Radial masters finally installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What he is saying makes sense to me. Radial calipers bolt along the radius of the rotor. Traditional calipers bolt on perpendicular to the rotor.

Not sure why a radial master couldn't be used with traditional calipers though?
I'm not sure either? Don't radial caliper use fluid displacement from the master cylinder to squeeze the rotor to effect braking? I have never seen a radial caliper off a bike or taken apart to know if they work differently though. I hope to learn something here!!:punk:

They working the same way gents - hydraulic transmission or so.

I was not trying to say: dont mix radial's with ...well... or your head will be choped off...none of those.
However I cant imagine myself how radial advantages could be used with "perpendicular" mechanism...
What is the best in radial's dies with perpendicualr's.

This is something like diagonal(bias) and radial tyres and thier mixing.
Some says its good and some says they dont mix.
However almost everything is this wolrd could be mixed with...variable effects.

hmm. still not clicking. here are two pictures.

what would you call picture 1 vs picture 2?

also why can't you use radial masters with perpendicular calipers if they work the same?

Gonna screw with ya a little :rofl_200:

First one is the only tru monoblock caliper on the market...well so far.

The second one shows the standard technology.

I heard 09+ gsxr 1000 have monobloc radial calipers as OEM equipment. I was looking on ebay for a set and they are not cheap. Nowhere near what the brembos cost though.

I had read somewhere that guys with first gen busa were using a R1 radial master with their traditional 6 piston calipers with good results. I believe the 06+ R1/r6 has a brembo 19x16 radial brake master as oem equipment. Not sure if its true or safe though.

Finally got my masters in, same as the OP, ZX14R Nissins. The previous owner switched to Brembos, so these things are in mint conditions. Just need to slap them on and bleed now.

If anyone is considering going this route, check out zxforums.com, troll the classified sections, I saw three different ads. I got both masters, both levers, and both reservoirs for $100 shipped.

Finally got my masters in, same as the OP, ZX14R Nissins. The previous owner switched to Brembos, so these things are in mint conditions. Just need to slap them on and bleed now.

If anyone is considering going this route, check out zxforums.com, troll the classified sections, I saw three different ads. I got both masters, both levers, and both reservoirs for $100 shipped.

Bargain deal I must say.

Latest posts

Back