Spark plugs...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymel

Reaction score
Will replacing the spark plugs increase power output or is it just a hype?

What about if I replaced the spark plugs and wires with aftermarket performance ones?

Thanks,
Jaymel

Mods like what?

Already got a full exhaust and K & N

Saving up for a jet kit next

Any other suggestions for mods...?

Standard plugs seem to be best ---- don't waste your $ on fancy stuff that wont help unless the old plugs are really bad.

A different or modified seat will maky you happy if your in the saddle for more than 30 min.

Lew

Last edited:
Mods like what?

I like the handling mods!!!:eusa_dance: Delrin Motor mounts :punk:, frame brace, radial tires, fork emulators :punk:, HIGH quality rear shocks, adjustable levers are great, to name a few. Have fun

I replaced my spark plugs last week. Have a 2005 with 9,800 miles, the previous owner did not remember ever changing. It cost less than $8. I could tell a difference after changing. Maybe it is psychological, but seems it has more pep. Anyway, it is just something you do after getting this kind of a spark plug report after buying a used bike.

Mods like what? ...
boy you have asked the wrong crowd. here's some "entry-level" ideas. i'm sure the guys'll start chirping in. if there's anything more to love other than riding a max, it's feeding the mod monkey.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=230273&postcount=2

I'll keep my mouth shut... LOL

smiley_ROFL.gif

Mods like what?

MODS? ( I'm awakened from my mid-monday-morning daze when I hear the magical word!) Somebody NEEDS a MOD LIST??? Ralphy from the Christmas Story would be proud of the speed and voracity with which I can answer this one!

Better Brakes- you have a '98 so a nice upgrade is the R6/ R1 calipers and EBC HH pads and SS lines.
Better Suspension- Progressive shocks, Race Tech or Progressive springs, RT Gold Emulators or Ricor Intimanator, and there is always going full bore into a late model R1 style USD fork setup.
Better Wheels- Kosman, RMS, Cycle One-off Wheel conversions or here to you can go full bore with a set of Sean's Special Carrozzeria lightweight wheels.
Better Ergonomics- Custom seat like Morleys Muscle, Maxgasser, RMS, Corbin. Handlebars, cruise controls, grips, windshields, mirrors, highway bars and footpegs.
Better gauges- Digital speedometers, shift lights, oil pressure, fuel gauge and tachometers.
Better lighting- Hid headlight, LED turn signals, LED taillight and guage cluster LEDs in different colors.
Better Accessories- Sliders/ engine bars, luggage rack, sissy bar, bar ends, billet bling and belly pan.
I hit a lot of the more popular mods but didn't really touch a lot of the mods that you can do to improve the electrical system, starting system, performance, looks (paint/ chrome/ powdercoating/ anodizing) and machine work/ welding!
Your Mod Monkey awaits you with open arms and one hand in your pocket!

Attachments

• Mod Monkey in my Pocket AGAIN!.jpg
    Mod Monkey in my Pocket AGAIN!.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 7
I have been reading over NaughtyG's COP mod which seemed like a pretty doable mod and since my last VMax issue narrowed down to fire/spark issue, I have decided to do this. I PM'ed G but wanted to ask openly to see if anyone can suggest which COP would work the best for an 06 model and also where to get them?

PS. I also just got my seat done by Sean Morley, it looks sweet. I can't wait to get this bike running perfect so I can enjoy the seat!

I have been reading over NaughtyG's COP mod which seemed like a pretty doable mod and since my last VMax issue narrowed down to fire/spark issue, I have decided to do this. I PM'ed G but wanted to ask openly to see if anyone can suggest which COP would work the best for an 06 model and also where to get them?

PS. I also just got my seat done by Sean Morley, it looks sweet. I can't wait to get this bike running perfect so I can enjoy the seat!

get a hold of Sean he has some kits! :punk:

Back