Radial masters finally installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personaly Im not finding any diffrence in clutch. Just a better leverage control, just a fealing.

As for the front brakes its a completly diffrent story.

Yeah for the brakes it's an amazing difference. The response of the R1 calipers is strong and immediate with a little pressure with just 2 fingers.

For the clutch, I noticed 2 differences but my feeling may be different than you guys.
First it's less difficult to press the lever to activate the clutch. It require less strength on the lever to get the same result.
The other thing is the lever when released is not as far as before. It makes it easier for me.
In traffic, I always find it tiring since I have to switch gears all the time. The levers was far and needed a good pressure. Now it's super smooth.

I'm using bar end mirrors but not exactly the same than you guys, so the lack of mirror mounts was not an issue.
With the drag bars, I don't find it amazing although I find it better than many mirrors I tried.
I'm planning to try wider bars soon, I might have a different feedback.

My handbar is 800mm width and I dont want any diffrent bar!

I got one from UFO (750mm) which everybody who rides my max found narrow at first.
I got used to it but since my last crash it's bent so I'm planning to replace it.
I'm getting a superbike 840mm handlebar, I wanted to try.
I might need to cut it a bit but I don't mind let's see.

barsb.jpg

u guys have me thinking now! whoo.. my fjr masters are just too bulky.

something for the 'winter list'.

hehe Garrett :)
Just take the time to find the masters. You can get them in a good shape and price if you take the time.

yeah that's what I got, you might find better alternative for the reservoirs if you check other resellers.
I didn't include the shipping in the price I gave before.

yeah that's what I got, you might find better alternative for the reservoirs if you check other resellers.
I didn't include the shipping in the price I gave before.

i tried searching didn't find much... any other links u can help out with?

if i wanted to do it cheaper, looks like the clutch side has the res included.

what about those ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5710111&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_949

See no need to put 150$ to get some nice reservoirs :)

oh nice. too bad they don't ship to the US, but i see your point. do they attach the same way? just with a hose? how would they be held up? also they don't look like you'd be able to check fluid levels, correct?

also did you go with shortly levers? i don't think i could with the cruise control i have. not only does it move the master 3/4" over, but moves your hand 1/2' to the right on the grip.

You won't need any hose or bracket, you unplug the cap on the master and you plug it directly on top. They're provided with a specific o-ring which is holding them tight and avoid any leak.
The guy is even shipping to the Philippines so don't hesitate to ask him.
He's putting a set on ebay every week, they usually don't go above 30$ per piece.

I use the shorty since I'm used to it, even before I got used to clutch and brake with 2 to 3 fingers only. It just giving me more control and feeling.
Those levers are wider than our stock ones, the feeling is really good :)

the translation of the description of the item:

"On CNC machines costly manufactured brake fluid container made from a special high-strength aluminum alloy with a diameter of 29 mm. The container has a lid with angefr?stem hexagon. To see a sight glass lid is incorporated in Floadglas. The seal is provided by a recessed flat rubber ring, which einliegt clean. The component can be used pumps and clutch brake for excellent and replaced the original plastic parts, clips, clamps and hoses completely eliminated and the bike by a super lens to bring the. Here in the plug for easy self-installation version for Nissin brake pump. Super look.

The container with lid can be polished on request (then 6 Euro).

Scope of this auction: 1 tank, 1 cover with sight glass and 1 seal"

I notice today, the gears above the 2nd one are not properly released. the rev goes up with pulling. It only does it after shifting and when accelerating hard.
Never had that before I changed the masters.
Almost sure the bleeding was done without bubbles but could it come from there ?

You won't need any hose or bracket, you unplug the cap on the master and you plug it directly on top. They're provided with a specific o-ring which is holding them tight and avoid any leak.
The guy is even shipping to the Philippines so don't hesitate to ask him.
He's putting a set on ebay every week, they usually don't go above 30$ per piece.

I use the shorty since I'm used to it, even before I got used to clutch and brake with 2 to 3 fingers only. It just giving me more control and feeling.
Those levers are wider than our stock ones, the feeling is really good :)

hmm, interesting...

the translation of the description of the item:

"On CNC machines costly manufactured brake fluid container made from a special high-strength aluminum alloy with a diameter of 29 mm. The container has a lid with angefr?stem hexagon. To see a sight glass lid is incorporated in Floadglas. The seal is provided by a recessed flat rubber ring, which einliegt clean. The component can be used pumps and clutch brake for excellent and replaced the original plastic parts, clips, clamps and hoses completely eliminated and the bike by a super lens to bring the. Here in the plug for easy self-installation version for Nissin brake pump. Super look.

The container with lid can be polished on request (then 6 Euro).

Scope of this auction: 1 tank, 1 cover with sight glass and 1 seal"

ah so there is a slight glass...

I notice today, the gears above the 2nd one are not properly released. the rev goes up with pulling. It only does it after shifting and when accelerating hard.
Never had that before I changed the masters.
Almost sure the bleeding was done without bubbles but could it come from there ?

u mean when you pull the clutch in the engine revs?

Just after shifting and releasing the lever, If I throttle it will rev but not accelerate much.
Looks like the gear is not fully engaged.

Just after shifting and releasing the lever, If I throttle it will rev but not accelerate much.
Looks like the gear is not fully engaged.

that sounds more like the clutch itself, with the lever all the way out, the slave cylinder should be putting all the pressure on the clutch, i think..

Back