Road trip >tail of the dragon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ll make another trip or two out to the mountains this summer. I had a blast in March riding the Tail and other roads.

The tail is cool, but I found a lot of other roads just as fun, or more fun because there was no one on them.

Good luck and ride within your ability. Todd

Good advice Todd, im sure that's why its a dangerous road

Haven't heard of the Bootlegger.....but i've been pretty sheltered..........
It's hwy 28, aka The Bootleggers Hwy. Check it out on google maps!
Here is something I mapped out for Tom and I to do while were there: https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202566710742850502343.0004f38fa0700810f4218&msa=0

As you can see it has the Tail, Bootleggers Hwy, and Cherohala Skyway in one big loop! I hope that's not too much for one day!!! :biglaugh:
is that where you plan on staying? I will look for it
It is Bill, Tom and I appreciate any feedback! Thanks, and have fun! I wish I could have gone with you too!

I would like to try to get that one in a day Brian, but with fuel, lunch and the many photo op's afforded us along the way, it may be challenging!..........I sure am excited about this trip tho!!........:biglaugh:........Tom.

Just got back from an awesome road trip...
05 ran like a top, never missed a beat.
The dragon and surrounding roads were just the best I've ever ridden.
nice smooth paved roads with lots of turns and straight aways to open up the vboost just put a huge smile on my face the whole time..

we rode the dragon then stopped at deals gap to hang out and watch everyone come in and out in all kinds of bikes and sport cars. from crotch rockets to Harleys to supped up audi's and even a sweet lambo. I could have spent the day just hanging out there.

also rode the blue ridge parkway and stopped at Maggie valley to visit "wheels through time" museum. some amazing old motorcycles to gawk at. if your ever in that area, make sure to stop by.

All In all I had a blast and cant wait to go again, heres some pics if anyone wants to look

Attachments

• untitled (57).jpg
    untitled (57).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 43
  • untitled (58).jpg
    untitled (58).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 41
  • untitled (59).jpg
    untitled (59).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 39
  • untitled (60).jpg
    untitled (60).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 38
  • untitled (64).jpg
    untitled (64).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 43
  • untitled (53).jpg
    untitled (53).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 41
  • untitled (51).jpg
    untitled (51).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 37
  • untitled (55).jpg
    untitled (55).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 37
  • untitled (35).jpg
    untitled (35).jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 36
  • untitled (56).jpg
    untitled (56).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 45
  • untitled (48).jpg
    untitled (48).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 31
  • untitled (45).jpg
    untitled (45).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 28
  • untitled (44).jpg
    untitled (44).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 28
  • untitled (43).jpg
    untitled (43).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 29
  • untitled (42).jpg
    untitled (42).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 28
  • untitled (41).jpg
    untitled (41).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 28
  • untitled (39).jpg
    untitled (39).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 31
  • untitled (38).jpg
    untitled (38).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 34
  • untitled (37).jpg
    untitled (37).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 34
  • untitled (36).jpg
    untitled (36).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
That sure is some beautiful country!!........Great pics!!........Thanks for sharing!................Tom.

wicked jealous man. glad you made it back safe and sound. Give me 5 years and i'll join you that time!

Thanks for the pictures Bill, sounds and looks like you had a great trip! Tom and I will be there on June 23rd, a little more than a month away!

Thanks for the pictures Bill, sounds and looks like you had a great trip! Tom and I will be there on June 23rd, a little more than a month away!

you and tom will love it, how many days you staying? I wish I had more time, if I did I would park on one of the turns in the dragon and just watch everyone come through.
sorry I didn't notice the dragon pit inn, cant give you any feed back.

you and tom will love it, how many days you staying? I wish I had more time, if I did I would park on one of the turns in the dragon and just watch everyone come through.
sorry I didn't notice the dragon pit inn, cant give you any feed back.
Thanks Bill, it received good reviews so we should be good. I wish we could stay a whole week since this whole region from North Georgia, West North and South Carolina then north through Tennessee and Kentucky and beyond is just loaded with great roads.
We'll be arriving Monday before noon, leaving Wednesday am for Thunder.

It's a 620 mile trip from Mi to Maryville, around 9 1/2 hour drive straight through, I'm thinking we're gonna have to roll out around 2am.................Cant wait!!!!!!!!.............:punk:...............Tom.

I leave for work at 4:45am every day.................They're used to me............:biglaugh:...............In this case however, the Maxes will be nestled comfortably in Redbones enclosed trailer for the trip.............................Tom.

ok im going to hold you to it, summer of 2019 !
Better stop making babies...

Sounds good man. Yea caveat as long as my youngest is still my youngest, there is no more plans for more kiddos so hopefully i'll have a newer bike at that point and we'll do it up.

oh i keep forgetting to tell you, i have a new neighbor down the block. Spitting image of you, except he has a bit of a gut. makes me do a double take everytime I drive by.

Sounds good man. Yea caveat as long as my youngest is still my youngest, there is no more plans for more kiddos so hopefully i'll have a newer bike at that point and we'll do it up.

oh i keep forgetting to tell you, i have a new neighbor down the block. Spitting image of you, except he has a bit of a gut. makes me do a double take everytime I drive by.

I have a bit of a gut too, hopefully this diet/exercise thing I started will make it go away ...

Latest posts

Back