J-Lo Vmax Custom

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is another thred about this bike around here.

$21k is about what you would pay for the swingarm, wheels and front end from Taylor Made. So in that aspect, not a bad deal.

Steve is a good guy and he puts alot of attention into his bikes.

Eventually I'm planning on running his stuff. 'cept I plan on using a 300 rear and either a 160 or a 180 out front.

That's an interesting swingarm, but IMO the rear tire looks flat out ridiculous. And not ridiculous as in totally sweet, ridiculous as in stupid and totally out-of-place on a bike like that.

Also, that headlight is FUGLY. Looks like it came from a beach rental scooter.

I dunno...doesn't do it for me. Seems like an attention-whore bike. It's pure "look at me" excess....not tasteful, careful details like some blinged Max's I've seen.

Yep, exactly what it is.....
"This bike draws a crowd everywhere! If you love attention, this is the bike for you."

I ride because I enjoy it, not to show off and soak up compliments. Mods I do are for my benefit....not the "crowd". I don't draw crowds....buddy with a bright orange m109 does that. The looky-loo's never notice my 15 year old Vmax. Every so often someone will ask me about it, and say they used to have one, or remember the total legend the bike was in the 80s.....that's it. If one or two people get a kick out of seeing "a real life vmax on the road", that's fine by me.

My $.02

Re: J-Lo Got Back - Custom Vmax

Give him a break...it's the air in Massachusetts...:confused2:

Wow...this is one of those magic posts where 2 different posts morph into one...Holy Fuck Batman...:rofl_200:

There is another thred about this bike around here.

$21k is about what you would pay for the swingarm, wheels and front end from Taylor Made. So in that aspect, not a bad deal.

Steve is a good guy and he puts alot of attention into his bikes.

Eventually I'm planning on running his stuff. 'cept I plan on using a 300 rear and either a 160 or a 180 out front.

Its extra super expensive - I can do that for 10k...

I still like the look of my bike better. 250 is as big as you'll ever need for hooking up and with my 18" rear and 19" front radials it handles very well. But that's just my opinion. He's into the class like me, if you plan on keeping the bike, go ahead put as much as you want in it. But honestly if I wanted anywhere near what's in it, I'd have to part it out. Unless you find that one person who looks at it and says "wow" I gotta have it at any price. But don't hold your breath waiting for him. Ed

Back