NFL Lounge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NFL Lounge - 2009

Meh, Steelers are having some issues but they still have a shot if they come together late in the season which they have a history of doing. Big Ben is finally getting some of the recognition he really deserves for being a great team leader. So often he gets sacked more than most yet he's still does not point the finger . Ben's able to make plays when others just fall down although I'd like to to see him pass sooner if he can. Hopefully they will continue to develop their running game with Mendenhall and maybe even Parker can yet contribute.

Hopefully they will pull it together soon and make the playoffs...
I would be suprised to see Willy with the Steelers next year with the way Mendenhall is playing.

WOW! Great game just ended with the Steelers winning a very close game over the Packers. Big Ben throws for 503 yards, most in the NFL this season! It's a great lift after a depressing last 5 games.
WAY TO GO STEELERS!

He He...

No, all the fam is more or less from Wisconsin.

The Steelers adopted my last name for their newer stadium/field!

Brian

I usually hate the Cowboys...But not tonight!!

Brian

I hear that. I was shocked to hear the K boys showed up. I don't mind the Boys as so much as the owner. I guess I'm an odd ball. If I can't stand a certain player, coach or owner of a team, I root against the whole team. I couldn't stand the Broncos because of their last coach, always grumpy on the side line.

Don't know why but I like the Steelers. They have some personalities on the team and seem to play the game for what it is and not just for the money.

Steelers win another good game! :punk: They stay in the hunt, even if they still need some help to get to the playoffs.

Howzabout them Chefs! Rats. Just seen the Ravens are in. They had to loose, too, for the Steelers to get in. 2 out of 3 teams went down for them. Would like to of seen the Steelers play another game or two, at least. The Chefs smoked the Broncos today. Totally shocking.

Time to update thread title to '2010', no?

Nope, it's still the 2009 season even though we may be in 2010 now.

My predictions for next week's games:

1. Bengals will be victorious over the Jets....tonights game was a fluke. It will still be a close game, but Sanchez will not perform well next week.

2. Ravens will stomp the Pats...only because Brady is hurting bad right now and just lost his #1 option on offense for the remainder of the season. The New England Regime will come to a close on this day.

3. Eagles will overcome the Cowboys in Big D. The 'Boys have gotten lucky their last few games. Roy Williams will continue to drop passes and Miles Austin will be shut down by the Eagles defense. D-Nabb will have a stellar passing night which will lead to a "W"

4. Cheeseheads vs. Birds....this one is hard to call. Today's game can't be used to help determine the possibilities for next week, mainly because Arizona (I think) laid down for the Pack today so that they can bring all the firepower in the Wild Card Game. However, Warner and the Cards have been wishy-washy all year long. Lots of ups and downs. Inconsistent. The way the Pack have improved their O-line over the course of the year, as well as Rodgers having a career year, makes me think that the Cheeseheads will pull this one out. It will be a high-scoring event, but GB will emerge victorious.

Come back next week....I bet I'm 4 for 4 on these picks.

Another fine performance by the Giants! LOL!! :rofl_200::rofl_200:

I say Jets, Pats, Philly (Hoping only), Cards.

2. Ravens will stomp the Pats...only because Brady is hurting bad right now and just lost his #1 option on offense for the remainder of the season. The New England Regime will come to a close on this day.

I would really like to argue item #2 with you...........but I can't......there's plenty more reasons why they'll have their work cut out for them also......I shall watch and see.....

I would really like to argue item #2 with you...........but I can't......there's plenty more reasons why they'll have their work cut out for them also......I shall watch and see.....

The Pats are no longer the team they used to be. It all started with the cheating controversy and has been downhill since. And especially the blown call in the Indy game. WTF was Belichik thinking? My 15 year old sister even knew to punt the ball!

The Pats are no longer the team they used to be. It all started with the cheating controversy and has been downhill since. And especially the blown call in the Indy game. WTF was Belichik thinking? My 15 year old sister even knew to punt the ball!

Yeah there's no doubt they're not the same team from years back.....you can't stay on top forever....it was nice while it lasted......it's funny....they're JUST an above average team and that's not good enough for a lot of people including some of our own fans....that 4th down call was interesting alright.....we played the Texans this past week and they went for it on 4th and goal down by 3 points early in the game!!....and didn't make it......I think Belichick was rubbing off on the opponent's coach now........LLLLLLL

I don't know.... The Jets are look'n pretty good in the 3rd. Holding their own.

Back