I freaking hate eBay somtimes.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
Well, it looks like I've been had and in the process of getting my money back.

On the 12th I won an auction for a braced and double notched swingarm.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300239301245&rd=1

If the link don't work do a search for item number: 300239301245

I payed instantly, and was told the swingarm would be shipped by the following monday. Well, after a week went by no swingarm. I contacted the guy and he said he works two jobs and sent the swingarm and it came back due to wrong address. No biggie, I've worked two jobs before and I've had have sent a few things to the wrong address. So I figure no problem.

Then I get a email stating that he would send it again on monday (the 21st.) Guess what? yup, nothing. Now he's not answering my emails or anything, so now I have a paypal dispute open and I opened a dispute with American Express (I've had nothing but good on getting my cach back from them).

I don't even want the swingarm anymore. I took my bike apart waiting for the damn thing even told the dude he could have my old swingarm FREE just pay for shipping.

Chad Fisher, your day is coming.

Screw the 200 tire, 170 is good enough. Sean, when I get my money back I'm sendin it to you for my new seat.

Well, it looks like I've been had and in the process of getting my money back.

On the 12th I won an auction for a braced and double notched swingarm.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=300239301245&rd=1

I payed instantly, and was told the swingarm would be shipped by the following monday. Well, after a week went by no swingarm. I contacted the guy and he said he works two jobs and sent the swingarm and it came back due to wrong address. No biggie, I've worked two jobs before and I've had have sent a few things to the wrong address. So I figure no problem.

Then I get a email stating that he would send it again on monday (the 21st.) Guess what? yup, nothing. Now he's not answering my emails or anything, so now I have a paypal dispute open and I opened a dispute with American Express (I've had nothing but good on getting my cach back from them).

I don't even want the swingarm anymore. I took my bike apart waiting for the damn thing even told the dude he could have my old swingarm FREE just pay for shipping.

Chad Fisher, your day is coming.

That's a shame, man. The eBay system is a faith based system, and we all know there's a goodly number of shitheads out there. It's inevitable that we'll run across one now and again.
I know, that doesn't help any, but like you said, "Chad Fisher, your day is coming!" (That's an easy name to remember, don't cha think?)

dan

I think we all need to help here...

Where does the guy live? Maybe one of us needs to pay him a visit? I am sure someone from here is close to the piece of chit conning bastard!

That sucks donkey!!!

I'm sure paypal will resolve the issue for you. I bet once he reads the dispute notice, the part is in the mail ASAP.

Tom is on vacation at COO, but, if you told him your problem and told him NEIL sent you, I'm sure he would come close to that price on a new one.

I have the COO double notched swingarm and have some interesting input on why it was made for a short time.

There is a certain person that sells wheels on ebay that have a bad offset to the right. One of COO's customers had this wheel and told Tom that a 200 would not fit on his swingarm with the normal notch. Tom started making a double notch to solve the problem for this wheel, and has since stopped doing it. All the previous swingarms he made had no trouble running a 200 tire with a single notch, until these wheels started hitting the market.

If you have a normal offset on your rear wheel, the double notch is not needed to clear a 200 series tire.

Neil

KJ, I feel your pain. I am an Ebay regular and have seen this guy selling lots of Max stuff. Maybe he is having one of those deals where evertything goes wrong but still, that is no excuse for for no communication. I had two bad V Max deals. Scott Canterman from New Egypt NJ sold me two fenders and only sent one, the front. There is no way in hell there could have been a "Misunderstanding" as the P.O.S. claims. Deal done through VMOA site. Second was a Ebay rear wheel from "Timstoys". Tim sent me a trashed wheel after I asked if it was damaged in any way. He said there was one scratch. Yeah right. Secondly I PayPaled instantly and after ten days, I emailed asking where the wheel was. "On the way" of course. It was mailed the next day, and he got it back in five days the same box he sent to me with the address he put on the box. Claims he never got it back! Yeah right. UPS has the signature confirmation. Paypal did take care of this by debiting his account somehow but be prepared to wait months! Everyone else has been tops!

This is all good stuff,...soo many times i"ve wanted to buy off Ebay ,,but too chicken ,..never had good luck buying stuff site unseen .
This kind of feed back is a bonus as it will eventually limit their buyers.
Trust is a rare commodity these days ,...it's nice to know there is still peeps watching out for one another.
:thumbs up:

Might not be a bad idea to create a list of those that have wronged the maxers: ie , individual sellers, vendors.
Post it some were members only can access it for reference.
Give them a star rating 1-5,...1 being forgivable ,...5 being heinous, and shoot on site.

Might not be a bad idea to create a list of those that have wronged the maxers: ie , individual sellers, vendors.
Post it some were members only can access it for reference.
Give them a star rating 1-5,...1 being forgivable ,...5 being heinous, and shoot on site.

I like RazoR's idea - I second it

Good way to let other's who to stay away from on ebay.

KJ, sorry to hear what happened to a good guy like you - just not right

Mike

I like RazoR's idea - I second it

Good way to let other's who to stay away from on ebay.

KJ, sorry to hear what happened to a good guy like you - just not right

Mike

I third this great idea. I am a fairly new v max owner and am looking at a lot of mods and it would be nice to know who may be out there trying to con people. of course i am gonna run everything i do by this site anyways.

Here is an update:

As of a few days after leaving negative feedback and opening a dispute, and telling him I didn't want the swingarm but my money back instead, I get email from the guy.

He says he was laid up after having dental surgery, and he said his girlfriend didn't mail the swingarm. I recieved a paypal notification that the swingarm has been sent on the 29th.

Here is an update:

As of a few days after leaving negative feedback and opening a dispute, and telling him I didn't want the swingarm but my money back instead, I get email from the guy.

He says he was laid up after having dental surgery, and he said his girlfriend didn't mail the swingarm. I recieved a paypal notification that the swingarm has been sent on the 29th.

Ah Jeez!! I hate those situations. What d'ya do now, figure the guy's smoozing ya' and he's still an asshole, or give him the benefit and feel bad about the whole thing??

That's a tough one! :ummm:
Well, tooth man could have avoided it but chose not to, I guess. Not your doing, that's for sure!!

dan

He says he was laid up after having dental surgery, and he said his girlfriend didn't mail the swingarm

Well I assume he could.... still drive his car? Brush his hair? Put his clothes on?
Wipe his a$$? Put the garbage out?
But his GF couldn't mail the swingarm ehhh?
What a complete load of bollocks

Well I assume he could.... still drive his car? Brush his hair? Put his clothes on?
Wipe his a$$? Put the garbage out?
But his GF couldn't mail the swingarm ehhh?
What a complete load of bollocks

I agree with all this plus how long was it between you paying and him going into surgery???
What a dork
Cheers

I agree with all this plus how long was it between you paying and him going into surgery???
What a dork
Cheers

Payment was instant. within 2 min after auction close. I was getting the first I'm sorry and will mail it on monday a week after the payment and auctions end.

i think we all need to help here...

Where does the guy live? Maybe one of us needs to pay him a visit? I am sure someone from here is close to the piece of chit conning bastard!
thats why i'm not big on the phone , i'm more of a face to face kind of guy !

Latest posts

Back