Light wheels for your Gen II

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
$5,540 for some DOT legal, carbon fiber, wheels with ceramic bearings (-$250 and .05 lbs for steel bearings).

Front - 3.5x18 @ 8.2 lbs with the ceramic bearings
Rear - 8x18 @ 16.9 lbs with ceramic bearings

If you have a Busa, rims in their size are under 7lbs for the front and under 10lbs for the rear.

http://www.brocksperformance.com/Yamaha-VMAX+C270.aspx

Attachments

• 165824_VMAX_BST_Front.jpg
    165824_VMAX_BST_Front.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 165837_VMAX_BST_Rear_Proudct.jpg
    165837_VMAX_BST_Rear_Proudct.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 13
In my more insane moments I considered some like these from BlackstoneTEK for my vmax. Corse that would have meant going to chain drive.

The Carr's (if I could get them made for the Gen 2) would be very close to the same weight, available in colors and could be chromed, and far less cost!

Sean

Those BST wheels are sick but if you scratch them or ding them what a task... If you raise the layer its very hard to repair... Not even talking about cracks

Yes, difficult repair but not impossible. I notice they talk about how Boeing uses it on their planes but that doesn't mean it's the ideal medium for that application.

We build the entire 41 section (pretty much from the nose to the first window after the entry door) for Boeing here at the day job. The size of the spin tooling is incredible! BUT, you'd shit if you knew the amount of stuff that gets scrapped for very minor problems. They do repair some stuff but a lot gets trashed.

Sean

Back