Spring 2011 SoCal VMAX ride anyone?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekberg

Reaction score
I'm in the Army and been stationed at Fort Irwin, Cali for over a year now. Would like to organize a "VMAX only" day ride sometime this spring. Would be great to get 20 or more VMAXs together for a ride thru sunny Cali. I've done a lot of riding around the Big Bear/Crestline area this last summer....love ridin' here....and PCH....there's just no match. If interested drop a line and we will make this happen.

I will also be riden to Las Vegas this fall for the Vegas Bike fest......join the ride, would love to party right with some fellow VMAXers.

Lets do this,
Darren:punk:

Alright here we go, lets make this official.....

SoCal VMAX ride - Sunday May 1, meet at Hell's Kitchen (32685 Ortega Hwy, Lake Elsinore, California 92530) at 10:00 (9:00 if possible). Everyone bring a strip map of where they think would be good places to ride from Lake Elsinore. We'll figure out what the best one or two are over a beer and then head out.

Thanx for the great idea Rusty I can't think of a better place to start a VMAX ride than a place called Hell's Kitchen. You all have one month to get your bikes back together so we can make this a good showing.

Got any questions or suggestions please drop me a line.

Darren
punk0000.gif

Last edited:
I'm in Riverside CA, not too far from ya. I'm free on the weekends and my bike is almost back together, let's do this!!!

I'm in Riverside CA, not too far from ya. I'm free on the weekends and my bike is almost back together, let's do this!!!

Always ridin down to San Bernardino so it should be less than an hour to link up. We'll give this some time for more replies and set up a day to raise some hell.

Thanks for the reply GLB,
Darren

You got it! I'm always skippin around in San bernadino myself. My bike should be back together this weekend, then all I need is time to refamiliarise with my bike after all this time down.

Darren

I am also in the Army (CARNG) and now in San Diego. Spent quite a bit of time at Fort Irwin with 11ACR.

Working on getting my VMAX back operational and a good ride is always in the horizen.

Look forward to a good ride in the spring with fellow VMax-sters

Jack

Haha, seems like we all have the same problem. I will make this ride when I have my Max sorted. Battery is on the tender now and it's raining, hopefully tomorrow I can find out if all is right.

Haha, seems like we all have the same problem. I will make this ride when I have my Max sorted. Battery is on the tender now and it's raining, hopefully tomorrow I can find out if all is right.

Wister,
No worries...was thinking April/May time frame. Been going thru the forum looking for Max riders within a decent linkup distance. We may only get 5 or 6 but the more the marrier.

Thanks for the post....I'll be posting a date and linkup location here real soon.

Darren

Im in, Only problem is I may be in Fl & MI for vacation around 28th may ~ 2 weeks. im tied up till apr17 at school. getting ready to PCS to Okinawa again in Aug. I put my bike in craigslist but i doubt it will sell, put it up for 6G's! :rofl_200:. maybe ill find out who the jack wagon is that replied to my post too.

Alright....looks like we may have about 5 or 6 that want to make this happen. I'm free Sunday, May 1st and Saturday, July 23 or 30. Drop a line and let me know what works best for everyone. I would like to do the May one and then do one of the dates in July.

Let me know.

Darren

Guess I better get busy and finish my 38mm carb set up so I can see how it pulls against mere mortal Vmaxes :eusa_dance:

Lets settle up on a time and place

Damn....if only you guys weren't 5 hours away. I'd ride out there and hook up!

Damn....if only you guys weren't 5 hours away. I'd ride out there and hook up!

How's Vegas in Oct grab ya? I'm planning on making it there for bike fest. We need to organize a VMAX mafia and take over Vegas for the weekend.....who's with me on that one?:punk:

D

How about Ontario for the SoCal ride link up point....it's central to all of us and provides a mutitude of riding options?????

D

Vegas....maybe. I'm honestly not a fan of states where I'm required to wear a helmet.

Hey, we are 4 V-MAX out of 12 people, going to river run on Friday 29th of April, from Los Angele (SFV) to Laughing... Any one like to go?

No can do for me....got Bday parties for both my kids that weekend.

Wish I could go...heard that is a good time.

Darren

Alright here we go, lets make this official.....

SoCal VMAX ride - Sunday May 1, meet at Hell's Kitchen (32685 Ortega Hwy, Lake Elsinore, California 92530) at 10:00. Everyone bring a strip map of where they think would be good places to ride from Lake Elsinore. We'll figure out what the best one or two are over a beer and then head out.

Thanx for the great idea Rusty I can't think of a better place to start a VMAX ride than a place called Hell's Kitchen. You all have one month to get your bikes back together so we can make this a good showing.

Got any questions or suggestions please drop me a line.

Darren:punk:

Attachments

• HC.jpg
    HC.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 12
Back