Oil Light Solid on at 8,000 RPM in 4th Gear???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir we are getting 10% off.

Looks like a savings of $20 off of normal ebay price. I've got a lot of things going on right now. I think I will hold off on one of these till I get everything else worked out.

Sean,

I dunno about these guys but i'd much rather give you my $$. Sounds like we have 4 interested right now. Can you come close to the $203 shipped range?
I'd much rather give my $$$'s to Sean, especially if he can go lower on the pricing! I think it would work best to have the seller handle the PP stuff, that way Garrett is not in the middle if there are any problems with the transaction/ parts.

Dealer is $202 vs $289 Retail. I'd still have shipping to me (probably $12-$15 for about as many as we'd ever order at one time). Then reshipping out to the customer which is $5 in a postal flatrate box if I repack them (the package from dyna is too big). So, i'm thinking cost is $212ish for each customer. I'd do $220 shipped which is $30 less then normal but still more then the ebay guy.

Not sure what they are doing for their pricing but it could be blems (though I doubt it) or they are buying a shit ton more volume and getting a price break on it.

Sean

Dealer is $202 vs $289 Retail. I'd still have shipping to me (probably $12-$15 for about as many as we'd ever order at one time). Then reshipping out to the customer which is $5 in a postal flatrate box if I repack them (the package from dyna is too big). So, i'm thinking cost is $212ish for each customer. I'd do $220 shipped which is $30 less then normal but still more then the ebay guy.

Not sure what they are doing for their pricing but it could be blems (though I doubt it) or they are buying a shit ton more volume and getting a price break on it.

Sean

for $~15 more i'd rather buy from you. i don't want to screw over the guys who have already committed to the $203 price though so i'll let them comment.

Sean that would also be $220 + 3% to cover the fees?

Paypal is so convenient but the fees suck. I buy moneyorders if I can just out of spite for paypal, lol. Just picked one up today for jedis adapter.

Garrett: On this, irregardless of the extra cost. I'd like to buy from Sean. That gets you out of the middle, which can be a bad place to be... Maybe have Sean make up a thread listing a group buy from him, it will get more attention from others who may not be interested in the title of this (My) thread? I think there are 4 of us here who could also respond in that thread to confirm our intention. I want to use Pay Pal myself so whatever the mark up, Let Me Know.. Sean has to make something on this to be fair....

Email me with confirmations and address's. If you can cover the fee that would be great since this is going to be pretty much a wash for me (but I don't mind doing this on occasion).

Sean

Sean: Got your payment request. Thanks.... It took me 4 tries to sign in to my E-Mail. and 3 here. I'll make the payment as soon as I've had lots more Coffee, so I can get it right.. :rofl_200:

I was playin with a new lathe and only got about 4 hours sleep... New Toys tend to cause that.:bang head: Now I can make some Cool Stuff for AR's and the Bikes.:biglaugh:

Sean, i know i said i'd send the cash but are you going to send requests to us all. i don't care either way.

I sent Sean the cash. looks like paypal has a new policy, if you select 'personal' transfer and use a bank account (I selected gift) there are no fees either way.

I had Sean send me a Pay Pal Payment Request with the fee added. I just got back from taking care of that. Finally got enough Coffee in me so I could start my brain up and trust it to work right. It's about as slow warming up as my VMax's..:rofl_200: FOG...

Any way, payment made to Sean...:biglaugh:

got it in today. thanks sean!

now to figure out what settings to try first!!!! i'm thinking i'm gonna put the rev limiter at 10k and probably try the stock curve just with all the other changes to the bike this winter. i could then try the 2-5 settings it sounds like without risking any problems as long as theres some good fuel onboard.

Got mine today too, Thanx Sean.:biglaugh:

I put a new Odyssey in the 94 and installed the Dyna with 9,000 limit.
My bike's dropping off on HP about then anyway. I'm using the stock curve
and will go from there later. Runs great but it's raining so I didn't get a ride...

Put the older Odyssey in the 89. Now I need a Dyna for it....:bang head:

Got mine today too, Thanx Sean.:biglaugh:

I put a new Odyssey in the 94 and installed the Dyna with 9,000 limit.
My bike's dropping off on HP about then anyway. I'm using the stock curve
and will go from there later. Runs great but it's raining so I didn't get a ride...

Put the older Odyssey in the 89. Now I need a Dyna for it....:bang head:

9k is probably a good idea, i agree the HP drops off around 9k but is the shift worth it?

i know thats more of a drag racing question but do you actually get robbed slightly as even tho the power is going down at 9k, do you make enough when you shift to make it worth it?

Just noticed this Dyna purchase thread . I am interested , but what is the advantage of the Dyna over the stock ( in my case '90 ) ignition ?

Just noticed this Dyna purchase thread . I am interested , but what is the advantage of the Dyna over the stock ( in my case '90 ) ignition ?

you'd have to get with sean to see if he's still offering the deal.

you can set the advance curves if you'd like but i think the bigger selling point is a rev limiter

Shift at 9,000 should keep things in the boost range fine. If I don't like it it can be changed with easy to get to dip switches.. This bike's gonna be more my cruiser. 89 will be a Hot Rod if I keep it...

Latest posts

Back