Oil Light Solid on at 8,000 RPM in 4th Gear???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shift at 9,000 should keep things in the boost range fine. If I don't like it it can be changed with easy to get to dip switches.. This bike's gonna be more my cruiser. 89 will be a Hot Rod if I keep it...

i follow, i also think it depends on the gear, since the 1-2 shift if you shift at say 9200 you may end up at 7500 but the 2-3 shift if you shift at 9200 you may end up at 8200

Received mine today!:punk: Thanks Sean!
I wanted mine for the rev limiter but it will be nice to be able to play with the different curves to see what will work best for me.

so i went to install mine tonight. definitely remove the airbox, makes life easy. also doing this with a steering damper sucks

anyways. i assume the new screws are to mount, and we don't reuse the rubber sleeve, stock screws or stock sleeves, but all else is re-used, is that correct?

I removed the air box, left side scoop and covers and the gauge pack. That rubber sleeve was a RPITA but I did reinstall it because it was in great shape. Can still see the light and dip switchs with it back on but don't think it's really necessary.. I can probably use curve 2 or 3 but wanted to see if there's any mileage increase as the instructions mention when using curve 1... I have to buy the high test when I get gas because my trucks won't run with anything less. Poor VMax's have had to suffer with too good of gas.:rofl_200:

I removed the air box, left side scoop and covers and the gauge pack. That rubber sleeve was a RPITA but I did reinstall it because it was in great shape. Can still see the light and dip switchs with it back on but don't think it's really necessary.. I can probably use curve 2 or 3 but wanted to see if there's any mileage increase as the instructions mention when using curve 1... I have to buy the high test when I get gas because my trucks won't run with anything less. Poor VMax's have had to suffer with too good of gas.:rofl_200:

it was an odd fit eh? like the wires coming off the dyna were a bit too long i felt like. eh, oh well. i'll try putting the rubber thing back on. did u use the oem screws/sleeves or just the new ones. hadda reuse the washers eh?

Here's what I see when I add it to my cart....

Your shopping cart is currently empty. :ummm::confused2::bang head:

Here's what I see when I add it to my cart....

Your shopping cart is currently empty. :ummm::confused2::bang head:
I bet your going to have to call them Spec Ops13, but I'm sure I heard that they were discontinued. Maybe they become available once in a while if they get enough interest???:confused2:
If they're not going to make them anymore they should remove them from the store! :damn angry:

I'll try calling them when I have time. It's nuts here right now...
My Mom had a Pretty Bad Stroke last night and it looks like next
week may be a lot of time at Dr's...:sad2: I'll be gone to a Chili
Cook Off today. Have to be there.. Besides Kyle and Christine are
supposed to be coming..:biglaugh:

http://cruiserzone.com/dyna3000.html This site has them for $249 older and newer type. I'm with you dave on the rev limiter, plus advance curve features. Was playing with a sportster last summer, you know how they looking down their nose at us and do their blat blat thing...lol Next thing I know I'm tachin 11g (he's a distant memory). That would be a waste to loose an engine against a Hardley.

steve i've also noticed i have a problem when i've been riding for a while then stop my hearing is not the same so when the engine sounds like its at 6k for example its at 9k.. easy to over rev then.

$250 is cheap insurance in my mind. same with oil changes.

No direct link to order On Line, I'll bet calling them would tell that they don't have any. But I'll try them. Thanx for the link to the Dyna's on thier site....

Right on Garrett, can't trust the ear all he time. I'd be interested in getting a 3000 if available too. Sealing the connections up is the key I understand.

Right on Garrett, can't trust the ear all he time. I'd be interested in getting a 3000 if available too. Sealing the connections up is the key I understand.

how so? they're no more exposed than the stock ones

can't say I know this first hand,but going buy advise from others.Seems like there have been some problems with Dyna. Still interested here though.

There was a post on the Yahoo boards by Gary Spradley about having issues with water (his diagnosis) with his Dyna. He sent it back to Dyna and found there was indeed something wrong with the #3 clyinder. Dyna is going to replace it for $124 (I think that was the number).
Tyler Pennock suggested mounting it a zip lock bag to keep water out. I wouldn't think you would want to totally seal for fear of condensation buildup. I may do something similar using diaelectric grease around any opening on the Dyna and a plastic shield to keep moisture from dripping or splashing on it directly.

i have my dyna set at 9500 but i saw the bike rev to 10k the other day, any thoughts on that?

Latest posts

Back