Speedhut shift light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike7488

Reaction score
Not sure that I have ever seen mention of the Speedhut SST Revolution shift light on here, so I thought I would mention it as another alternative for the Vmax. It hooks up just like the Raptor, three wires to the back of the factory tach. It has a 3 LED readout that is used for programming, setting the shift point, plus various other functions & it will display your RPM while running (first 3 digits). No dip switches, no pills, etc. 7 leds, available in different colors as well as different color bezels. I installed mine last night and must say that it is very well made and looks sharp on the bike.
www.speedhut.com

-Mike

Picture of it on your bike?? I'm not thread jacking but I just installed mine today and was just going to post a pic, strange. I got a Harlen shift light, here it is....

Attachments

• shift light 003.jpg
    shift light 003.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 94
I will take pics tonight.....the light was less than $90 on fleabay.....I believe the $26 light you saw was just an indicator light for oil pressure drops, etc...

-Mike

Not sure that I have ever seen mention of the Speedhut SST Revolution shift light on here, so I thought I would mention it as another alternative for the Vmax. It hooks up just like the Raptor, three wires to the back of the factory tach. It has a 3 LED readout that is used for programming, setting the shift point, plus various other functions & it will display your RPM while running (first 3 digits). No dip switches, no pills, etc. 7 leds, available in different colors as well as different color bezels. I installed mine last night and must say that it is very well made and looks sharp on the bike.
www.speedhut.com

-Mike
Anyone have feed back on whether this unit would stand up to being caught in a rain storm? Not that I would want that to happen, but sometimes you get caught.........

Dunno...the Raptor light on mine tends to flash erratically if I get caught in the rain. It's always fine afterward, so I guess no harm no foul. Though mine is somewhat protected by the flyscreen, so I don't know how well it would hold up to a full on rain/mist blast.

Dunno...the Raptor light on mine tends to flash erratically if I get caught in the rain. It's always fine afterward, so I guess no harm no foul. Though mine is somewhat protected by the flyscreen, so I don't know how well it would hold up to a full on rain/mist blast.

When I ran the raptor, I used clear packing tape to put over the DIP switches. it worked real well on keeping out the extra moisture.

Last edited:
I like that you can see your RPM and get the light to shift on. Shoot some pics and let us know how the unit performs for you. It would be very cool if it works as advertised!
I run a Harlan going on my 3rd season and I've had no issues other than trying to figure out where and how I wanted it mounted. Tom at Cycle One-off did some custom work on his Raptor mount to make it fit the Harlan. It's now mounted perfect for me and still performs great.

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 44
The light works as advertised....having the RPM along with all the programming functions on the LED display is a cool feature....I doubt I will ever see rain, but the unit is sealed and I would imagine you would need to take precaution just like any other electrical device.....will add pics later....

-MK

I was wondering if one of you using this would mind telling me what size cable you got with it,is 12" long enough?
Also is the directions for this pretty straight forward?

Latest posts

Back