Meet the next gen of vmaxer!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
Well, on or around 10/2, stephanie and I will be welcoming a new generation of v-maxer into the world!

Attachments

• Baby_Sonograhm_2of2.jpg
    Baby_Sonograhm_2of2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 46
Congrats-1.gif

awesome man, congrats..... always use another vmaxer:clapping::clapping::biglaugh:

Awesome!!!! You'll love being a father.

The first three months SUCK ASS, but then they smile and ALL is forgiven.

Chris

Congratulations Garrett and Stephanie! :thumbs up:
You going have talk with you new child ASAP after birth, that looks like a crotch rocket crouch if I ever saw one!:biglaugh:

Congrats Garrett!

I am a fairly young guy and have two kids myself. My daughter is 8 and son is 6. Everyone here on the forum praises how wonderful it is to have children. Not many get into the reality of life that lies ahead. So, lets be real about this for once and discuss things that you need to expect.

1. mod money will be SEVERLY diminished
2. your significant other will be much less interested in procreation after the baby is born
3. while she is pregnant you need to remember that shoes and other household items may become projectiles. Hide them. After the anger is over she will cry, say she is sorry, and have no explanation for the preceeding events.
4. time for hobbies will be severly diminished. your motorcycle will not be the most important thing for you to worry about any more. other hobbies will be affected too. See number 2.
5. sleep or quiet time will become a very important commodity. take advantage while you can
6. diapers smell. like shit. you will end up with urine and feces on you, your clothing, and or personal belongings at some point in time
7. spit up, throw up, and drool will cover the shoulders of you favorite shirts. Better than the alternative though. See #6
8. if you're like me, you will be afraid to hold your baby because they are so small and seem fragile. You will get over that quickly. By the time they are 1 year old you will realize they are rubber and bounce off of the floor, wall, ground, etc. just fine.
9. basically, everything changes. Make the right ones to create a strong family
10. You will love your child more than you could ever imagine possible. You can't explain it and you don't have to. Until you are a parent and you hold your child there is no way to understand how strong it is.

Great news Garrett....congratulations to you & Steph!! :band:

thanks dan-o!

Congratulations Garrett and Stephanie! :thumbs up:
You going have talk with you new child ASAP after birth, that looks like a crotch rocket crouch if I ever saw one!:biglaugh:

i can't blame a crotch rocket for the first bike, that was mine! altho if steph keeps her xr100 long enough i'm sure that'll start looking like fun!

Congrats Garrett!

I am a fairly young guy and have two kids myself. My daughter is 8 and son is 6. Everyone here on the forum praises how wonderful it is to have children. Not many get into the reality of life that lies ahead. So, lets be real about this for once and discuss things that you need to expect.

1. mod money will be SEVERLY diminished
2. your significant other will be much less interested in procreation after the baby is born
3. while she is pregnant you need to remember that shoes and other household items may become projectiles. Hide them. After the anger is over she will cry, say she is sorry, and have no explanation for the preceeding events.
4. time for hobbies will be severly diminished. your motorcycle will not be the most important thing for you to worry about any more. other hobbies will be affected too. See number 2.
5. sleep or quiet time will become a very important commodity. take advantage while you can
6. diapers smell. like shit. you will end up with urine and feces on you, your clothing, and or personal belongings at some point in time
7. spit up, throw up, and drool will cover the shoulders of you favorite shirts. Better than the alternative though. See #6
8. if you're like me, you will be afraid to hold your baby because they are so small and seem fragile. You will get over that quickly. By the time they are 1 year old you will realize they are rubber and bounce off of the floor, wall, ground, etc. just fine.
9. basically, everything changes. Make the right ones to create a strong family
10. You will love your child more than you could ever imagine possible. You can't explain it and you don't have to. Until you are a parent and you hold your child there is no way to understand how strong it is.

thanks mike, i appreciate the heads up. basically i know i'm not ready for it, and nothing i do will prepare me for it all, and thats ok b/c no one else is. trying to get my bike 'done' for now so all i need to do is get on it and ride once the baby is here (probably mostly commuting to work but still).

thanks mike, i appreciate the heads up. basically i know i'm not ready for it, and nothing i do will prepare me for it all, and thats ok b/c no one else is. trying to get my bike 'done' for now so all i need to do is get on it and ride once the baby is here (probably mostly commuting to work but still).

Last year I spent 15,000 dollars "Getting ready".

I literally got all my spending out of the way. Redid the whole upstairs to my house which completed the whole house which started in 2007 with the downstairs. I bought a 50" plasma, hung it on the wall, ran all the wires through the wall, into the basement, installed an HDMI switching receiver and all the goodies, just because I KNEW it wasn't going to happen this year... OH SHIT was I right. I am now almost living paycheck to paycheck and had to decide if it was worth insuring the bikes this year.

Keep in mind, my wife is a stay at home mom, so we're living on one income. This is the same income I was single and modding my house, cars, and motorcycles with.

While I miss that a little, I LOVE my son and don't care.

Chris

Last year I spent 15,000 dollars "Getting ready".

I literally got all my spending out of the way. Redid the whole upstairs to my house which completed the whole house which started in 2007 with the downstairs. I bought a 50" plasma, hung it on the wall, ran all the wires through the wall, into the basement, installed an HDMI switching receiver and all the goodies, just because I KNEW it wasn't going to happen this year... OH SHIT was I right. I am now almost living paycheck to paycheck and had to decide if it was worth insuring the bikes this year.

Keep in mind, my wife is a stay at home mom, so we're living on one income. This is the same income I was single and modding my house, cars, and motorcycles with.

While I miss that a little, I LOVE my son and don't care.

Chris

yea i was in a bit of panic mode for a bit with my current living situation but thats being sorted out now, and the plan is to re-do the bathroom in july which will make the house structurally/plubming/electrically ready just need paint and general clean up at that point.

Congrats! good thing you have the bike close to where you want it to be lol!

i GOOD DEAL , GARRETT ! .. .. WE WILL TALK MORE AT THE BROWNIE RUN ! . :punk: .. ITS AWESOME BEING A FATHER ! .. :punk:

Back