Is this BS?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think so....now maybe 22 lbs lighter than stock.....but not 150 lbs lighter than stock and 22 more hp. You need a stage 7, or Seans kit for that + kerker 4-1...etc.

All i can tell you after reading his ad is that guy is on crack. nada $10000 :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Not 85 color. Not 85 foot pegs. Not 85 side covers. Rear wheel is different too. Manufacture sticker says build date of 12/85. I suspect this bike sold new as a 1986 model. That would explain the different side covers, wheel and pegs.

He says in the add it has stage seven and after market exhaust, so I suppose it has more horse power. I can't see The 150 lbs. Maybe that's the weight of the guy that was riding it. When he got off, it lost 150 lbs:ummm:

Not sure Vance & Hines made a full exhaust for Gen 1...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The HP I can believe from what I've learned on this forum. I emailed him to ask what he removed because I would love to be able to drop 150 lbs. off my bike without hurting its' performance. He told me that he got that drop in weight by changing out the air box and vboost for a Stage 7, the stock exhaust Vance and Hines Exhaust.

Ironically, NADA does say an 85 in excellent is worth $10,300. But, in good it is only worth $5,000. I think Nada needs to update a bit.

BIKE IS 150 lbs LIGHTER THAN STOCK.
AND 22 MORE HORSE POWER THAN STOCK.
Definitely BS, it could have picked up around 10 HP (with full exhaust and Stage 7).
And as stated above only lost 20-25 lbs or so by removing the heavy stock exhaust system.
And as Tim said, the Only way it could lose 150 Lbs. is by Not having rider on it.

Not 85 color. Not 85 foot pegs. Not 85 side covers. Rear wheel is different too. Manufacture sticker says build date of 12/85. I suspect this bike sold new as a 1986 model. That would explain the different side covers, wheel and pegs.

Yup! All the signs point toward this being an '86....like to see the whole VIN #.

I have one w/a build date older than his. It's titled as a 1986.

Maybe he is using the helium-entrained oil and for his tires also helium, or possibly hydrogen, like the Hindenberg? "Gimme a match, I think my lightening gas is leaking past the schrader valve, and it's dark!"

I think he's telling the truth.
By removing the large penis that was attached to his head whilst sitting on the bike would indeed reduce the said weight.

So we have a '86 that is NOT original. A bike that has been sitting for 20 years most likely won't even hit the stock HP that the bike had new. I bet it will run just fine on Regular gas now. To me, this is a $3500 bike. If he thinks he should be paid back for the normal mantaince stuff he did to it to make it sellable, he doesn't understand how "resale" works. (IE he could have NOT done all that stuff and sold it for $2500- because he did do that stuff its a $3500 bike.

Very clean looking bike. His adds is full of hooey tho.
Probably bought it and does not know anything about Vmaxes and believes his own add.

If he's asking $5k and sold for less might not be a terrible deal depending on what it looks like in person.

Welp... I think I just saw my daily dose of bullshit lol

It DID make me curious just how much weight COULD be lost on the V-max.

Aftermarket exhaust, lightest aftermarket rims (not gonna go ultra exotic with CF or Magnesium ones) maybe some weight shaved from the engine...

What kind of weight savings is possible with a Max?

The front rim is definetely 1985- 1986 the i cannot understand the rear rim cause from one side is differend and the side that is differend cannot been sern in the pics.

Στάλθηκε από το GT-N7000 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Back