Radial masters finally installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats funny... You got a set of brake masters just like mine. And i thought i had the only max with ZX14 masters... Shiit... congrats its a great set... By the way i have the rotors as well... LOL wavy... yum yum

Mine rotors came from 2007 zx10r yum yum :biglaugh:

I have a big killer mod comming this winter that you will about to see quite soon enough :)

I've seen those cheapo ebay masters before. They look nice but I would not trust one. I asked Sean about pricing on accossato masters and they are still running a deal where you get a free galfer braided brake line with purchase of a master. Pricing is pretty reasonable that way

cool thanks. what about the '06-'09 masters of the zx14 work for the vmax? any other years good too?
Wondering the same thing. looks like most newer 600s and 1000s come with radials.

Not sure if they come with hydraulic radial for clutch and brake tho.
Most I have seen so far still have a cable for the clutch (like for the R1).

Gotcha, I see. So basically the bonus here is having matching levers? Because I don't mind getting a zx14 clutch and going with a r1 or cbr1000 master brake if it is available and it is cheaper. Just want to make sure I have a wealth of options.

you can mix and match whatever you'd like. you could also get different masters and mix and match maybe the levers that are on ebay. there are some cnc adjustables for a lot of the sport bikes for $25 plus shipping from china.

Gotcha, I see. So basically the bonus here is having matching levers? Because I don't mind getting a zx14 clutch and going with a r1 or cbr1000 master brake if it is available and it is cheaper. Just want to make sure I have a wealth of options.

Matching radial brake master from zx14 is also instaled on zx10r and zx6r and they running about half of zx14 price along ebay. People just dont know about this...

Dont mix the radial master with perpendicular calipers.

you can mix and match whatever you'd like. you could also get different masters and mix and match maybe the levers that are on ebay. there are some cnc adjustables for a lot of the sport bikes for $25 plus shipping from china.
Suprisely they are good quality and most defo worth to buy.

Standard calipers are instaled 90 degree to rotor face axis so, they are perpendicular, yes?

what are you saying is perpendicular?

the pads (wouldn't all calipers)?
the pistons (again all calipers?)
the mounting bolts (here some mounting bolts yes go parallel to the face of the rotor)

just not sure what you mean prez!

what are you saying is perpendicular?

the pads (wouldn't all calipers)?
the pistons (again all calipers?)
the mounting bolts (here some mounting bolts yes go parallel to the face of the rotor)

just not sure what you mean prez!

This how Im describeing this in Polish.
As commnoly known my english is not the best of its kind.

Imagine the rotor face axis. Radial caliper is radial cuz it is mounted with "some" radius from the axle and, the caliper mounting bolts are nothig more like rotor radius.

Radius.png

Then how do you will call the bolt from strandard caliper?

Note:
Radial or perpendicular/standard calipers are called like that becouse of thier mounting patent, not becouse thier working patent which is de facto the same.

Again - sounds good to me in polish but not nessecerly in english.

This how Im describeing this in Polish.
As commnoly known my english is not the best of its kind.

Imagine the rotor face axis. Radial caliper is radial cuz it is mounted with "some" radius from the axle and, the caliper mounting bolts are nothig more like rotor radius.

Radius.png

Then how do you will call the bolt from strandard caliper?

Note:
Radial or perpendicular/standard calipers are called like that becouse of thier mounting patent, not becouse thier working patent which is de facto the same.

Again - sounds good to me in polish but not nessecerly in english.

hmm. still not clicking. here are two pictures.

what would you call picture 1 vs picture 2?

also why can't you use radial masters with perpendicular calipers if they work the same?

Attachments

• BremboCalipersStockOn2011GSX-R.jpg
    BremboCalipersStockOn2011GSX-R.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC03584.jpg
    DSC03584.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 18
What he is saying makes sense to me. Radial calipers bolt along the radius of the rotor. Traditional calipers bolt on perpendicular to the rotor.

Not sure why a radial master couldn't be used with traditional calipers though?

Latest posts

Back