i " YOU NEVER KNOW " FOLLOW-UP

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
i HERE'S THE STORY , ............. , WENT TO BED WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND WAS FINE , WOKE UP THURSDAY MORNING WITH A STOMACH PAIN , NOT REAL BAD BUT UNUSUAL . I NEVER CALL IN SICK BUT MY STOMACH WAS BURNING A LITTLE , SO I CALLED IN & SAID I'M JUST WAITING FOR SOMETHING TO COME OUT OF ONE END OR THE OTHER , THEN I WOULD BE IN ! .... WE LAUGHED AND HUNG-UP . .... 1.5 - 2 HOURS LATER MY STOMACH FELT LIKE I HAD BATTERY ACID IN IT AND A FOOTBALL TEAM HAD PUNCHED ME IN THE STOMACH FOR AN HOUR ! .... SO BY NOW I COULD HARDLY WALK AND WAS SWEATING AND SHAKING ! ... I KNEW I HAD TO MAKE A DECISION , SO I DROVE MY CAR TO JUPITER URGENT CARE , ( MISTAKE ) , I GO INSIDE TELL THEM I'M HAVING SEVERE STOMACH PAIN ! ... THEY TOLD ME TO HAVE A SEAT . ... I COULD NOT EVEN SIT DOWN , AT THIS POINT I COULD ONLY TAKE ONE KNEE AND WAS WET AND SHAKING BADLY , 15 MINUTES LATER I SAID TO THEM I NEED HELP ! .. I'M IN TROUBLE HERE ! .... THEY BRING ME INTO A ROOM , NOW I WAIT AT LEAST ANOTHER 15 - 20 MINUTES FOR THE DOCTOR , BY THIS TIME I STARTED DRY-HEAVING BADLY , SHE COMES IN , I'M ON ALL 4'S , I TELL HER EVERYTHING , SHE ORDERS A SHOT FOR MY THROWING UP , AND A LITTLE CUP OF LIQUID FOR MY STOMACH PAIN ! .... WELL I COULDN'T KEEP THAT DOWN , I STILL COULDN'T STAND UP , SO SHE SAYS ; " I WILL PHONE IN 2 PERSCRIPTIONS FOR YOU , PICK THEM UP ON YOUR WAY HOME AND THEN GIVE IT A COUPLE OF HOURS AND IF YOU DON'T FEEL ANY BETTER DRIVE YOURSELF TO THE HOSPITAL " . .... I SAID " I CAN'T DRIVE NOW , I NEED AN AMBULANCE , SOMETHING IS WRONG ! ! ! ... SHE SAY'S , YOU WANT ME TO CALL YOU AN AMBULANCE , I SAID YEA ! ! ! ... I NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL NOW ! ! ! ... SHE WALKS OUT OF THE ROOM AND I HEAR HER SAY TO A NURSE " HE WANT'S US TO CALL HIM AN AMBULANCE , SHE SAY'S REALLY , SHE SAY'S YES . ... SO AND AMBULANCE COMES , ON THE WAY OUT A NURSE SAY'S TO CALL THEM AND LET THEM KNOW HOW I MADE OUT , I SAID I WILL ! ..... THEY WHEEL ME INTO THE EMERGENCY ROOM , I TELL THEM THE STORY , THEY GIVE ME PAIN KILLER INTRAVENOUSLY , A WOMEN DOCTOR COMES INTO THE ROOM , FEELS MY STOMACH , SAY'S THAT MY INTESTIONS MY HAVE TURNED AND ARE BLOCKED , SO THEY RUSH ME TO " CATSCAN " , WITH AND WITHOUT CONTRAST , BRING ME BACK TO THE ROOM , I TOLD THEM I NEED MORE PAIN MEDICATION , THEY GIVE IT TO ME , ONE MINUTE LATER THE WOMEN DOCTOR FROM 15 MINUTES EARLIER COMES IN AND SAY'S IT'S YOUR APPENDIX , IT'S INFLAMED-HUGE-AND READY TO BURST ! ....THEN SHE SAID YOU WILL BE GETTING SURGERY IN 20-30 MINUTES ! ... SO WITH THAT I HAD MY WIFE GOOGLE URGENT CARE , SHE SAID WHY , I SAID I WANTED TO CALL THEM AND TELL THEM , SHE SAID " CALL TOMORROW " , I SAID " THERE WILL BE ALL DIFFERENT PEOPLE THERE TOMORROW ! ... THE NURSE IN THE ROOM WITH US SAID YES THERE WILL BE , SO I CALLED THEM AND SAID THAT I'M THE GUY THAT JUST LEFT THERE IN AN AMBULANCE , SHE SAID HOW ARE YOU , I SAID I'M GOING INTO EMERGENCY SURGUREY FOR MY APPENDIX , SHE SAID OH MY GOD ! ! ! I SAID YEA ! ... BUT I HAVE TO LEAVE MY CAR THERE AND I TOLD HER WHAT CAR WAS MINE , SHE SAID NO PROBLEM ! .... SO I HAVE THE SURGERY , WAKE UP IN THE RECOVERY ROOM , ... THE SURGEON COMES IN AND SAY'S THAT I WAS VERY LUCKY AND THAT IT WAS HUGE AND IT WAS WAY AROUND MY RIGHT SIDE AND HE WAS SURPRISED THAT I WASN'T HAVING ANY BACK PAIN ! .... I TOLD HIM THAT I HAD GONE TO URGENT CARE BEFORE I CAME HERE AND THEY TOLD ME TO GO HOME ! .... HE SAID " IF YOU HAD GONE HOME IT WOULD HAVE ALTERED THE COARSE OF MY LIFE ! ..... SO 24 HOURS LATER , AFTER HAVING BLOOD DRAWN EVERY LIKE 4 HOURS OR SO , THEY INFORMED ME THAT I WOULDN'T BE GOING HOME BECAUSE MY KIDNEY'S ARE NOT WORKING PROPERLY , COULD BE FROM THE OPERATION , MIGHT NOT , BUT THEY HAD TO FIGURE THAT OUT ! ... SO THEY KEPT FLUSHING OUT MY KIDNEY'S INTRAVENOUSLY , I WAS PEEING EVERY 10 MINUTES , BUT I COULD GET OUT OF BED AND DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING FOR PAIN SO IT DIDN'T PROLONG MY KIDNEY'S RECOVORY ! .. THEY HAD SAID THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF I COULD DO THAT ! .... SO MY KIDNEYS CLEARED THEMSELFS UP , AND I WAS RELEASED LAST NIGHT AT ABOUT 6:30 & HERE I AM ! ... THANK GOD ! :punk:http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=32067

Last edited:
Thank God you demanded the ambulance and were able to get the proper medical attention you required. Glad to see you are back on your feet!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Doctors phrase..."would have altered the course of your life..." is more than a little scary, glad you got sprung and are back home brother! :clapping:

Damn ,That was close,Thank god you didn't listen.Glad youre ok.What would we do without you.

Glad that your doing better....and had the sense NOT to listen to the urgent care clinic.

I very happy to hear you dodged that change in your life Tim!
Good thing obama's government healthcare decision makers weren't involved to screw everything up even worse!

Last edited:
I am glad you are on the mend. The urgent care doc blew the diagnosis, I can't believe that w/the level of pain that you had and w/a proper palpation of your abdomen I am sure that the signs and symptoms, and the fact you would be yowling w/pain during the abdominal assessment, that they didn't ask you if you were prepared to go to the E.R. right then and there. You had an 'acute abdomen,' and when the ambulance called it into the hospital, (I assume it was Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue) they would have informed the receiving facility about your emergency status. I assume the IV was left-in while you were transported, did they give you any analgesic thru the IV while you were in the rescue unit? You may not have been paying too-much attention to that, but I would have called in and asked about orders for it, given your description. Sometimes they don't want to tell the fire/medics to give any narcotics 'because of the short transport time,' but when I get a patient in your state, I would ask, if they couldn't hear the patient moaning and screaming from the pain.

Well, in time you should be OK from the sound of it. The kidney dysfunction is never a good thing, be sure you follow-up w/that as you recuperate. If your urine output greatly diminishes, and you start to get flank pain, one side or both, or you start to have unusual discharges, you need to go back to the hospital immediately for more treatment. Kidney failure can be very hard to treat.

A septic abdomen due to a ruptured appendix can be a life-threatening illness because of the bacteria which floods the peritoneal cavity and which attacks entire systems. You dodged one this time Tim.

Where did they take you, was it JFK, Columbia, or Palm Beach Gardens Med. Ctr.?

Tim: Glad everything worked out. If there's a good thing about this whole mess it's that appendixes don't grow back..... Be careful, and if you're on antibiotics (I'm sure you are..) DO NOT miss a dose or stop taking them!

I assume that first place is like a clinic or something......thats just whacked...
glad they called the ambulance for you when you asked...they did part right.

Urgent care in my insurance plan is just like going to a real ER, $100, so better to just go to an ER in the first place.

Back