...plus thicker oil to give a more solid feelin at the front

Frame brace...it really does make the bike feel more rigid

17inch rear wheel.... well I know from first hand that the standard can be troublesome :(

R1 front calipers... when you need to stop, these are the business

All the best

' WELCOME FUNMONKEE " MAN THATS A STRANGE COINCIDENCE , MY WIFE HAS ONE OF THOSE ! A " FUN MONKEY " " LOL "...:biglaugh::rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:...........BUT IT DOESN'T TALK !:rofl_200: PS. NICE BIKE !..:punk:

' WELCOME FUNMONKEE " MAN THATS A STRANGE COINCIDENCE , MY WIFE HAS ONE OF THOSE ! A " FUN MONKEY " " LOL "...:biglaugh::rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:...........BUT IT DOESN'T TALK !:rofl_200: PS. NICE BIKE !..:punk:

Holy Shit CR, Your fookin killing me, I cant stop laughing:clapping::clapping:
That's a Classic, Maybe your new Signature....hehehehehe:rofl_200:

AND OH YEAH , I'VE WON A " MOD MONKEY " ! :rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:HE DOESN'T TALK EITHER !...:rofl_200:

Back