How long have you been riding....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started risinga Honda aero 50 scooter my dad registered for me so I could drive to work. My first street bike was a 1985 Honda interceptor 750 I was 16 yo and got my license at 16 and a half. Been addictived to motorcycles for 21 years. I'm 37 years young now ;)

Riding 40+ calendar years.....30+ legally.....a 15 year hiatus in that 30.....back in the saddle since 2001.
First bike a Harley davidson 65cc......first bike for road ridding while under age....Suzuki 185....would go on half day rides with responsible adults....including dad.....first bike with a license 79 gs1000 with a ATP turbo kit.....same bike featured in cycle world that j Gleason took into the 9's.....3 accident....3 bikes.....in 4 years.....none my fault....Florida was bad in the old days....out of commission for 2 years, started the 15 year hiatus.
Sold my 500r and Got my '85 in 2005 because I had too.......picked up my fz1 in '09 for my yearly trips up to the dragon......'83 xj550 with a velorex hack to tool around in.

Gush!:eusa_dance:
Seeing the 70ees that much make`s me feel younger:biglaugh:

First bike; Kawasaki H1-1971 in the 1973, blow up engine in 1975 so i put on a H2 engine on my H1 frame,,,,,,,,,,,,simply creazy
That`s where the mod-monkey came in my stomac as the alien:rofl_200:

I`ve got pics, will find it and com back:punk:

1966 Honda 305 scrambler. Rode that bike to San Francisco to the summer of love. Man is that town cold in the summer.

52 years yesterday legaly. Owned 26 bikes mostly Pre Unit Triumphs, and Honda`s.
Today 99 V-Max.

started on a KE100 at 12 years old, got my bike licience before my car licience and drove a bike the first two winters(xl 350) been riding 34 of my 46 years. I even owned a HD in that time!

Since 1982. First bike was a 3hp mini bike that I started cruising around when I was 9. After that about 12 dirt bikes. First street bike was a Kawasaki gpz750. I've been drag racing bikes for quite a few years now. Just sold an 89 gsxr 1100 with ALL the fixins and nitrous. Bike ran 9.00 like a swiss watch. I pretty much just bracket race my max now. I'd like to find another max one day just to do a full blown drag bike with. Gotta go water the money tree outside :biglaugh:

I've been riding 46 years. I'm on number 38 as far as number of bikes owned. Actually, My Dad stuck me on his Indian for the first time 57 years ago... I couldn't reach anything or I would have ridden then.:rofl_200:

:ummm:

I forget!!

First license in "64 and then two wheels as much as I could. So 47 years or so. The ZX-11 was the fastest I've owned but the Max has more soul.

Lew

Not counting the Puch moped I acquired and lost in a shady deal involving a shop lifted video game console for Montgomery Ward, my first bike I bought was 1964 Norton I bought with student loan money in 1994 ( And, yes, I did eventually graduate, LOL )

I've been riding every since I got a Honda 50 at age 6.
So, that makes almost 40 years now.
I've been riding on the Road since age 14.
My older Brother let me ride his Honda 350 and I just carried his license with me, they didn't have pictures on them back them.
The local Police know I wasn't legal but since I only rode to work and school they looked the other way.
I became Officially legal 2 years later with a Yamaha 400 Maxim.

Last edited:
I bought my first bike in 1972; a brand new Honda 450.
Learned how to ride it in the dealership parking lot.

Quickly learned 3 things:
Don't try to keep up with more experienced riders, don't do wheel stands, and if you drop the bike; let go of the damn handle bars!

Jester 42

Rode my friends mini bike in 1970 when i was 9, got one of my own a few years later, bought a 68 Honda 125 twin street bike in 75 with lawn care money and pounded the heck out of it with my brother in the woods and trails, my first legal street bike was a 72 Honda CB350 in 82, and have been on two wheels of one make or another since............................Tom.

1958. I was 14.

Bike was a 1948 Harley Hummer 125cc 2-stroke. Formerly a DKW from Germany. Part of the War Reparations Act. BSA got the same bike and called it a Bantam. Both companies needed a starter bike at the time.

Traded even for an almost new Schwinn "English Racer" 3-speed bike that I got the previous Christmas. One of the first bicycles with the skinny tires and down turned handlebars. Really pissed my Mom off. That bike cost $50 in 1957. Over $400 in todays money. We were fairly poor and my parents scraped up the money for that bike...

First Japanese bike was a new 1966 Yamaha 250 cc Big Bear in 1966.

10 years for me. Bought a 2000 Sprint RS brand new in 2002. It was an awesome deal. Walked in to look at a 600TT, left with a 955 Sprint RS. Sold the RS in 2007 to clear up some bill and buy a house. Found my 07 Vmax in early 08.

Back