Just Bought 86 Vmax Need Help!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicineman843

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought my bosses 1986 Blk vmax. It has 4 to 1 Kerker exhaust, K/n filters, Stage 1 jet kit, New headers. He is the original owner. Bought in 86. Only 20,000 miles, hasn't been ran in about 3 years. I've got it at the shop getting a price quote to have her purring again. I was going to have the spark plugs taken out and new ones put in. I've been looking for any aftermarket parts and OEM parts for this bike. And alot of searching has led me now where.

Hi, I just bought my bosses 1986 Blk vmax. It has 4 to 1 Kerker exhaust, K/n filters, Stage 1 jet kit, New headers. He is the original owner. Bought in 86. Only 20,000 miles, hasn't been ran in about 3 years. I've got it at the shop getting a price quote to have her purring again. I was going to have the spark plugs taken out and new ones put in. I've been looking for any aftermarket parts and OEM parts for this bike. And alot of searching has led me now where.

Welcome to now where. You will find all the answers here. ( Prolly more than the ?s you wanted to ask )

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Welcome Medicineman:biglaugh:,sounds like a great foundation for the mod monkey, BEWARE.!

Was is the size of the forks? I have a dominator dual headlight. Needed to find the exact size. I think is 41nm. Any help????

A 41 nanometer fork would probably have just a bit too much flex for the weight of the VMax :rofl_200:

Awesome! Thats what i was hopeing. I bought these blue 80 LED lights. I have some in my fog lights on my truck. They Look SICK. Got super white and blue bulbs. I'll put up some pictures or video of the new bike as soon as i get her. Glad to finally to be apart of the VMAX CLASS!!! Would any body know what kind of horse power you think it might have? Kerker full exhaust 4 to 2 to 1, K/n performance air filters, Stage 3 jet kit. The V boost was taken out. Each Cyclinder is running each carb at all times. He told me it is a hell of alot more torque. Instead of all 4 carbs kickin up at 4000. He told me he's gone 150 on it before. They are running all the time. I'm excited and nervous. I've had 3 bikes before this. 04 R6, 05 Monster, intruder vs800. I've gotten over my speeding days. Never been on something this powerful before. I don't plan on being stupid and ending up a statistic.

I feel like it will be about 170+ hp. I would like to Dyno. But have no idea anywhere close to me.

just an estimate : 145 at the crank , 125 at the rear wheel . Don't be disappointed its not 170 . There is always a Gen 2 + $$$ .

:punk:

As noted the power isn't as much as you would expect. Sounds like you have a stage seven (no such thing as a stage 3 for the Vmax). 120-125 rwhp and low 80's torque realistically. Not a huge torque gain over stock (and in some instances a loss actually) but 10% gain in HP and a nice loss in weight will certainly make it faster then stock.

The R6 would be faster though not feel like it.

Sean

congrats on the new bike....as for parts, i'd suggest "bike bandit". every jap bike i've owned that always seems to be the best source for OEM type repair/replacement parts. "Dennis Kirk" has a pretty good selection of "consumable" wear & tear stuff (filters, pads, etc).

There are probably a few other good sources too but I haven't owned many jap bikes so don't know much else on parts.

I get it now, First there was Odie "O" and then there was Odie1 to soon be followed by Odie2 I'm guessing?:biglaugh::punk:

it's just supposed to be odie but apparently you have to have at least 5 letters in your name...i'm just odie on all my other tech forums (diesel, mercedes, porsche, harley, etc, blah blah blah)...lol

Back