Lots of Carbon Fiber

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can check out my Max in the garage. It's full carbon from Tyga. They hold the cost down by only using carbon fiber for the top layer. The layers underneath are fiberglass. The back side is painted black to cover the white fiberglass. Not really a complaint because using full carbon would only increase cost. Overall I'm happy and like the look.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=437

Did you use stickers on the ramscoops and seat? that's tight as hell :worthy:

Thanks for the compliment, I like that! Yup, OEM stickers. While some debadge some of us work to put them back on. I really like that the carbon parts cost about the same as a basic paint job. . . and I still have the original parts to keep, paint or sell some day when I get inspired.

I went ahead and bought everything. Well, everything but the front frame covers and helmet bag.

It is looks cool, I'll be stoked...if it's not cool, look for it in the for sale sub forum. :)

I went ahead and bought everything. Well, everything but the front frame covers and helmet bag.

It is looks cool, I'll be stoked...if it's not cool, look for it in the for sale sub forum. :)
Nice. I can't wait for mine. If there's an item you end up not wanting I could be interested in it depending on what it is. :)

In the meantime I'm impressed with their customer service. They communicate really well and sent it out quick.

While you wait for your package to arrive you can do a little prep.

You'll want to have some adhesive handy to help with the transfer of rubber components to the carbon parts. I used some Super 77 spray with Q-tips because it was handy but a tube of contact cement should work well.

You'll also need some quality double sided tape, razor blades and patience if you're going to transfer any of the Yamaha and V-Max logos.

Sometimes you'll need to use pliers to squeeze the metal retainer clips together because the carbon parts are thinner than their metal counterparts. Other times the carbon is thicker and you'll need to spread the clips.

The rear fender only accommodates two mounting bolts rather than the original four but it seems to be secure enough when all is tightened.

And finally, there are four rubber components on the original scoops that don't transfer. These are the arched pieces that fit right over the carb diaphragm covers.

Got my package. I'll take pix. The CF Looks great...but I'm not sure it looks good with the Silver of my bike. It looks like I'm going for the rest of it...changing to all black CF.

All my stuff should be here Tues. Hope to have it on Wed. We'll see how that goes!
Sweet. I pulled the trigger today for the front/rear fender and faux tank cover. If it ships as fast as the last order I should get it this week.

I transferred over the Vmax from the old tank side covers to the new. It looks great. The silver sets off nicely with the CF. I'm going to do the same with the Star for the faux cover.

The easiest way to get the Vmax/Star decals off is with GooGone and dental floss. Soak with GooGone and floss it off. I learned that trick with debadging cars. Helps to let it sit in the sun a little before giving it a go. Pretty easy. :)

Bag&Bon, now all you guys need is a Maxgasser seat in his dark grey material to set off all that carbon fiber!

Bag&Bon, now all you guys need is a Maxgasser seat in his dark grey material to set off all that carbon fiber!
Good idea! Sean's setting me up with one of his. I ordered that last week so I'm good on that front.

I think these mods will really update the style of the bike. I love the Vmax but the 97 was looking a little long in the tooth.

4836974905_d1f5167ceb_b.jpg

I know I know....shim the front fender.

I can switch back and forth to the silver body work in about 30-40min. (20 if I leave the front fender!)

To Pickles, that is one well thought out, well executed Max. I've never seen the carrozarias in blue on a Max. Looks damn close to the R-1 caliper blue. For dome reason, the carbon and blue works for me. Hopefully you have a set of blue dots out back. Very nice, very nice...

Bike looks awesome!

Two things I wonder about:

- the rear light. Seems to not belong with how cool the rest of the bike is. I feel you need one of those cute lil' LED jobbies
- is that really a stock front seat!? To me the Muscle seat give such better lines, and your arse will thank you forever. Or maybe you're comfy on the OEM?

Still, I'm well jealous of those wheels, and the bike looks trick, super clean and sorted. Nice.

ya a motorcycle mods would really make that rear end pop.

Back