oem windscreen help needed...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoNat

Reaction score
oem instrument cowl windscreen help needed...

just found an oem windscreen mount and am going to make a replacement screen out of lexan but was hoping someone could make a paper tracing of theirs so i can get the basic dimensions?

does anyone have one that could do this for me?

Is that would be enough?

dsc09575.jpg

dsc09569.jpg

thanks, Gannon!

that can give me something to start with, but i was hoping someone could just tape on a piece of paper, trace the edges and holes and mail it to me ;]

wicked graphics on your max avatar pic, btw! :worthy:

thanks, Gannon!

that can give me something to start with, but i was hoping someone could just tape on a piece of paper, trace the edges and holes and mail it to me ;]

wicked graphics on your max avatar pic, btw! :worthy:

NAT,

It wasn't me that posted the picture it was Satariel666. I just was giving him a bad time about the metric tape measure..... Also thanks for the compliment on my bike faux tank graphics.. If you want the windscreeen to look like a stock one that is great! If it were me (not saying you should do this) But bolt up the metal bracket to the bike. take a pc of poster board an kinda wrap it around the bracket and mark it with a pencil, then cut the bottom and get the poster board to fit inside the groove in the bracket. Then start drawing the shape that you want it to be. You only need to draw one side of it. Once you have discovered the shape you like then remove it and fold it in half and cut to the line you like. Put it back on your bike and check out your pattern. If you don't like it do some trimming or place the first attempt on new piece of poster board and trace, but extend the areas that you want with the pensil and re-cut and re-fit.Do this until you get what you like. I personally like the windscreen that they sell at the dealer, if it was only a little bit different. The other thing is you might have a problem getting the plastic to curve like that. You might have a good chance taking it to a local electric sign shop and have one bent up for you. They have the heating pads sometimes to heat it up evenly. However to make it even cost effective would be that you have the pattern and the shape that you want it bend to.

Gannon

NAT,

It wasn't me that posted the picture it was Satariel666. Gannon

ya, noticed that this morning.. had apparently not scrolled enough past your quote when i was looking back at it :bang head:

your idea was my backup plan, was just trying to go as close to stock as possible. thanks for your thoughts and advice... oh, and buy your wife a trip to the spa :clapping: call ahead, i think they have partial memory deletion plans - may help her forget about how much the max has cost :biglaugh:

i wish the US would just goto metric already.

ok, back on topic... lol

i still am looking for a tracing of the windscreen... anyone?

metric tracings are ok :rofl_200:

Back