How long have you been riding....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
I guess the wish list for the bike, the comment about riding at age 59 again, made me think.

How long have you been riding?

And what did you learn or start riding with?

Me....

1977 Yamaha IT 175 was my first real bike. I rode it around town and around the trails.

My first real street bike was a 1982 Honda Magna V45. But I had my Honda CB450 before that, but didn't ride it much. The Magna I rode more.

I ve been riding for around 20 years, off and on. My last hiatus was around 2 years off a bike completely.

The last street bikes I had where a 1992 GSXR 750 that was mildly modified and a 1986 Vmax with Walker exhaust , stage 7 carbs.

The Vmax and GSXR were sold to fund a machine in my shop. Now the machine bought me a Vmax back!

I liked the Gixxer, it was light and had good power. I wanted to make it a 7-11 bike though. Just never did it.

I wouldn't mind having a 1100 GSXR though. Around the same vintage.

Todd

Bout 6 months, bought a 1984 Honda VF700S to learn on, had it about a month and a half to 2 months before I got my VMax

Been ridin since 1964.Here I am in 1967 with no gear at all.Crazy kid!!:rofl_200:

Attachments

• 519 x Short track & TT-1966.jpeg
    519 x Short track & TT-1966.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Me  1967.jpeg
    Me 1967.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 41
30 yrs....my 1st bike was a 78 yammie sr500 thumper.

Rode my first mini bike at 9 from there it's history . My first street bike was a cb900c way to many bikes over the years to list .

Forty-five years, began on a C110 Honda my closest-in-age brother bought as a high school senior. My first bike was a '67 305 Scrambler I learned to dirt ride on. Sold it to buy my first & only new bike, my first Yamaha, a 360 Enduro that lasted awhile as a street & dirt bike before I stripped it down to a dirtbike-only, in five months. I still have it & a couple other of the same vintage as spares. After that my first street-only bike was a Kawi Mach III, then a Honda 750-4, numerous KZ fours and a '87 FZR 1000 I got a year old as a purchase from a friend & still ride occasionally. My oldest is a '67 Superhawk w/11K miles. My rarest is a Rickman-Honda 750-4. Currently have 8 bikes.

32 years
First bike was a kawasaki 350 2stroke samurai.
Bought it on my 18th birthday and wrecked it the same day :p

Lot of old bike geezers here o_O

1975, I bought a 1974 DT250 for around $475, earned by running a small 2 pump full service gas station (gas only but we pumped gas, checked oil, washed windows and tire pressures) It was brand new off the showroom floor and I would walk the 2 miles out to the dealer everytime we went to Sault Ste Marie, MI. just to drool. I was 16 and got my cycle endorsement the same day I picked up the bike, those were the days! :punk:

Last edited:
First street bike I rode was my mom's 79 Maxim 650. That was in 1985. Got my bike license before my car license actually (though the car quickly followed). First bike I bought with my own money was a 1983 Yamaha 650 Seca Turbo. Still have it!

Sean

1975, I bought a 1974 DT250 for around $475, it was brand new off the showroom floor. I was 16 and got my cycle endorsement the same day I picked up the bike, those were the days! :punk:
Don't we all wish we could pay them prices today and also I think many of us wish we still had our first bikes I'm sure many on here still do .

Since 1969(43 years).It was a 1968 Honda SS 125 that my dad actually bought for himself but after running it into a ditch a few times from drinking too much my brother and I inherited it and rode that thing everywhere. Man what fun and memories!:punk:
Mike

Started in 76 on 50cc sized trail bike. Soon a Suzuki TS 125 and got my Driver's license suspended before I even got it while riding a buddy home on it at midnight, no license plate or tail light. Then the Triumph T120 I did a full custom build hardtail on. It's in my High School yearbook! And first new bike was the 86 Max.

10 years ago i got my license so i could buy a vmax. What a first bike hein? Still have it and will keep it... 2 years ago i got another and im fine now...

Since 1965, was 12 years old. Drive around town without a license for a couple years. My older brother bought this old Cushman, a 1958 Cushman Model 721 Highander for me for $50. Having the scooter really opened up the other half of town for me. Previously had to ride a bicycle to Main street.

I am 59 now, so you could say my bike affair has been on and off for 47 years now. Went for a long time without. Ended with the Vmax purchase. Man, it took a while to regenerate bike skills, especially with the vmax.

Had to retake written and driving test to get the M endorsement. I suggest everyone that is like me to take it slow and easy at first, build on skills, know your limitations.

Now I am getting comforable, really enjoying.

Attachments

• Cushman Model 721 1958 Highander.jpg
    Cushman Model 721 1958 Highander.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
First ride on the street was in 1968 on a Sears scooter, I was 14 then. A few years later a 650 Bonniville, sweet bike. It was another 20 years before I owned an electric start bike.
Steve-o

The first motorcycle I rode was a Honda 305 Dream a friend of mine had and was about 1960 before that I rode Cushman scooters my friends had. My first bike was a 1968 Honda 450

Latest posts

Back