Irony

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 LMAO..... not that Mr. Contos died. I do feel for his families loss truly. The fact that laws or rules are written for a reason . More or less to protect people from others or from themselves. But perfect Irony!

G

:confused2: Sad story. Guy dies at a demonstration trying to keep Big Brother at bay on personal freedoms. We don't have helmit laws in Arizona and neither should other states. Let those who ride decide. It should be a choice not a law, Spurs

confused24.gif
Sad story. Guy dies at a demonstration trying to keep Big Brother at bay on personal freedoms. We don't have helmit laws in Arizona and neither should other states. Let those who ride decide. It should be a choice not a law, Spurs

+1
Certainly not something I would "LMAO" about.

+1
Certainly not something I would "LMAO" about.

Oh Gees! it is just the fact of the matter... I do also agree with no helmet laws and to let the person decide. The irony was obvious! It is like your mom telling you that you will get a sunburn and you need to put on some sunscreen. You don't listen and guess what..... You get burnt!

G

I think it should be insurance based. If you have a certain qty of insurance (say $1million in AD&D) to cover any costs of being an invalid then let them chose. BUT, many times the helmetless people end up costing the taxpayers since they don't have enough to cover their care and or hospital stay.

That's where your rights infringe upon mine.

Sean

I think it should be insurance based. If you have a certain qty of insurance (say $1million in AD&D) to cover any costs of being an invalid then let them chose. BUT, many times the helmetless people end up costing the taxpayers since they don't have enough to cover their care and or hospital stay.

Sean
I agree in way but the helmetless people cost us much less than the people who live off the welfare system & know how to work it so they never have to work even though there able. I probably dont even need to get into this but if they would drug test all the people on welfare & kick the druggies off we could get out of debt quicker. Thats enough of my soap box for the time being.

Any publicly funded aide should have random testing. there was some people up here who got busted. They qualified for pell grants, so the grants paid for thier school, and they just snorted and smoked the student loan money. One guy was telling me how the $5k of leftover student loan cash he got, after the pell grant paid for school, financed his sweet stereo in his car and rims.

My niece and nephew pissed away thier strudent loan money's and are trying to avoid re-payment. The dumbasses are using my address, but adding "apartment #2" to it. I've written the collectors a few times and called them, saying that they don't live here, and I own the place and its a house not an apartment. It quiets down for a little until they sell the account to another collector.

I blame them assholes and the like that are causing student loans and grants harder to get. I throw them in the same bucket who take advantage of social security, medicade, and other programs even though they are perfectly healthy to work. Social security topic came up when I destroyed my back. I was like "What? Why, I can be re-trained in another carrer." A couple of weeks later I was approved for a student loan and was back in school.

Any publicly funded aide should have random testing. there was some people up here who got busted. They qualified for pell grants, so the grants paid for thier school, and they just snorted and smoked the student loan money. One guy was telling me how the $5k of leftover student loan cash he got, after the pell grant paid for school, financed his sweet stereo in his car and rims.

My niece and nephew pissed away thier strudent loan money's and are trying to avoid re-payment. The dumbasses are using my address, but adding "apartment #2" to it. I've written the collectors a few times and called them, saying that they don't live here, and I own the place and its a house not an apartment. It quiets down for a little until they sell the account to another collector.

I blame them assholes and the like that are causing student loans and grants harder to get. I throw them in the same bucket who take advantage of social security, medicade, and other programs even though they are perfectly healthy to work. Social security topic came up when I destroyed my back. I was like "What? Why, I can be re-trained in another carrer." A couple of weeks later I was approved for a student loan and was back in school.
Thank you ! Plus all the illegals that we pay for all there medical care for. I am gonna shut up now before I get on a good rant.LOL

Thank you ! Plus all the illegals that we pay for all there medical care for. I am gonna shut up now before I get on a good rant.LOL

I here ya on that one. I don't mind immigration, just do it the legal way. What really pisses me off is the government spending countless dollars providing illegals with benefits when it takes years to get a veteran what they earned.

On the other side, I think it should be like american idol or survivor. You have Juan who is working 4 menial jobs to support his family while Bubba Sisterfuker is in the mountains drawing all the government aide he can handle, but is more than capable of working. I think I'd vote him off the island. :biglaugh:

Sean

If you decide not to wear a helmet , fine , sign on the line here that says if you are severely injured in an accident , we can pull your plug and you can begin your dirt nap .

Irony at it's best....or worst because of loss of life. I agree with the no helmet to an extent, however, should maybe be an age limit of 21 or so. I say this because I have a 17 y/o that rides and I worry enough as it is. If we had a no helmet law here in E. TN, I would never had let him ride.

while i agree this is tragic, i do find some irony in it as well.
this is the reason the helmet law will not be repealed in ny.
someone just died doing what he was protesting .

my view on the helmet law?
i don't give a damn if it was choice i would always wear one.
atgatt is my motto. i would rather sweat then bleed anyday.
helmets are not restrictive and do not break your neck in the event of a wreck.
80% of motorcycle wrecks the rider faceplants.
i don't know about you but i am much too beautiful to have my face turned into hamburger.

now for the second part.
on june 26th, 1986 my father went down on his virago. 25 years ago this year.
it was 2 days after his 47th birthday.
he didn't make it. he died of internal injuries.
while it was hard on his wife,3 kids and mother in law who was visiting from germany,
the helmet was the difference between an open and closed casket for us.
there were scratches and gouges on the cheek and forhead of the helmet.

i was 16 years old and it was hard enough to say good bye as it was.
but reflecting back on that day i don't think if i didn't see him i would have been able to accept that he was gone.

what ever you decide is your choice and i will respect that your an adult and are able to make your own choices.
but please remember that there are always others in your life.
what do they say?
ride like your invisable, dress for the crash but enjoy the ride etc.

it is my believe that most who are against the helmet law are opposed because someone is taking that choice out of their hands. but sometimes you need to be protected from yourself.

think that guy was planning on crashing while on a group ride?
his rebel attitude and breaking of the law cost him the ultimate price.

and it's his family who is going to pay that bill for years to come.

At the speeds we ride VMax's, a helmet may be more dangerous than not having one. This coming from a person who wrecked at 16 with a Bell 3/4 helmet. Dr's said they could only estimate how many fractures I had in my face. one thought 3,000 to 4,000. Eye Orbits, Nose, Cheeks, Forehead and Upper Jaw. If I'd have had a Full Face Helmet on, it may have saved my face and 2 years of black eyes but it may have also broken my neck on impact. There's good and bad all ways you look at this issue. I weigh the options and possibilities every time I get on a bike..

No helmet, Yes, I'd have been Dead at the scene.

Attachments

• Wreck 2.jpg
    Wreck 2.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 21
Totally depends on how and where you ride in my opinion. I slowly cruise on non-congested roads, and I rarely ride with a helmet. I ride alert, and within my limits. When I had my crotch rocket and traveled 30 miles to work on a busy highway, I always wore one. If I lived and rode in an urban area, I would definitely wear one.

At the speeds we ride VMax's, a helmet may be more dangerous than not having one. This coming from a person who wrecked at 16 with a Bell 3/4 helmet. Dr's said they could only estimate how many fractures I had in my face. one thought 3,000 to 4,000. Eye Orbits, Nose, Cheeks, Forehead and Upper Jaw. If I'd have had a Full Face Helmet on, it may have saved my face and 2 years of black eyes but it may have also broken my neck on impact. There's good and bad all ways you look at this issue. I weigh the options and possibilities every time I get on a bike..

No helmet, Yes, I'd have been Dead at the scene.

Wow!

Tell us more.

If you decide not to wear a helmet , fine , sign on the line here that says if you are severely injured in an accident , we can pull your plug and you can begin your dirt nap .

That's fine.....as long as:

- if you're overweight, eat like a pig then ditto on pulling the plug.
- if you smoke...get cancer...same deal
- if you drink...you got it...the plug is pulled.

See where this is going? You can't let the "government" dictate everything......it blows my mind how other bikers take a stance against choice.....crazy

Back