Stock airbox modification help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In fact to tell you the truth im starting to feel like i dont want to give my opinion on this forum anymore for fear KJ the stalker might come get me. We all have opinion's. And price and performance is why i went with stage 7. Kj are you ok to let whatever it is go and let me have my opinion and not make up word's that i never used (balanced).

LOL :rofl_200:

If you didn't state your opinion along with the others. This forum wouldn't be as great as it is. :punk:

As far as stalking, I have much better things to do in my free time. I didn't know that reading an open forum and leaving a comment is considered stalking, which is a criminal offence, in where as I've committed no elements of that crime. Just in case I read it wrong. What did you mean by "strong words?" So your saying that I can't voice an opinion? but you can? or just claim a misunderstanding of anther double entendre. Grow up.

A person asked for help on airbox modification. The more information the person gets, the better the final decision they will make. Ask Jon, ask Sean, ask PCW, all good suggestions. no need to get your feelings hurt cause someone suggests another avenue for information. Last thing I have to say about it, this thread has gotten off topic enough.

WOW talk about growing up. What's between Cornell and Morley i will leave to them. Both are great guy's. As for stalking dont be so literal. It was a joke im not going to press charges. And you having an opinion is fine with me just dont be so literal. Like when someone say's a blueprinted exhaust or KJ the stalker. I never said it was a balanced and blueprinted exhaust all i was saying is Jon did his home work. you put the balanced twist on it. And when i give my opinion about Jon you start trash talk. So it kinda seem's like im being stalked in a joking way so i made a joke. Ok IM DONE ENOUGH.

Can we just open a thread called "Dick Measuring"

That way when people stop arguing about the thread and start name-calling and forum bashing someone can just say "Dick Measure" and those two folks have to go to the other thread to hash it out.

Surprisingly, when I click on these threads because I'm genuinely interested in seeking knowledge about air box modifications, tire sizes, and aftermarket exhausts the last thing I need is to hear "you're being a doo-doo head!" and all sorts of other nonsense. I know that most of you are 30+ years of age, and I would hope that you would've learned by now how to pick your battles.

Ya your the adult pick your battles by dick measuring. Is this done can we get back to the topic.

Have you seriously never heard the term "dick measuring contest" before? it means you guys are arguing about stupid shit like you're trying to see who has the bigger dick. Ever heard of a "pissing contest"? Same thing. But thank you for yet again proving my point after you JUST SAID IN YOUR PREVIOUS POST "just dont be so literal"

EDIT:

And thank you for now turning what I said into a stupid argument. I like how you constantly say "let's get back on topic" and then take part in arguments not about the topic. It pains me to argue with people like you.

LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC.

Plenty of info on both setups here on the forum if you research but, in a nutshell here is what you need to know.

STG 7- The airbox goes away. You get 4 individual filters and a catch can setup, a breather setup, jets, restrictors, needles, shims, etc...

Muscle Jet Kit- Airbox lid gets modified for a flat panel filter. No catch can. A breather setup that works with the OEM airbox. Jets and etc as above. Stg 7 needles at an added cost. And Sean throws in a nice little case to organize everything.

STG 7 is a bit more expensive.
Both produce great top end.
Muscle jet kit tends to give you a bit more power in the mid range.

Can't go wrong either way. They both work well.

:rofl_200:Ok i cant help my self you left yourself wide open dinkydau444 with a name like that i wouldent be talking about a dick contest. Hell do to your name you wouldent even need to on zip. Yes i know you want to tell me that it means crazy. Crazy small. LOL. .444 LOL again. And yes both are great air set up's all i was saying is if you have a UFO exhaust you might want to talk with the man that built it and try what he has to say. If you dont want to that's cool with me. This much i can tell you is from a 6000rpm launch its alot to hang onto.:punk:

My tape measure is in inches and I probably need mm. I'd go withe the Morley kit.

I sell both. BUT, most end up running my kit. Same peak power with more mid range and bottom end. Not sure how hard that is to comprehend. It's not just me saying this either.

Sean

Uh oh, looks like we have a Nobody 2.0 in our midst.....now with Improved Penile Insecurity!

You don't even need to really take the carbs apart. Just remove the rack, flip it upside down, take the bowl screws out to get access to the mains. The rest can be done with the carbs on the bike.

Use a round toothpick to help remove and install the mains.

Well I'll be. Dunno why I've ignored this thread since my last post, but I'm glad I decided to see what all the traffic was about. Thank you all! You made my morning. :rofl:. Very entertaining. I've been putting off my next project for a month, but this thread has inspired me. I have S7 currently. I will put in a Morleyized airbox this Friday. I'll be sure to let this thread know of my impressions.

Sent from my Tapatalking Hercules Android

Hi all. I've just ordered my 4-2-1 UFO system to replace my cobras. But before I send it off to be setup I was wondering how to modify the stock box as I'm now pretty skint. Also what's the most cost effective way to match my fuelling to my exhaust? Thanks guys

Jet down a little and shim the Y 3/8 of an inch. You can shim the needles a bit too.Lots of thread on this here. You did say pretty skint. Neither is an equal relacement for the Morley Kit or stage 7. But, I like the way my rides running. I think the Morley kit is my personal preference.
As for the measuring contest? Anyone herd of the Irish curse? Yea, it really sucks man.
biglaugh.gif

Ok I'm interested. Not in the measuring aspect. What is the cost for both of them?
That might help decide the issue. Sean you should have a $25 gift certificate for me from a steelers vs patriots bet ;) no Matt what Sean I will be buying either one from you.
Can you let us know a price or should I email you?

Ok I'm interested. Not in the measuring aspect. What is the cost for both of them?
That might help decide the issue. Sean you should have a $25 gift certificate for me from a steelers vs patriots bet ;) no Matt what Sean I will be buying either one from you.
Can you let us know a price or should I email you?

(average prices) prices are about:

Dynojet Stage 7 (Sean can get you a good price on this):
Stg 7 w/puke tank - $200
K&N pod filters x4 (there are cheaper pods out there, but they've been known to catch fire, + you can't go wrong with K&N) - $155.52
Total - $355.52

Morley's Muscle Jet Kit:
$300 w/ sending in the lid as a core (no core, $350)

So $275 with your $25 gift certificate.

(average prices) prices are about:

Dynojet Stage 7 (Sean can get you a good price on this):
Stg 7 w/puke tank - $200
K&N pod filters x4 (there are cheaper pods out there, but they've been known to catch fire, + you can't go wrong with K&N) - $155.52
Total - $355.52

Morley's Muscle Jet Kit:
$300 w/ sending in the lid as a core (no core, $350)

So $275 with your $25 gift certificate.

Thank you seems like a no brainier. I haven't heard 1bad thing about Sean's kit. I have to talk to Steve o since he's the one that will be helping me install the kits. But I believe he likes Sean's kit. I need to do something soon lol. Weather has been awesome in Massachusetts lately.
Thanks

mark just make sure sean has some stage 7 needles in the kit for you should you need them. a lot of people i've talkd to have needed them. i have some stage 1's if you ended up needing those.

Latest posts

Back