oldest surviving vmax....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, CaptainKyle, #4494....:confused2:Or, are you saving it for a future owner to register:ummm:

Anyone know the total number of Gen 1s ever produced? It would be cool to have a little badge made "#493 of ???" :eusa_dance:

My '85 is 1309, stone stock runner except for seat and I swapped carbs from another bike on (still have the originals). Needs 2nd gear fix as it pops at half throttle, 60k miles.

I finally got back to work on my 85 project, got the motor mounted up and a bunch of time spent over the holiday weekend assembling. Got the carbs tore down and cleaned up: were froze solid. Feels real good to see progress being made.. Now that I am back to work on this bike I will post up on progress made and I can see I also need to go through this thread and update the list ! Thanks to all who have posted up

Hey Bacchus, good to hear you are re-igniting the fire so to speak. You can bet we are all anxious to to see the write up on the rebuild. You can't have too many pic either! I need to light a fire under my arse and get pictures posted too. Where's the matches? Just picked up a NOS side cover last week! It is as nice as advertised! $50.00 bucks which is cheap in my book.
Patmax

PAT

Thanks for the encouragement !
I got the valves adjusted today, not too far off but got them in spec now, working on some touch up on the motor finish and re-assembly right now...

Looks like I have some more to add to the list..... Keep em coming guys

Wondering what the definitiion of Modified is.
On my wifes bike Gigi #211. the engine is stock, has new paint and cobra exhaust.
about it
Gigi Hansen #211

1985 #1514 bought new in 1985 , everything stock except for COPs mod and paint . 18K on the clock, Runner............

:ummm: Hey, #481 is for sale on Ebay now for $9000, probably be there a while. Ha Ha, Spurs

Back