Low oil sensor wiring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarick123

Reaction score
Got the oil pan back on last night, and the next step on the video was to reinstall the low oil sensor. On mine, there's no wire coming out of the sensor, but instead there's a screw in the opening, and kind of a 45 degree angle coming out of the hole. Is the wire supposed to be embedded, or is this a standard kind of spade connection to a wire?

almost sounds like someone tapped in an oil pressure connection? which is more legit than the low level anyways.

got a pic?

No pic right this second (I'm at work), but this is definitely just a small brass screw. I'm talking small like something you'd see holding the decorative hasp on like a jewelry box. Maybe the original wire broke off, and this was just a kludge to keep contact? I'll post a picture tonight when I get home.

Based on your reply, though, I'm assuming the wire is supposed to terminate internally?

theres one wire coming out of the sensor and it plugs in above the middle gear cover. i have replaced the sensor 3 times (ugh haha). but each time it was easier to just snip the existing wire and put a disconnect down under the pan than pull the wire out of the bundle by the gear cover. i think the sensor grounds itself so there is just the one wire coming out.

But the wire is actually embedded into the sensor at that end, rather than attaching to it via something like a post or connector?

CAn you get pictures to put on here of what you're dealing with?

haha. i dunno what someone did. there should be a wire coming out of there.

The wire was broken off and they use the screw to jamb a wire in there and contact the chunk of wire that was remaining. You might be able to do that again but not sure. The senders are expensive ($150 or so) and the venture ones won't work (they work in exactly the opposite direction - off under hard acceleration).

Sean

The wire was broken off and they use the screw to jamb a wire in there and contact the chunk of wire that was remaining. You might be able to do that again but not sure. The senders are expensive ($150 or so) and the venture ones won't work (they work in exactly the opposite direction - off under hard acceleration).

Sean

ah okay.

i got mine used from you, could he do the same?

I am not sure I even have a used one I can spare. I ended up buying a new one the last engine I built. I have some core engines but those parts will need to be used for 1300 engine builds. I think I have a new one on hand again but they are rude. I wonder if someone can come up with a relay or something to make the venture one work. It works exactly opposite of the vmax one.

Sean

you could run a venture and just be worried if the oil light ever goes off, right?

or, just put the old one back in and spend $40 for a COO oil pressure gauge.

I am not sure I even have a used one I can spare. I ended up buying a new one the last engine I built. I have some core engines but those parts will need to be used for 1300 engine builds. I think I have a new one on hand again but they are rude. I wonder if someone can come up with a relay or something to make the venture one work. It works exactly opposite of the vmax one.

Sean

Thats more simple that You think LOL.
Shoot me an email and I can see what I can do!

Latest posts

Back