I raced a Texas State Trooper today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a113ycat

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA!!! I got pulled over by this trooper on IH35 he didn't have his lights on or anything but was just signalling me over. When he got out of his car he asked me how fast I have gone on my bike. Well far be it from me to lie to the police so I told him 145mph and that I backed off at that point cause I was still getting used to the bike. He was driving the V-8 Dodge and asked me to do a speed test with him. I of course was speculative at the idea but he assured me that I wouldn't get pulled over by any other officers and he wouldn't ticket me....We ll:punk: Hell yeah I did it.
We went to a back road area and got a rolling start. At 55 I dropped it and lost him. He caught up and we repeated it at 75 I lost him... He suggested that we get to 100mph and start from there rolling and go....Well of course I dropped to 4th and he tried but there was no catching me. I stopped at the next intersection and when he got there he said that he had made up his mind, he is going to buy the new V-MAX

I guess the proof is at 100+ MPH

I got in a play chase/race with one of those Hemi Chargers a couple of years ago on I-10 in Houston and I lost my nerve at 140, he was still walking, not running, away from me.

I originally blew by him at about 100, then saw him approaching in my rear view and nailed it and we were doing about 130 by the time he caught up and passed me. At 140 I chickened out.

I have no idea what the top speed on that thing is but I'm pretty sure it's well over 145. I was impressed in any case.

From a lower speed in an acceleration contest of course it would be a completely different story...

a113ycat,
I am soooo envious of you :worthy: THAT is sooo sweet ! To speed cruise on a V-Max .... with a State Trooper ... and NO ticket !!! WOW.
I hope when this trooper gets his V-Max, that he joins this forum !

HAHAHAHA!!! I got pulled over by this trooper on IH35 he didn't have his lights on or anything but was just signalling me over. When he got out of his car he asked me how fast I have gone on my bike. Well far be it from me to lie to the police so I told him 145mph and that I backed off at that point cause I was still getting used to the bike. He was driving the V-8 Dodge and asked me to do a speed test with him. I of course was speculative at the idea but he assured me that I wouldn't get pulled over by any other officers and he wouldn't ticket me....We ll:punk: Hell yeah I did it.
We went to a back road area and got a rolling start. At 55 I dropped it and lost him. He caught up and we repeated it at 75 I lost him... He suggested that we get to 100mph and start from there rolling and go....Well of course I dropped to 4th and he tried but there was no catching me. I stopped at the next intersection and when he got there he said that he had made up his mind, he is going to buy the new V-MAX

I guess the proof is at 100+ MPH

How many did you have last night :biglaugh:....it was probably the mushrooms.....ohhhh...the mushrooms...........that sounds like an awesome dream-sequence....:worthy::worthy::worthy:

i dunno.....whenever I'm talking with the police on the side of the road it's never good for me.......lol.....

XjXdm.jpeg

a113ycat,
I am soooo envious of you :worthy: THAT is sooo sweet ! To speed cruise on a V-Max .... with a State Trooper ... and NO ticket !!! WOW.
I hope when this trooper gets his V-Max, that he joins this forum !
I did tell him about the forum and that when/if he picked one up that htis was the ONLY place to join for support and help as well as a place to meet some great people.

The Vega V8 is a poor man's Monza V8. Did you have to undo the motor mounts to change plugs? I didn't have a Monza V8. I had a girlfriend who had one. I did have two Mustang GT's and liked them for what they were. I've had Trans-Am's, Z-28's, & the GT's, out of all of them I liked the GT's the best. They were the most fun to drive. The one that got the most looks was a '77 6.6 litre T-A, it was a WS-6 package w/the gold trim, maybe you saw the movie about it? Driven by a former FSU football player who has a place in Palm Beach Co. not too-far from where 'Coprunner' squats these days...I sold the car, but I have a spare set of Hurst T-Hatches for it. I just checked on ebay motors to see what they go for, they are in the original Hurst bag. I should be able to get some good coin for them.

I raced one years ago when they first started driving the Mustangs & I had my Vega with a 355 in it. I smoked that poor Mustang GT

The Vega V8 is a poor man's Monza V8. Did you have to undo the motor mounts to change plugs? I didn't have a Monza V8. I had a girlfriend who had one. I did have two Mustang GT's and liked them for what they were. I've had Trans-Am's, Z-28's, & the GT's, out of all of them I liked the GT's the best. They were the most fun to drive. The one that got the most looks was a '77 6.6 litre T-A, it was a WS-6 package w/the gold trim, maybe you saw the movie about it? Driven by a former FSU football player who has a place in Palm Beach Co. not too-far from where 'Coprunner' squats these days...I sold the car, but I have a spare set of Hurst T-Hatches for it. I just checked on ebay motors to see what they go for, they are in the original Hurst bag. I should be able to get some good coin for them.
My brother had the Monza V8 it was a pain to change plugs on . The Vega plugs were not to bad to get to the starter was a pain in the ass to change. I had 2 V8 Vegas & had fun in them both then I switched to a CHevy Luv with a 350 in it. I liked it much better.

Kyle, did you do the swaps or did you buy them that way? The LUV was contemporary with the Ford Courier, I think, and didn't Mazda make their version of the Courier? There was a guy down here in Ft. Laud. who put an RX-2 rotary into his Courier, and he beat a lot of unsuspecting drivers w/it. Hard to conceal that exhaust note, though!

My brother had the Monza V8 it was a pain to change plugs on . The Vega plugs were not to bad to get to the starter was a pain in the ass to change. I had 2 V8 Vegas & had fun in them both then I switched to a CHevy Luv with a 350 in it. I liked it much better.

Kyle, did you do the swaps or did you buy them that way? The LUV was contemporary with the Ford Courier, I think, and didn't Mazda make their version of the Courier? There was a guy down here in Ft. Laud. who put an RX-2 rotary into his Courier, and he beat a lot of unsuspecting drivers w/it. Hard to conceal that exhaust note, though!
I bought 1 with the Vega with the V8 & done the second one myself. I bought the Luv with out an engine but it had previously had a V8 in it.

One of my friends here has a Gen 3 IROC w/a 454 but he never drives it. Sure sounds like what it is!

My old 68 Charger R/T ran some high digits on the open road, way back in the day. I can't imagine the state police cars now. Mustangs ? Not confident on loosing one,if he's on the side of me. If he's stopped I'd prolly give it a go in the right situation.
The police in N.J. arer still on the look out for a Vmax. All they know is they saw spikes all over the place? That bike has now been spotted in Florida.
Some cops will humanize with you, and that is very cool. Beware of the cop whose daughter blew town yesterday on the back of a VMAX though!
Steve-o

If a Vega had a V8 or an IROC had a 454 they were done by enthusiasts. GM never sold them that way. Nor the Luv. The Monza sat on the same platform as a Vega and could be had with a V8.

The early Chevy Luv from 72 to the early 80's was purely a rebadged Isuzu. The later S10's from the early 80's on have been varying parts content with both GM and Isuzu parts, and was also available badged as an Isuzu as well for a while.

Ford and Mazda have a similair relationship with the variation of the ranger, B series and courier pickups. There was an early Mazda in the 70's that came from the dealer with a rotary engine as well. The latest Mazda pickups are pure ford rebadged as Mazda.

I can't remember last time I saw a Monza, probably back around '80, they probably all rotted out just like the Vega's, GM didn't have their shit together on the corrosion thing back then. They were an awesome hot rod platform in the hatchback configuration, the notch backs and rag tops were ugly as hell tho in my opinion.

I dunno. State troopers hanging here at the forum might not be a good thing. That's why I tell people they need a disclaimer at the bottom of any good "stories" they may tell about the speed of their riding.

The only times I ever raced with State Troopers, I didn't take much time to talk with them. In fact, I usually made sure they didn't get close enough for a tag number either.

Disclaimer: Of course any similarity of any actual circumstance to any part of this posting is just a coincidence and does not, in any way, describe any real circumstance that may, or may not, have actually occured at any time in my life, real or imaginary.

Disclaimer: Of course any similarity of any actual circumstance to any part of this posting is just a coincidence and does not, in any way, describe any real circumstance that may, or may not, have actually occured at any time in my life, real or imaginary.

Laughing%20monkey.gif

My dad used to take me up to the the drag strip a couple times each year back in the late 80's/ early 90's. There were two vega's that ran up at Keystone. One time we also saw a chevette with 454 painted on the side of it. I believe the driver was sitting in the back seat, LOL.

Latest posts

Back