Stock times for our bikes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stock motor, UFO full system, a little jetting done, front end strapped.

After many, many passes over the course of several years best was 11.39 @ 119
With 90% of the rest of my runs in the 11.40-11.45 range

These were at Houston Raceway Park, 15' elevation but usually very humid except a few weeks in spring and fall.

I weighed 230 in full gear at that time.

245 nekkid now ; )

i have a condition called fat i think... lol. 12.06 at 112 mph. definately was fun and am thinking the bike needs a dyno tune...

see sig below...

peace,
evan...

I'm late but just want to throw in.. Kyle is,,, One EXCEPTIONAL RIDER. He's glass smooth at the track. Awesome to watch in action....:clapping:

I'm thinking 10's are something acheived by only the best and lightest riders on a stock bike.
I read somewhere that Jay G. ran almost as fast on his personal bike (stock) as the factory supplied bike that ran into the 10's first. It's a common misconception that these bikes are king of the street still. Mostly shared by new Vmax owners.
Steve-o

Well we'll see if I have what it takes to get closer to the 10's on Oct 13 here. Some cool air, hopefully the track is sticky and I can grab a low 11.0x or maybe just maybe a 10.99 :)

Todd

Todd We need to get our 60' time's down in the low 1.70's. maybe Scott can help with our clutch release and rpm's. Good luck on 10.99 If it can be done i know you will get it done or bust a drive shaft. LOL...............Mike

Todd We need to get our 60' time's down in the low 1.70's. maybe Scott can help with our clutch release and rpm's. Good luck on 10.99 If it can be done i know you will get it done or bust a drive shaft. LOL...............Mike

I've been 1.70's before with my 290lb fat ass but my bike is 3" over with a 200 rear tire but with a 170 Shinko and a strapped frontend with a normal sized rider (200-240lbs) the low 1.7's are possible... My race weight is down almost 40lbs from last time I raced and I'm sure I found at least 5 more hp so I'm hoping to hit the 10's this Friday and get some good seat time in for Oct 13'th... The launch is EVERYTHING!! Just from the shot's I've seen of Todd's bike he is leaving some on the table as far as et goes, you can't wheelie or the pass goes to shit, can't bog it either... Gotta let the clutch slip right to the point where you can feel the front tire just skipping across the pavement, that's how you know your on a good run.. Also gotta keep your tits on the tank!

Attachments

• Race.jpg
    Race.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 202595_3394354779549_468653987_o (1).jpg
    202595_3394354779549_468653987_o (1).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 16
Scott I dont think Todd is leaving much. Todd like's to show off now and than it make's good picture's. Todd has run in the high 170's and i run in the mid 180's but we need to stay in the 1.70's. I think your right about the clutch and i will be watching you to see if i can make a change.

My best 60 ft has been 1.71 with the front strapped. I have a new front strap setup I ll be testing since last time I was using Mikes setup.

With the right weather and if I can get her out without lifting or bogging, who knows, maybe I can crack a 1.6x 60 ft!

I just wish I could jet my carbs before this event, but I don't have time. I think with the proper jetting I could get her in the low 11.0x's for sure.

Todd

Just went they dozens of my old time slips. Running between 11.39-11.50 at 118-120 mph.

Not one of those had a 60' time quicker than 1.81, usually more like 1.84-1.88, including the 11.39 I ran.

My launch technique sucks.

Just watched the video. I used to shift like that, all throttle and fan the clutch.
Was running similar times.

I started using the clutch for only the 1-2 shift and then NOT touching the clutch but instead loading the shift lever and just very slightly blipping the throttle to shift, it takes very little throttle blip to do that, no "chop" needed.

My times improved by a solid .10-.15 immediately.

Latest posts

Back