high milage on 2005

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdelong

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2005 max with 42000 miles. Bike is extremely clean and appears well maintained. Should I be concerned with this high milage. Adult owned, original owner, clean as I've seen

There are no issues that i know that are "mileage" issues. As usual check out 2nd gear, etc....

I have 63000 on my 2003 and feel like it's just broken in. If the price is right and have records of maintenance, go for it. I've always felt that it's better to put miles on a bike then to let it sit. Same for any vehicle.

+1. About the same mileage as my 03.
There are a few owners on this site that claim the higher mileage bikes show better horsepower than new bikes, when dyno'ed.
Cheers, welcome to the Forum!

130,000 miles on my '85. Never been inside the motor farther than a stator change and a clutch job.

Because most of high rev little displacement engines don't last as long as their big brothers car ones ;)
Torquey engines like Vmax or HD are another story, but a little % of motorcycle engines..

I have just shy of 42,00 on mine, still runs awesome, if everything checks out and your happy with the price I wouldn't hesitate!...............Tom.

The first major service isn't due until 25 k. Valve clearance check I'm talking. So 42 k? No worries.
56 k on mine and it runs better than id did when I bought it with 12 k on it. My bike was never ridden much and I dealt with a sticky ring in one cylinder for a while. They get proper oil pressure and volume, don't run too hot, and they'll run for a long time.
Steve-o

Because most of high rev little displacement engines don't last as long as their big brothers car ones ;)
Torquey engines like Vmax or HD are another story, but a little % of motorcycle engines..

I have had numerous different brand bikes with 90- 100,000 on them that still ran like new but they were taken care of.

That's the point. Take care of a liquid-cooled engine, and you're gonna get sick of looking at it before it wears out. My Road Star just clicked 70,000 miles, and it is just as slow as it ever was...

Vmax's, I'm always hearing stories of bikes that are well over 100,000 miles. it's all about care. bikes that are continuously trashed with no maintenance will be junk. With reasonable care and riding style Vmax's run almost forever. Sitting and not being ridden will destroy them sooner.

I have a 94 Honda Pacific coast sitting here with 45,000 miles on it I have been trying to sell & people keep going that is a lot of miles. I have seen a number of them with over a 100,000 on them to. I know this one still runs like brand new.

Latest posts

Back