Mark's ceramic coated systems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingrider

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am going to be ordering a set of Mark's pipes for my 97, and I had figured on doing the ceramic coated steel unless someone can convince me otherwise. I'd have them be black to match the original color of the exhaust on my bike. I'm also thinking of going with 14" cans with 2.5" cores, not sure if I like the turn downs better, or the open end cap.

Has anyone had any trouble with the non stainless exhaust from him?

If folks have any pictures of his system ceramic coated black, I'd love to see them.

Thanks for any help! :)

Kent Dinkelman has had ceramic coated for a couple of years and they still look new.

Good to know Mark. Are you still liking your system from Mark? Every so often I watch the video you made of it...did you by chance ever make one of it in motion?

I have had my ceramic coated system from Mark for almost 5 years now....still looks like new. Mine is not black, but they should all hold up the same over time. I had him make mine with 13" cans w/ 2" baffles....no turn downs....looks great, sounds great.....not too loud and no huge bazooka can sticking out the back.....

-MK

Good to know Mark. Are you still liking your system from Mark? Every so often I watch the video you made of it...did you by chance ever make one of it in motion?

Yeah, love 'em! I need to figure a way to mount my camera so I can get a video of the bike in motion.

I had Sean ceramic coat my Supertrapps, as the chrome was looking funky, and those look real good on the bike. My headers were already black, but I didn't know how well a ceramic coating would hold up with rock chips and such.

I love my marks. The sound is awesome. I especially love simply cruisin from 1-4k rpms smooth. Sounds like music.

I wish I had him coat my stainless exhaust black though.

I think I will make that my winter project.

Nahhh...blasphemy.

Personaly im proud of showing to evryone how much stainless I have on my bike.

Black becomes....little...boring.

Przemek, we shall agree to disagree. but SS looks better than flaking ceramic!

I go for the middle. Just a bit to make it pop and not lose its character while still being stealthy.

Chris

I initially wanted my exhaust to be coated stainless, but I have changed my mind now that I had it for a complete season. I like the trouble free nature of stainless and for me it will only require a bit of polishing in the off season to maintain.
I like a balance of colors, too much of any one color and the vehicle loses definition. I still have some color "balancing" to do on Redbone but I'm getting closer to the look I want.
I really like to see the different looks though, it really brings out the personality of the owner or at least their vision for the vehicle.

Przemek, we shall agree to disagree. but SS looks better than flaking ceramic!

Yeah, evryone is at his own ;)

I even like the "yellow" ss more then anythig else :punk:

How about a little of each....with a bit of 'electric blue' thrown in for contrast......ey??

Well Dan, personally i think you need more pink LOL :rofl_200:

Kiddo...it looks awsome! :punk:

Ok maybe a inch to much of black :biglaugh:

I initially wanted my exhaust to be coated stainless, but I have changed my mind now that I had it for a complete season. I like the trouble free nature of stainless and for me it will only require a bit of polishing in the off season to maintain.
I like a balance of colors, too much of any one color and the vehicle loses definition. I still have some color "balancing" to do on Redbone but I'm getting closer to the look I want.
I really like to see the different looks though, it really brings out the personality of the owner or at least their vision for the vehicle.
How about that red hot chick costume in you signature, on the same color v-max? :drool:

Yeah, evryone is at his own ;)

I even like the "yellow" ss mor then enythig else :punk:

Well Dan, personally i think you need more pink LOL :rofl_200:

Kiddo...it looks awsome! :punk:

Ok maybe a inch to much of black :biglaugh:

Did you just call Danny Kiddo? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I love it...

Here's one in black and white... :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• DSC00546.jpg
    DSC00546.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 21