New Max hits the 8's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jon Cornell of UFO Performance has laid down the first all motor 8 second 1/4 mile pass of the second generation V-Max. Best part is, he didn't just barley go 8's. He drove straight into the history books with a 8.87 second pass at 156.82 miles per hour! This will be absolutely legendary! I am very aware of the effort that Jon put into making this milestone happen. Congratulations to Jon and his team for making history! I don't think I have used enough exclamations!!!!! Keep an eye on my site for the exclusive video.

Link

Great News, :eusa_dance: One more milestone for the Second Gen Max :worthy:
I thought it might take some time to get into the 8's I was wrong.
How long until the 7's :confused2:

Tims done a lot of nice work there. Still not sure about the all motor but I like it either way! Someone out there was building a drag bike chassis and using the 2nd gen engine. Haven't heard how that was coming.

Sean

Holy crap! 8 seconds! :surprise: :punk: I wonder how they are finally getting it to hook up?

They have had a slick on that bike for some time. Still a very nice pass. Buster (Gary) try and give me a shout when you can.

Sean

I never thought the bike was that capable after seeing the times the cycle mags had posted.What is going on here,is that max all stock internal or ?????????????????????????????????????138s to over 150 mph is alot of hp gain,does anyone know if all this power is gained from computer exhaust or nos????????????.Just think if the beast was a chain drive it would have been one bad motha!

I never thought the bike was that capable after seeing the times the cycle mags had posted.What is going on here,is that max all stock internal or ?????????????????????????????????????138s to over 150 mph is alot of hp gain,does anyone know if all this power is gained from computer exhaust or nos????????????.Just think if the beast was a chain drive it would have been one bad motha!
Well if Jon got the bike weight down to 500 pounds it should run 8.80s on motor .. My bike at 500 pounds runs 8.70s on motor so it's possible .. Question is can you get a 680 pound Vmax down to 500 pounds ? :confused2:

I'm thinking Jon weighs in about 170 and the bike 680... total weight roughly 850 lbs. So 850 Lbs @ 235HP= 8.87 @152 MPH. I know the first thing I would of done with the bike is hit it with a dry shot. I doubt very much that the engine is stock otherwise. Either way that's an excellent time and MPH (157)

Anyone have any pics of the bike?

Pics from jdmac, Thank You! Cool bike... looks a little long is that the stock wheelbase?

UFO_RACEBIKE_FRT_RT.jpg

UFO_RACEBIKE_LFT_SIDE.jpg

UFO_RACEBIKE_REAR.jpg

UFO_RACEBIKE_RT_SIDE_FULL (2).jpg

I can see only one front caliper, i think he thow away the ABS system witch may gave him even 30-35lbs total lost.

Vmax have(Yama claims) "titanium" big big mufflers and here he may lose some more weight about 20-30lbs.

Throwing away another things and you may get 100lbs of total lose.

Its not that dificult, my 1gen v-max have also much much weight dropped.
Its havier now with new USD sunspensin but before that change i've weighted my bike with salvage weighter and it shows 217kg. With fluids of course
but dont remember how much fuel i've had that day.

Lets say he will hit 8,79 if he will not eat his breakfast :rofl_200:

Gary swingarm looks like stock, its lowered so maybe just an dillusion?

I say he used N2o, there's no way that fat pig of a bike could run better than 9.25 in the quarter, Jon Cornell is a lying bastard and anyone says different is lying also:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

In all seriousness I think a whole lot of people on another thread are eventually going to be eating their words.

Last edited:
+1, I'm thinking the motor's been squeezed. about a dry, 40 shot should do it. But N2O can be used on a stock internals motor. :stir pot:

If Vmaxguru is a straight-up guy that can be believed, why would he post this video claiming all motor if there is such high intensity of doubt about all this?

He seems like a guy, judging from his website, that would have a better feel than any of us whether this run is possible without "power adders"........

I'm still withholding judgement.....

I just don't see the point of going out on a limb with outrageous all motor claims when eventually it will be obvious whether it was all motor or not based on developments in the "modifications" market what is truly possible with this bike.......

My belief is that Lying about it would only garauntee you'll look like an asshole later...

I think that it's going to prove true generally; eventually, if not for this particular Vmax.....

If Vmaxguru is a straight-up guy that can be believed, why would he post this video claiming all motor if there is such high intensity of doubt about all this?

He seems like a guy, judging from his website, that would have a better feel than any of us whether this run is possible without "power adders"........

I'm still withholding judgement.....

I just don't see the point of going out on a limb with outrageous all motor claims when eventually it will be obvious whether it was all motor or not based on developments in the "modifications" market what is truly possible with this bike.......

My belief is that Lying about it would only garauntee you'll look like an asshole later...

I think that it's going to prove true generally; eventually, if not for this particular Vmax.....

Juiced or all stock motor... eather way it's impressive to get a heavy assed beast into those numbers.

Reminds me of them 3800lb street cars with the huge big-blocks and other power adders that run in the 9's.

Thats always been my definition of a hot rod, big ol lead sleds with a ton of hp.

Here is a video link to the pass. I have to admit the sucker does sound sweet.
http://vimeo.com/7735597

For comparison, here is an 1995 video of a stretched, chained, turbo gen1 that went 8.51 @ 161 mph:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh7rI3M7W38

Latest posts

Back