homebuilt madness

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Why does this have a drum brake? Madness!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/only-five-cylinder-H-1-entire-world-/260843971979?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item3cbb83258b
$(KGrHqN,!hcE47bjzBzQBOWtm1wQwQ~~60_3.JPG

The attention to detail and craftsmanship is way out there!, what a cool machine, I've owned a few 2 stroke triples in the past so I have a soft spot for them...........................Tom.

Wow, I don't know that I'd like to ride it. But,,, I wouldn't mind too bad getting smoked by it.... Unbelievable.....

cool ride, i bet cause its cheaper and lighter to have drums then disks.

That looks like the parking lot in front of the Barber Museum during Vintage Motorcycle Week there. I've seen several Kaw triples modified with extra cylinders and a Kaw V-8 (two in-line fours combined) at that event. Highly recommended as a destination if you haven't been. I've been twice and the museum is awesome as is the Vintage M/C event. :clapping:

Yep, this popped up on the kneeslider a bit ago....

Here's a video of one running...what a strange sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3HoZHk2yNY

To me it sounded like a big two-stroke. I guess if you had a triple H1 next to it & then started the 5 cyl you could tell there were more power strokes, but to me, they sound pretty-much the same. I liked very much my '71 H1, when you turned-on the ign key, the bike 'sang' to you. Who recalls that? One of the very first transistorized ignitions. A buddy had a brand-new 1000 cc Sportster, 1st yr of the liter displacement, and my bike would leave him for dead in any gear. It wasn't a good bike to evade & avoid on because the smoke trail led 'em right to you! When 'caning it,' the contrail looked a bit like the Smoke Monster from Lost.

i live in upstate ny within an hour and a half's drive to fast by gast.
he is the man when it comes to the H2's.
i must admit i love my old kawasaki's, the kz 's. but if ever given a chance i would stronglly suggest anyone would take one for a spin.
they are wild untamed beasts. they are nicknamed the widowmaker for a reason.
the front tire likes to be airborne more then it likes asphalt.
the powerband is insane, the sound is like no other, the lack of proper brakes will scare the shit out of you and you will never forget it. hell of a ride!

one of my friends here used to drag one and he tells me i'm crazy for riding on the street because of cagers.
he let me go on his before and i swear to god i thought i was going to bend the wheelie bars on launch.
there just insane bikes and i want one just to say i owned one.

Back