Radial masters finally installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 sounds like clutch slipping. take it up in top gear and from a cruise wack it wot, does it just go or spool up a little then start to pull....would be leading to slippage

or maybe not fully engaged due to lever hanging up a little, pin a little log and keeping pressure on the master which is not letting it fully release for a sec? maybe?

or maybe not fully engaged due to lever handing up a little, pin a little log and keeping pressure on the master which is not letting it fully release for a sec? maybe?

THAT makes more sense.

I will check that tomorrow. I will make sure there is no air in the system and the lever is properly sitting. Just hope it's not a clutch issue which just appeared in the same time.
Let's be positive lol

Michael, with your searching what have been typically good prices for masters? I might just pick those up if they are a good price and do levers/res later and keep searching..

also what is the distance from the grip edge of the master cylinder to the end of the shorty levers?

I will say around 60$.

I got my set for 110$ but without levers and reservoirs. Everything else was almost good as new. The difficult part for me was to have it ship to the Philippines at a good price.
For sure it will be easier for you.

Keep in mind a brand new master with lever and reservoir will only cost 140$ + 30$ for shipping (hassle free).

So you might not want to exceed 60-70 if you plan to get nice levers and reservoirs.

I will say around 60$.

I got my set for 110$ but without levers and reservoirs. Everything else was almost good as new. The difficult part for me was to have it ship to the Philippines at a good price.
For sure it will be easier for you.

Keep in mind a brand new master with lever and reservoir will only cost 140$ + 30$ for shipping (hassle free).

So you might not want to exceed 60-70 if you plan to get nice levers and reservoirs.

cool thanks. what about the '06-'09 masters of the zx14 work for the vmax? any other years good too?

Michael, with your searching what have been typically good prices for masters? I might just pick those up if they are a good price and do levers/res later and keep searching..

also what is the distance from the grip edge of the master cylinder to the end of the shorty levers?

I've paid 150$ per 2 masters with good levers and good reserviors about a year ago. Of course on ebay.

I will be machining some nice reserviors for those masters.
Im sick of those plastic ugly conteneirs!
Stay tuned.

Just right after I will finish my custom steering damper.

will they look like the ones michael provided above?

Pics!
Quick cellphone ones...

One slightly polished and second not yet.
Still need to mill some protrusions on the cap and final polish.

zdjcie004xv.jpg

zdjcie006y.jpg

zdjcie007mr.jpg

Thx, i like i too :biglaugh:
Finaly the most ugly visible thingy from my bike is gone.

Now i need a diaphram for the second one:ummm:
Michael, still got the diaphram from bigger reservior?

Thats funny... You got a set of brake masters just like mine. And i thought i had the only max with ZX14 masters... Shiit... congrats its a great set... By the way i have the rotors as well... LOL wavy... yum yum

Back